PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Stat yourself thread

TheLogman
2008-01-25, 08:52 PM
Yes, that's right another thread to stat yourself in. However, a few notices/tips/rules.

1. The strongest/fastest/smartest ect. of our time are level 4. This includes Olympians, Stephen Hawking, ect. Legendary figures in the history of the world are level 5. For example, Napoleon was a level 5 Marshal, talented and experienced, a legend that practically stretched the limits of humanity.

2. Please no Spellcasters, not even classes that gain spells later. Seriously now, I doubt any of us can use magic.

3. Please be honest about your abilities, and evaluate yourself as honestly as possible. Because this is an internet forum, we don't really care what your stats are, so please don't exaggerate, and more importantly, this is more for fun than bragging about ourselves.

4. For a point of reference, the highest ability score possible at our levels is 19, and that is putting you at the forefront of human abilities, Napoleon probably had 18-19 Charisma (He was able to turn an entire army from Hostile to Friendly in 1 round), and Hawking probably has 18 or so INT. With regards to various formulas floating around concerning IQ scores and intelligence, feel free to use them, but personally, I feel that IQ scores are fundamentally flawed, and do not encompass everything that INT does.

Now that that is over with, here is me, and my Brother.

Me

1st Level Commoner
Abilities: 10 Str, 11 Dex, 8 Con, 14 Int, 8 Wis, 14 Cha
Feats: Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Negotiator
Skills: Dunno really, probably Diplomacy, Swim, Speak Language (Spanish)

My Brother

1st Level Commoner
Abilities: 12 Str, 11 Dex, 12 Con, 12 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha
Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff)
Skills: Again, not really sure, maybe Craft (Really Good Food), Jump, Climb, Swim

Worira
2008-01-25, 08:56 PM
Think about this. Why do we need another?

TheLogman
2008-01-25, 09:04 PM
We actually haven't had one in like 3 months now, firstly, and secondly, because I have been imagining d20 rules behind everything that's been happening to me for the past 2 weeks or so, and need to get it out of my system.

Collin152
2008-01-25, 09:05 PM
But... accurate realistic stats of ourselves are boring. And I think this goes in a differant forum.
We're all level 1 commoners anyways. Oh, sure, maybe some of us are experts, and there may be one or two aristocrats, and probably some warriors, but when it all gets down to it, we aren't exactly an "ooh, aah" breed of people.

Lupy
2008-01-25, 10:15 PM
I know some epic level whiners in real life. This one woman was like a level 35...

EvilElitest
2008-01-25, 10:19 PM
Napoleon was a level 5 Marshal, talented and experienced, a legend that practically stretched the limits of humanity.

Alright, i'm good :smallwink:

Literally, um

Chrisma 17
Int 19
wisdom 10
Strength 14
Con 15 (but i don't feel pain so?)
Dex 14 (fencing)
no i'm not cheap
from
EE

Ganurath
2008-01-25, 10:30 PM
[IRL Name Omitted]
Human Male Monk 2
Str 6 Dex 13 Con 8 Int 14 Wis 13 Cha 7
Feats: Weapon Finesse (Unarmed Strike), Improved Unarmed StrikeB, Stunning FistB, Extra Stunning, Combat ReflexesB
Skills: Balance, Diplomacy, Hide, Listen, Spot, Move Silently, and Tumble all have 5 ranks.
Languages: English, German, and Uryuomoco (Dan Shive made me waste a starting language slot on his webcomic's aliens.)

Parvum
2008-01-25, 10:31 PM
Alright, i'm good :smallwink:

Literally, um

Chrisma 17
Int 19
wisdom 10
Strength 14
Con 15 (but i don't feel pain so?)
Dex 14 (fencing)

from
EE

That's it.

Send in the House Cats.

EvilElitest
2008-01-25, 10:32 PM
That's it.

