PDA

View Full Version : Happy Wintereenmas!

Haruki-kun
2008-01-25, 01:03 PM
A friend of mine just wished me a Happy Wintereenmas, which is how I remembered that it's Wintereenmas, the videogame Holiday, which lasts all week!

Happy Wintereenmas, everyone!

(Does anyone know what are the days of Wintereenmas?)

XiaoTie
2008-01-25, 01:06 PM
The days when gammers around the entire world stop whatever they are doing to worship the great gods of gamming and their creations. Hurray!

Happy Wintereenmas!

Skippy
2008-01-25, 01:10 PM
Wintereenmas is the last week of January, according to Ctrl+alt+del, the webcomic that created this holiday.

Myself, I'll play exactly as I'd play any other week of the year...

Metal Head
2008-01-25, 04:03 PM
Do you know what this means? It means that it's time for me to play all three Halo games in order. Covenant, look out cus I'm going to be killing you for the next 10 hours.

Zakama
2008-01-25, 04:07 PM
Videogame holiday. Could that be any better?

Jibar
2008-01-25, 04:15 PM
Well, if it wasn't Ctrl-Alt-Del in origin.
Don't get me wrong, I still read it, but only out of habit, and for another source of impartial video game news.
Wintereenmas just seems a little... self-important.
Gaming means the world to me and all, and I place it ahead of many other aspects of life, but Wintereenmas takes it too far. Especially now he's combined it with the Gaming Religion.
It's media, man. Not holy works.
And that's not funny.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-25, 04:27 PM
Don't get me wrong, I still read it, but only out of habit, and for another source of impartial video game news.
And that's not funny.

I must sincerely agree.

Keris
2008-01-25, 04:36 PM
Happy Wintereenmas to all! (accursed short duration of holiday)
As I've said elsewhere, I have semi-long list of games to get through, including:
Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry
.hack//infection
.hack//mutation
Half-life 2
Half-life 2: Episode 1
Half-life 2: Episode 2

Green Bean
2008-01-25, 04:36 PM
Sorry, dude. I'm Newbish.

SDF
2008-01-25, 05:39 PM
Do you know what this means? It means that it's time for me to play all three Halo games in order. Covenant, look out cus I'm going to be killing you for the next 10 hours.

On Legendary?
In one sitting?
On one can of Mtn. Dew?!

Keris
2008-01-25, 05:54 PM
Not on Legendary? Blasphemer!

And h_v, happy Fragukah. Or whatever.

EvilElitest
2008-01-25, 06:11 PM
For all of Buckely's faults, he did create a cool holiday
from
EE

Icewalker
2008-01-25, 10:52 PM
Happy Wintereenmas to all! (accursed short duration of holiday)
As I've said elsewhere, I have semi-long list of games to get through, including:
Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry
.hack//infection
.hack//mutation
Half-life 2
Half-life 2: Episode 1
Half-life 2: Episode 2

I hope you have DMC3 special edition, or you probably will give up and commit suicide after a few hours. That game is ridiculous (just finish a half-hour long level and get to the super challenging boss who downs you in two seconds? Start over!)

It is a very fun game though. At least, special edition is.

Ah, Wintereenmas. Good stuff. I'm probably just gonna keep working on re-beating Kingdom Hearts II. And playing WoW.

Keris
2008-01-26, 06:12 AM
Yep, special edition. This is actually my first playthrough, I got it to be ready for DMC4.
I'm probably going to have to play a second time as well, just to see what Virgil's like.

EmeraldRose
2008-01-26, 11:22 AM
Hooray! Another reason to play as much Mask of the Betrayer as possible all weekend long!

I wonder if I'll manage to keep Andre off the PC long enough...Well, he can always use the laptop :smallbiggrin:

North
2008-01-26, 01:17 PM
For all of Buckely's faults, he did create a cool holiday
from
EE

Agreed, Happy Winter een Mass everyone :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2008-01-26, 03:03 PM
Never heard of this :smallconfused: Must be because I never read Ctr-Alt-Del.

