PDA

View Full Version : Things to persist

Cuddly
2008-01-25, 12:35 PM
I have a level 10 archivist/Contemplative9/Master of Shrouds1 who gets 30 turns/day, with easy metamagic: persistent spell.

What spells should I persist? I can persist 5.
Currently I persist:
Nymph's beauty (make a save or die from looking at me)
Ghostform (incorporeality is pretty cool)
Greater Aspect of the Deity (Half fiend template for free? Neato!)
Undermaster (A 9th level druid spell that gives me a bunch of sp's, including reverse gravity, stone to flesh, flesh to stone, mud to stone, and stone to mud, usable as much as I like).
Aerial Alacrity (Increases fly speed by 30' and one grade of maneuverability)

Other than the increase in speed that aerial alacrity gives, I'd like something better.

Douglas
2008-01-25, 12:52 PM
Vigorous Circle (Spell Compendium): fast healing 3 for the whole party all day long. Out of combat healing is no longer a concern.

Dark Tira
2008-01-25, 01:01 PM
Vigorous Circle (Spell Compendium): fast healing 3 for the whole party all day long. Out of combat healing is no longer a concern.

Actually, Vigorous circle doesn't qualify for persistent spell.
A particularly funny spell to persist is Footsteps of the Divine from Complete Champion, it allows you to get an insane burst of speed that is nearly the equivalent of the peasant railgun.

CthulhuM
2008-01-25, 01:02 PM
There's really nothing more broken than shapechange - gain whatever energy immunities, physical attacks and supernatural abilities you want any time throughout the day as a free action.

Douglas
2008-01-25, 01:25 PM
Actually, Vigorous circle doesn't qualify for persistent spell.
Persistent Spell requires personal or fixed range. Vigorous Circle has 20' range, which seems plenty fixed to me.

Cuddly
2008-01-25, 01:38 PM
There's really nothing more broken than shapechange - gain whatever energy immunities, physical attacks and supernatural abilities you want any time throughout the day as a free action.

The polymorph line of spells are banned.

CthulhuM
2008-01-25, 02:12 PM
Veil of Undeath from Spell Compendium is a decent choice then - gives you all the immunities of an undead without costing you your con score. You will have to prepare inflict spells and harm and such to heal yourself, but I'd say the immunities are worth it.

FinalJustice
2008-01-25, 02:15 PM
Favor of the Martyr (SC), 4th level Pally Spell. You are now immune to stun and daze. Good Celerity abuse. =D

wormwood
2008-01-25, 02:19 PM
The polymorph line of spells are banned.

But you persisting a ton of 9th level spells isn't? Odd.