Send in the House Cats.

wait what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Really what?
from
EE

Lupy
2008-01-25, 10:34 PM
I dunno, here goes:

1st Level Commoner

Cha: 12
Int: 18
Str: 8
Con: 8
Wis: 14
Dex: 8

Knowledge (Parakeets, fish, Star Wars, Star Trek, Boinicle, Harry Potter, Middle Earth, Shannara, Miscellanious Fantasy, Music, useless trivia)

I'm what we call... Athletically challenged... :wink:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-25, 10:40 PM
I'd be more of an expert than a commoner... me thinks.

Human Expert 2
Str 8 [can't lift a darn thing]
Dex 11 [slightly above average, but not very much so]
Con 9 [*cough cough* no sir, I ain't got any cold at the moment sir.*sneezes*]
Int 15 [smart for my own good. Overall Position 1 isn't something to scoff at, you know. Although I have a strange feeling EE will have a go at this.]
Wis 13 [calm and reflective, but not amazingly so.]
Cha 11 [always jolly and friendly, but people sometimes... fine, often find me somewhat annoying because I talk too much...]

I think that's about it. I'll have full ranks in Listen and Spot (very observant) too.

Wooter
2008-01-25, 10:50 PM
Strength 10 (I'm not particularly strong or weak.)
Dexterity 10? (I tend to fall down and trip on things, but I am a decent shot with most firearms. So... It averages out?)
Constitution 11? (I have pretty bad asthma, but I heal faster than normal and have never gotten dizzy after giving blood. Kind of mixed messages again.)
Intelligence 16 (I am very smart, especially when it comes to logical problem solving skills.)
Wisdom 6 (I'm brash, impulsive and easily distracted. I als- hey is that a quarter!? I'm gonna go get some gum!)
Charisma 14 (People seem to either love me or hate me. I'd say that's a strong personality.)

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-25, 10:54 PM
1st Level Commoner
Abilities: 10 Str, 11 Dex, 8 Con, 14 Int, 9 Wis, 8 Cha
Feats:
Skills: Knowledge (Useless junk)

Icewalker
2008-01-25, 11:01 PM
Let's see...being 15, I am going to go by 'intelligence' as intelligence potential instead of actual reservoir of knowledge.

Me
1st level commoner or possibly expert
Strength: 7 (I'm both young, and not particularly strong)
Dexterity: 12 (I'm quite dexterous.)
Constitution: 12 (I am skinny, but I never get sick. I recently had a bad (101) fever that lasted about a day.
Intelligence: 15 (I am a very smart kid...straight As, honor/AP classes...)
Wisdom: 9 (psh, common sense is for losers)
Charisma: 12 (I don't look for leadership, but when I end up in a leadership position I completely take over and organize everything. People try to put me in said positions.)

Feat: Great Fortitude. See note on constitution: never sick.
Skills: Let's see...maybe 1-2 in Balance, Diplomacy, maybe jump, perhaps a few knowledge skills, listen, Sleight of Hand (card tricks :smallbiggrin: ), Speak Language (Spanish) with 1 skill point, maybe spot, swim. Maybe one in tumble, if not then I will once I find the opportunity to start practicing parkour. The rest go into stuff like Skiing.

By the way, haven't had a chance to comment yet. EE: awesome new avatar.

Ozymandias
2008-01-25, 11:10 PM
wait what? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Really what?
from
EE

You either didn't read the original post or have an absurdly inflated ego. You're not, I'd wager, in the realm of 19 Intelligence (Goethe, maybe, Da Vinci, that sort of combination Polymath/Super Genius).

Myself? Human Commoner 1, maybe Expert 1.

Str 9
Dex 13/14 (passable gymnast, several martial arts)
Int 16/17 (maybe too high, but I did get a 34 on the ACT and win essay/poetry contests etc. I'm really more of a Diderot-type than someone who's really good in any one area. I've noticed that Int is the stat people most care about [or at least exaggerate the most]. It's probably a symptom of our relatively cerebral society.)
Con 7-10 (I really haven't been hurt or sick enough to really find out but it's northing exceptional either way. I have slight eczema and thin skin, though.)
Wis No idea. 10?
Cha 11/12, I guess. I'm generally rather eloquent in speech and prose, though I resort to silence fairly often, which tends to unnerve people.

