PDA

View Full Version : Boccob Vs. Mystra

Lady Tialait
2008-01-25, 08:03 AM
A no hold's barr that will end with the distruction (and probbly...if Mystra dies ressurection..) of the loosing god. Followers, Disiples (...and in Mystra's Case...lovers) Will go in all out magical war.

The only question...who wins?

Boccob the Uncaring Archmage of the Gods.

Or

Mystra, Goddess of Magic.

estradling
2008-01-25, 11:23 AM
Boccob: He begins casting

Mystra: She begins casting

Boccob: Before he finishes he pauses, holding the magic in place, “Why are we fighting?”

Mystra : Also stops in mid casting, “I’m not sure. We are both dedicated to magic and advancing it. So this seems foolish.”

Boccob: “The last time you died you took all the magic with you. Why would I want to risk that?” It more of a rhetorical question.

Mystra: “Indeed, and while you might not be as directly tied to magic as I am your are still a god of magic and killing you is bound to have a negative impact, so why?” Mystra gets a far away look in her eye and she searches the weave. Then she finds it, “Mortal magic, an unusually powerful compulsion, to make us fight for their amusement.”

Boccob: The older gods eyes go flat, “That can not be allowed.”

Mystra: “Agreed. Together then?” Her attention turns to the arrogant mortals and she begins pulling in power

Boccob: “Together!” He agrees and begins drawing power of his own so they can wipe the face of the world clean of such over reaching mortals. “Maybe when we are done we can discuss the various different ways our respective worlds handle magic?”

Mystra: “That would be nice”

Winner the Gods of magic… The loser foolish mortals…. :)

Athaniar
2008-01-25, 01:23 PM
[Plane shift to Azeroth] Foolish deities! You will never get me!

Ganurath
2008-01-25, 01:44 PM
Luckily, such intellectual gods have no qualms against intellectual excercises.

Boccob is the Uncaring, so Mystra would have to initiate the battle. She shows up blasting, and between counterspells Boccob threatens to release Tharizdun if she presses the assault. She pauses, demanding to know what he's talking about. Boccob explains how it took the entire pantheon and all their followers just to keep Tharizdun contained. Mystra, obviously fearful of that sort of power, submits to Boccob's trump card and falls for the bluff, because he had used Divination to see her coming and had cast a godly version of Glibness before she showed up.

EntilZha
2008-01-25, 07:21 PM
Mystra is much better looking. :smalltongue:

kpenguin
2008-01-25, 07:31 PM
Mystra is much better looking. :smalltongue:

So they have a Slap Slap Kiss (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlapSlapKiss) moment?

EvilElitest
2008-01-25, 07:43 PM
The irony is, in my game i have both gods of magic. Boccob always struck me as more powerful however, has he literally is magic in kinda of a cosmic force. Mystra seems more like a caretaker of magic, but not as powerful. Boccob is uncaring as well as the rival of the what his name, the god who wants to destroy the world
from
EE

kpenguin
2008-01-25, 07:51 PM
Oh, and Boccob wins (http://www.greyhawkonline.com/wogcomic/title/wogstrip144a.htm).

Ganurath
2008-01-25, 10:20 PM
The irony is, in my game i have both gods of magic. Boccob always struck me as more powerful however, has he literally is magic in kinda of a cosmic force. Mystra seems more like a caretaker of magic, but not as powerful. Boccob is uncaring as well as the rival of the what his name, the god who wants to destroy the world
from
EEYeah, I always figured the Uncaring encompassed a bizarre duality of the pursuit of knowledge and the free flow of information. Think about how often lore is stolen from the god, for a moment. He has the Knowledge and Magic domains among others, he should see the thiefs coming. However, he also has trickery, which means there's more to the thief successes than meets the eye: He lets the thiefs get away as a reward for their pursuit of knowledge, and by effectively giving the information away he's supporting the free flow of information. So, by doing nothing to prevent people from thinking he can be robbed, he's fulfilling his role as a god of knowledge and magic.

Back on topic, are we agreed that Boccob wins?