Anyway, this won't change my gaming habits much. But it is good to know gamers have a holiday of their own. If it makes your gaming more enjoyable, good for you.

zeratul
2008-01-26, 03:09 PM
Happy wintereenmas! I celebrated it on Thursday. Made a wintereenmas cake and everything. I'm doing some more of that this weekend I think.:smallbiggrin:

Haruki-kun
2008-01-26, 03:13 PM
Never heard of this :smallconfused: Must be because I never read Ctr-Alt-Del.

I read a few. But still, I don't really pay attention to it because of the comic. It just happens to be a good celebration. :smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2008-01-26, 03:48 PM
I sure can use another day to do nothing, you got that right :smallamused:

Zombie pixe
2008-01-26, 04:14 PM
Happy wintereenmas everyone. fun times ahead... :smallamused:

de-trick
2008-01-26, 05:18 PM
happy Wintereenmas

Gem Flower
2008-01-26, 05:26 PM
HAPPY WINTEREENMAS, EVERYBODY!:smallbiggrin:

Vespe Ratavo
2008-01-27, 03:47 AM
It's time for another Crackdown marathon. :smallbiggrin: Ah, giant explosions, super powers, street races, and good friends. Is that not the essence of Wintereenmas?

Happy Wintereenmas to all, and to all a good night.

JessSoccer
2008-01-27, 08:17 AM
Ah crap,
I was thinking today would be a brilliant day to celebrate it, but I have to do some readings for class tomorrow *curses* But as soon as thats done, I'm going to:

finish unlocking all the achievements in MUA (I still need a few gold medals and some online play ones)
beat Super Luigi Galaxy
and get Tomb Raider Legend out of the way.

If I finish all that, I'll be restarting Blue Dragon, which I was rudely interrupted from finishing due to my ex leaving and taking the 360.

Tom_Violence
2008-01-27, 12:22 PM
Wintereenmas just seems a little... self-important.
Gaming means the world to me and all, and I place it ahead of many other aspects of life, but Wintereenmas takes it too far. Especially now he's combined it with the Gaming Religion.
And that's not funny.

Couldn't agree more. He may as well have called it Buckleymass. Plus, when did he become impartial anyway?

Furthermore, I just really don't see the point of trying to make a 'holiday' for it. I play games in my spare time. I can't magic spare time out of thin air, because that's just not how the world works. Nor am I going to divert time away from doing other stuff that I enjoy out of some weird secular obligation, because that's annoying and would likely just make me not enjoy playing games during that time. Imagine if someone came up to you and said "Stop what you're doing! You must play games - its Wintereenmas!" I'd be struck by the urge to punch them and carry on with whatever it was else that I was enjoying doing. You can't force leisure on people.

The flipside is that you're one of those people that only has one leisure activity - namely playing video games. So its probably fair to say that Wintereenmas is a year-round thing for you anyway, and you should maybe go outside some more.

So congrats Buckley. You can add this to the list of useless things you've created.

onasuma
2008-01-27, 04:15 PM
*digs up his copies of thief I, II and III*
Should be a good un, but next year, ill be out of seris to complete in order... (Well, ones i have, anyway)

Tar Palantir
2008-01-28, 09:15 PM
Just now noticed the thread, I didn't bother looking because I was playing video games. Oh, the irony :smallbiggrin: .

I've decided to devote one day of the week to each of the seven game genres. For RPG I finished KotOR (again), for RTS I played Warlords Battlecry II, for FPS I played Jedi Academy because I don't have enough room to install Halo 2 ( :smallfrown: ), and today was sports games, which I celebrated by playing Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (best bargin bin game based off of popular media I've ever played; not saying much but there it is). Tomorrow I'll celebrate adventure games by honing my Return of the King skills on PS2. After that is Super Smash Bros for fighting and Combat Cars for racing (yes, the only racing game I own is for Sega Genesis. I had one of every other genre, didn't I? What more do you people want from me?).