Languages: English, Spanish (idiomatic), Japanese (broken), Latin (bits and pieces)

Probably a few martial weapon proficiencies and a diverse host of Knowledge skills (yay school!), a little tumble, etc.

Oeep Snaec
2008-01-25, 11:16 PM
Hitler had a charisma of probably 20. To take Germany from being amongst the poorest nations of the world to being a military superpower fueled by national pride is an amazing accomplishment. (note I do not in any way approve of his beliefs and ethics and actions. He is one of the top 5 evil people in the history of everything. I have to respect his leadership ability though.)

EvilElitest
2008-01-25, 11:44 PM
You either didn't read the original post or have an absurdly inflated ego. You're not, I'd wager, in the realm of 19 Intelligence (Goethe, maybe, Da Vinci, that sort of combination Polymath/Super Genius).

Myself? Human Commoner 1, maybe Expert 1.

1. No, how the hell do house cats fit in
2. A guy with a Napolion Avater has an inflated Ego? Named EvilElitest? Noooooo
3. Ironically enough, that was in fact a parody on honesty , read the bottom of the post, their is a white statment
4. the 19 was a typo, the 18 is true. I belive it. Wizareds can start out with it
5. I will rise to power. I'm only a kid now, but your all see

Hitler had a charisma of probably 20. To take Germany from being amongst the poorest nations of the world to being a military superpower fueled by national pride is an amazing accomplishment. (note I do not in any way approve of his beliefs and ethics and actions. He is one of the top 5 evil people in the history of everything. I have to respect his leadership ability though.)
at the risk of bringing in Gordwin's law, i don't think Hitler was a political genuis, his blunders over hte course of the war even if you ignore Russia were absurd and he is an ungodly writer. Restoring Germany was pretty impression but remember, it is Germany and his goverment is a miltary dicatorship. Germany already had a culture of having National Pride letting them do seemenly impossible task (considering how well they did in WWI in retrospect, they should have lost ages ago) and a miltary government is the perfect system in terms of getting out of inpoverment, providing you know how to pull it off (Again german, miltary culture) I'd give him a Chrisma 16, a high int (he knew what to do, but he made some major basic blunders) more than anything.
On a random note, i love Germany:smallbiggrin: (not for the militarism though, i like the place)

A far simpler man is Napoleon, he would have
Int 19, remember that man was a mathematical master
2. Chrisma 21 (I mean after all he did, France still wanted him back after the Hundred days
3. Strength 14 most likely, he was a solider
4. Con 12, he was sickly and ate very badly, possible dying from Stomach cancer and was quite small
5. Wisdom 16, he was smart but his ego got in the way of his tactical sense
6. Dex unknown

from
EE

SilentNight
2008-01-25, 11:51 PM
probably not accurate

Human Male nationality: Bay Area/El Cerrito, (I am not an American, not while we have a president who gets 1/2 of the vote by saying it is god's will)
Commoner/Warrior/Fighter? 1 or 2, I am a decent Fencer and am one of the best at my club.
Str:11, I'm not particurly strong or weak.
Dex:13-14, I am ambidexterous and have decent reflexes, also see above note about fencing.
Con:8, I don't get sick often but I have a small cronic illness and have a stamina of virtually nil.
Int:15-16, I'm around the top of my class, have a 4.0(No AP for freshman alas) Like Icewalker said I'm basing this off of potential intelligence not actual knowledge.
Wis:14, I notice things that other people don't, I can hear pretty well when I'm actually paying attention and have pretty good intuition.
Cha:14, I'm an okay jazz musician and have been offered a chance to audition in an independent film.

Feats:Weapon finesse
Skills:Speak language(japanese)(random pidgin), Spot, listen, sleight of hand(I was into stage magic for a while), Bluff (fencing) Perform(piano and trombone), knowledge(ramdom junk, various others)

Tengu
2008-01-25, 11:57 PM
Commoners are farmers. If you have any education, you're an Expert.
Speaking of which, for those "stat yourself as you are, not as you would be if you were a DND adventurer" threads, D20 Modern works much better. Where, as much as I can understand it, level 1 means you're inept or a teenager, level 2 is college or the beginning of career, and most adults are level 3.

And considering this:

Smart Hero 2
Str 9
Dex 8
Con 12
Int 15
Wis 14
Cha 13

Skills: some technical Knowledge skills, lots of Knowledge skills about useless/geeky stuff, Computer Use
Feats: Probably some with the Luck descriptor

Ted_Stryker
2008-01-26, 12:14 AM
Speaking of which, for those "stat yourself as you are, not as you would be if you were a DND adventurer" threads, D20 Modern works much better. Where, as much as I can understand it, level 1 means you're inept or a teenager, level 2 is college or the beginning of career, and most adults are level 3.
Yep, I think D20 Modern works much better than D&D in this regard. Or GURPS, for that matter; that's what I'd pick:

ST - 10
DX - 11
IQ - 14
HT - 10

Advantages - Wealth (Comfortable), Mathematical Ability

Disadvantages - Bad Sight, Insomnia

Skills - Probably 4 points in Physics and 2-4 points in Engineering, 2 points in Mathematics, 1-2 points in Writing and Teaching, miscellaneous points in things like Driving and Computer Operation.

Quirks would include posting to internet message boards, having a ponytail, I'm sure I could put in something about musical preferences, and so forth.

Benejeseret
2008-01-26, 12:22 AM
I'd say I'm a Lvl2 Expert (finishing a Ph.D. soon to be lvl3)
10 Str (Gym twice a week and cardio 3 times a week)
8 Dex (yoga is hard! I have the basics of juggling and am trained with a bow)
14 Con (genetic nerve condition which lowers Dex but raises Con/pain threshold)
16 Int (PhD in the Sciences, 8 years of university with unlimited to go)
14 Wis (Got through 8 years of university and I do not owe anyone any money)
13 Cha (natural leader, got a medal from the queen, married, but not gorgeous)

Feats are likely something like: Skill Focus (Profession:Science), Skill Focus (Survival) as I've been a beaver/cub/scout/venturer/rover/leader for 20 years.

Mando Knight
2008-01-26, 12:52 AM
I'm a level 1 or 2 Expert, I suppose...
STR 10: I'm not weak, but not super-strong either.
DEX 12: Good hand-eye coordination, decent reflexes...
CON 10: Allergies, but can resist weather, pain, etc. when I am determined to.
INT 16: Valedictorian in HS, 34 on ACT, easily learn languages
WIS 13: I can notice minute differences, strong willed
CHA 8: Not good in public, depressive tendencies...

Skills: Knowledge: Arch/Eng, Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Religion, Knowledge: Tactics, Knowledge: Mathematics, Sense Motive, Decipher Script, Search, Profession: Engineer, Perform: Trumpet

Feats: Iron Will, Self-Sufficient

Languages: English, 3 undetermined (but formerly taken by Latin, Spanish, and German, but not used frequently enough or studied enough for them to really be Known Languages)

mroozee
2008-01-26, 01:30 AM
Using the standard that the All-Time Greats are 5's in their fields, I'll estimate that it takes 10-15 years of meaningful experience / training for the average person to earn a level. Of course, someone who is abnormally gifted could get their levels faster. For combat purposes, I am probably a CR 1/4 to 1/2 depending upon the circumstances.

Str 13
Dex 12
Con 11
Int 16
Wis 14
Cha 12

HP: 13
AC: 11
Move: 30

Saves: Fort +2, Reflex +2, Will +5
Initiative: +5

Attacks: One attack with fist/kick (armed) at +3 for 1d3+1

Levels: Expert 3 (Math PhD, JD, and Martial Arts)

Physically: fairly athletic but aging... bench ~225, run a 10K in ~ 1hr
Mentally: solid memory, very strong at math/logic/puzzles, studied many fields

Feats/Class Abilities: Skill Focus (Knowledge - Mathematics), Unarmed Strike, Improved Initiative

Skills(60): Knowledge - Mathematics 6, Gather Information 6, Concentration 6, Profession - Lawyer 5, Knowledge - Engineering 4, Knowledge - Religion 4, Knowledge - Geography 4, Knowledge - History 4, Knowledge - Nature 3, Profession - Businessman 2(4), Knowledge - Local 2(4), Diplomacy 2(4), Swim 2(4), Perform - Oratory 1(2)

Fiery Diamond
2008-01-26, 01:49 AM
Wow. It's actually quite humorous to see the insanely high int scores some of you give yourselves. The way I see it, if we were to compare game stat numbers to real life, 16 is in the genius range, not just "really really smart." Remember, 10-11 is the average: that means the normal person, not the stupid people. You could be a straight A high school student with a 10 int if you were very dedicated. That's how I see it, anyway.

If you look at my scores in my sig, I'd say to be accurate, subtract 3 from all of those to get my real scores. (btw, I was valedictorian in high school) Well, I might have a Cha of higher than 10- I have a strong personality, but I'm not very charismatic in the usual, non-game terms sense of the word.

JaxGaret
2008-01-26, 03:42 AM
An ability score of 22-24 is the upper limit for humans. This can be calculated by taking world record strength demonstrations and comparing them to how D&D calculates Strength score via physical lifting capacities.

You can also attempt to compare D&D-style ability scores to RL percentiles via the probability curve of a 3d6 roll. Anything 19+ is very rare.

Going by those standards, I am a:

Human Expert 2

Str 15
Dex 13
Con 13
Int 17
Wis 14
Cha 10-12

Grynning
2008-01-26, 05:03 AM
I think the easiest way to do this is with Mutants and Masterminds, I tried it out the other day for kicks. Normal people are PL 2, which gives you 30 points to work with. Here's how I came out:

Str 10, Dex 12, Con 8 (heavy smoker), Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14 (people either like me or hate me, but they pay attention, dammit)
8 points spent on Abilities

Skills (ranks only, stat bonuses not added):
Bluff 3, Computers 2, Diplomacy 2, Disguise 2, Drive 2, Gather Information 2, Intimidate 1, Knowledge: Pop Culture 3, Knowledge: Civics 2, Knowledge: Behavioral Sciences 2, Knowledge: Theology and Philosophy 2, Medicine 1, Notice 2, Perform: Acting 2, Perform: Oratory 2, Profession 1, Search 2, Sense Motive 2, Stealth 1, Survival 1, Swim 2.
Most of these come from being a Boy Scout, actor, and a communications major, the rest is from general knowledge, nerdiness and my job.
10 points spent on skills

Feats: Grappling Finesse, Master Plan, Taunt, Well-informed, Accurate Attack
I took a few martial arts and learned to wrestle. The Master Plan, Taunt and Well Informed Feats are just things that I do naturally.
5 points spent on feats.

Combat and Saves:
Attack: +1, Defense +1
4 points
F +1, R +1, W +1
3 points
Total F +0, R +2, W +1, Toughness -1 (I do have a glass jaw, many people have tested it :smalltongue:)

Total 30 points.

Not too shabby, but nothing impressive. I can live with me :smallcool:

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-01-26, 06:02 AM
Lord Silvanos: Beholder elder orb Sorcerer 19 Mindbender 1
Huge Aberration
HD: 33d8+330 plus 20d4+200 (732 hp)
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 17, Con 30, Int 26, Wis 21, Cha 34.

Dervag
2008-01-26, 06:18 AM
Level 1 Human Expert, approaching Level 2.

Strength 12 (a bit of occasional weight training)

Constitution 8 (My resistance to disease and pain is by no means exceptional, and my endurance is poor)

Dexterity 10 (I can't catch, but I move fairly quickly)

Intelligence 17, maybe even 18 (based on the reasoning that D&D intelligence should fall on a bell curve created by rolling 3d6 and on the number of people I've ever met whom I can say are definitely noticeably smarter than me)*

Wisdom 7 (I have decent intuition and a modicum of common sense, but relatively little willpower, and my eyesight and hearing are rather poor)

Charisma 7 (I care a lot about people and very few people find me actively dislikeable, but I have trouble interacting with people gracefully, and often make poor first impressions and jokes that fall flat).

I have no idea where my skills or feats go.

*No, I'm nothing like as smart as Einstein or Hawking by an enormous margin (and since I work in the same profession we can actually compare honestly). But their intelligence was rather specialized and cannot be modeled well in the D&D system. There's very little room between the intelligences that can be obtained by rolling 3d6 and the maximum attainable by 5th level. Einstein and such should fall into that range; I should not.

Grynning
2008-01-26, 06:33 AM
y'know, it does seem like no-one wants to characterize themselves as having anything less than genius-level intellect on these threads. Most people use the defense that they don't know anyone smarter than them and that they are fairly successful at intellectual pursuits compared to other people they know (re: people who aren't nerds like us :smallwink: ) I disagree with statting yourself at Int 16+ based on these two factors. First of all, the unwashed masses around you are probably not as dumb as you think they are, they just don't share your interests, thus you have little to discuss with them. Second, not knowing anyone smarter than you shouldn't really be surprising - it means that you're fairly average, or maybe slightly above. Genius level intelligence is relatively rare, after all.

Edit: I realize this may sound slightly hypocritical, considering I stat myself at Int 14, which would indicate "genius" level. I honestly don't know how "smart" I really am compared to anyone else, but I base the stat on an essay I read (somewhere in the annals of teh intarwebs) that had a pretty long comparative analysis of D&D Int vs. real-life IQ based on relative frequency and conversion tables. I don't remember the math, but the gist of it was that D&D Int stats that fell between 6 and 15 or so could pretty much be multiplied by 10 to get the equivalent IQ. I took two APA board-certified IQ tests and both gave me results between 130 and 140. I round up for stat threads, since I'd rather have a +2 bonus :smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-01-26, 06:37 AM
I've actually statted myself out on a charecter sheet (http://www.3edb.com/viewCharacter.asp?cid=16680)

Yes, this is info from d20 Modern from the d20M SRD.

Reasoning behind each:

STR: Average in most details, but I'm a decent grappler
DEX: Very good balance, decent agility, and all that stuff, but I'm a bad pistol shot, although that can be related more to inexperiance.
CON: People are amazed that I'm not sick all the time once they looked at my room when I was younger. I've only rarely been seriously sick, and the only work I've ever ducked out of was one hour of quarterdeck watch becuase I got hit by some pretty bad food poisoning.
INT: Using the 10 IQ points = 1 point of INT, with AVG INT beng 10 and AVG IQ being 100. My last IQ test scored me at 130, admittidly, that was a few years ago.
WIS: I have excellent SPot and Listen checks, but I'm quite gullible.
CHA: Honestly, I'd score myslef at 9, but people keep telling me that I'm a good leader, so I bumped it up, based on other people's perceptions.

Dumbledore lives
2008-01-26, 07:00 AM
Expert 1 I suppose

Strength: 11 Not strong but not weak either
Dexterity: 9 Okay
Constitution: 15-16 I haven't missed a day of school because I was actually sick in forever
Intelligence: 15 I get A's when I want to
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 13 It's a good number

What would Bruce Lee's stats be, he could literally snatch a dime from your hand and replace it with a penny before you could close your hand. He could also, from a position with hands at his sides, punch you in a 20th of a second. That's got to be at least 20 in strength and dexterity. He could also do pushups with his thums, or one handed with thumb and index finger.
Finally he could thrust his fingers through unopened steel cans of coca-cola. Steel Cans! He's got mad skills beyond belief! He's Awesome.

The_Blue_Sorceress
2008-01-26, 07:01 AM
probably not accurate

Human Male nationality: Bay Area/El Cerrito, (I am not an American, not while we have a president who gets 1/2 of the vote by saying it is god's will)

Wow. That comment really bothered me.

That said, to avoid any further bother, let's keep the politics off the boards.

Blue, female human Expert 1: CR 1/2; Size M (5'2"); HD 1d6; hp 3; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 11 (+1 Dex); Attack -2 melee, or +1 ranged; SV Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +3; AL LG; Str 6, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 14.

Languages Spoken: English, Japanese, Spanish.

Skills and feats: Craft (Visual Arts) +3, Craft (Writing) +9, Diplomacy +6, Handle Animal +4, Knowledge (Behavioral Science) +3, Knowledge (Biology) +3, Knowledge (Current Events) +3, Knowledge (History) +6, Knowledge (Literature) +9, Knowledge (Nature) +3, Knowledge (Religion) +6, Knowledge (Physical Science) +3, Research +3, Ride +3, Sense Motive +5; Skill Focus (Craft [Writing], Skill Focus (Knowledge [Literature]).

INT: I'm more than just a little smarter than the average bear. I scored a 33 on the ACT, a perfect 800 on the verbal portion of the SAT (and 680 on the math; this was before they added the written portion.) My IQ was first measured at approximately 150 (APA certified) when I was a young child.

CHA: I naturally gravitate to the position of leader if presented with the opportunity, and others go along with my ideas without fuss. I have a strong personality and sense of self. I don't go unnoticed long.

WIS: I'm very aware of what is going on around me socially, and I'm skilled at reading the emotional states of others. I can usually tell when someone is lying to me. My vision is better than 20/20, and my hearing is excellent.

DEX: I have excellent hand-eye coordination, better than average balance, and I'm quite flexible.

CON: I don't get sick any more or any less than anyone else I know. I don't smoke, nor do I drink more than once or twice a week, and I eat a healthy, varied diet.

STR: I'll be the first to admit that I'm a weakling. Provided that the weight is properly distributed (and I think the chart in the PHB makes this an assumption) I can carry around 50 lbs. with some discomfort. I know I can't carry more than 20 lbs. without imparing my mobility. I think that 60 lbs. is definitely the limit of what I can lift over my head, but I haven't done any tests yet. I know that I can do at least 55 lbs. because I'm always hauling around 55 lb. cases of paper at work, and I've lifted them over my head to see if I can do it. I can carry around 120 lbs and stagger around, and I know this because I've carried two of those cases of paper at once from where we store them out to my work area. I didn't like it, but I could do it.

Skills and Feats: I majored in English Literature in college, and I took history and religion classes there as well. I also took AP Bio, English, American and European history classes in highschool. My parents are both doctors (a cardiologist and a psychiatrist specializing in child and adolescent psychiatry), and I've picked up quite a bit of medical knowledge from them, as well as from my own independent study. I read books and articles on science, psychology and the natural world for the sheer enjoyment of it, and I'm an able enough gardener. I have done some fencing and skiied frequently until my mid-teens. Now my sport of choice is horseback riding. I enjoy all creative pursuits, but I've only put an effort into developing my painting and, to a much greater extent, my writing.

-Blue

Hranat
2008-01-26, 07:02 AM
Let's see... proabably something like Str: 6, Dex: 10, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 5, and Cha 12... That would be me.

Well perhaps we are a lot smarter then the average human in the middle ages, maybe all those Int scores aren't ridiculous at all?

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-26, 07:30 AM
Human Expert 2/Rogue 1

Str: 11
Con: 13
Dex: 14

I'm not in bad shape but I'm not particularly strong. I can be presice (but not particularly quick) when I have to be.

Wis: 14
Int: 13
Cha: 8

I'd like to think I'm quite intelligent and well informed but I've never been to social.

Skills (44): Craft (Duct Tape) 5~, Disguise 2*, Balance 2, Bluff 2, Knowledge (Computing) 6, Swim 4, Use Rope 3**, Move Silently 2, Intimidate 4, Forgery 2, Concentration 4, Speak Language 1', Hide 3, Perform (Comedy) 4

~Phear the duct tape hat (http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8331/ducttapehatqx7.jpg)
*Don't ask
**I was in the scouts
'French

Feats: Investigator, Run, Skill Focus (Knowledge)

Grey Paladin
2008-01-26, 08:12 AM
Lawful Evil (Honorable Ethical Egoist) Human Male Expert (Scholar) 1/Rogue (I *never* fight fair, and relay on trickery, distractions, and dirty fighting, will often threaten something/someone the opponent loves instead of facing him directly) 1

Strength: 7 (I am extremely weak for a man of my size(1'95) , but simply below average thanks to it)

Dexterity: 12 (My manual dexterity is horrific with anything beside a Keyboard, but on the Keyboard people just stare at me with shocked awe - I'm an accomplished sneaker while being extremely tall and lean)

Constitution: 8 (I have a weak immune system, get sick easily, have a low pain tolerance, and always feel tired, on the other hand my size comes to the rescue yet again - even if I feel tired I keep going on and when I rage/my life is threatened nothing can stop me)

Intelligence: 14 (I am highly intelligent, and always felt lonely for the lack of intellectual peers, when other kids watched Power Rangers I read encyclopedias for entertainment, and now when others learn for the sake of accomplishing something/getting a job I learn for the sake of learning - Overthinking to a fault is hardwired in me)

Wisdom: 14 (I have an uncanny ability to understand others, my capability of reading the body language/words of others is downright scary at times)

Charisma: 16 (I am *extremely* manipulative - being physically weak as a child and always picked on/beat up by the rest for my race and intellect has forced me to master this art, to this day people fear me, he who lost in a hand wrestling contest to a girl half his size, because they are sure I can snap their neck in half if I want to - I often make people do what I want by utilizing psychological tricks on them without them realizing it - and, most importantly, when guilt eats at me and I tell my friends I have manipulated them, they don't believe me even after I present them the exact tools I used- Light Yagami has nothing on me)

Flaws: Weak Will, Paranoia, World Weary

Feats: Dirty Fighting, Open Minded, Skill Focus: Diplomacy, Skill Focus: Knowledge: Computer Science, Skill Focus: Knowledge: Psychology

Skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sense Motive, Bluff, Knowledge: Computer Science/Engineering/Psychology/Literature/Robotics/Physics/Math, Move Silently, Hide, Craft: Robots, Craft: Computers, Craft: Engineering, Profession: Programmer, Perform: Act, Perform: Orator

Kami2awa
2008-01-26, 08:20 AM

I think he'd be 18 Cha... very effective leader but not superhuman.

Here's my (slightly clichéd) view of some 18s in history:

Str 18: Hard to say, maybe Olympic weightlifting record holders.
Int 18: Einstein, Newton.
Wis 18: Gandhi.
Con 18: Rasputin.
Dex 18: Again hard to say, probably highest-level martial artists.
Cha 18: Hitler, Julius Caesar.

My stats:

Level 1 Expert

Str 11 (average, after doing a fair amount of sport)
Int 14 (based on IQ testing, not a good measure I know)
Wis 8 (not very sensible and I don't like making decisions)
Dex 13 (improved a lot from martial arts, especially reactions)
Con 13 (pretty healthy, don't get ill easily and get better quickly when I do)
Cha 10 (maybe higher when drunk lol...)

Oeep Snaec
2008-01-26, 08:24 AM
, I am a decent Fencer and am one of the best at my club.

Where do you fence? I have been fencing for 3 years and I'm also one of the best on my team.

Str: 13
Dex: 15
Con: 15
Int: 16-17
Wis: 12

Shovah
2008-01-26, 08:27 AM
Here goes nothing I guess. I'm 15, so take anything I say with a pinch of salt:

Strength: 14? - I'm the strongest guy my age I know. I'm stronger than anyone my age in my school, and stronger(bench press/random arm wrestling atleast) than most/all of the guys in the year above me, although I haven't tried a fewof the weight lifting guys. Regularly beat random guys 1-2 years older than me in arm wrestles and such when I'm bored. It honestly should probably be lower, but I judged it more off the posts here than what I actually know of D&D rules.

Dexterity: 12 - I'm fairly big, and that has its drawbacks, but I have fairly good reflexes and I'm a decent archer.

Constitution: 14? - To quote a friend, I am "a beast". I'm big(not too tall), I have a crazy pain thresh-hold, I very rarely get sick and I can take alot of punches.

Intelligence: 15? - Highest marks in my class, regularly highest marks in my year. Rarely have to try in school. Great with mathematics/physics/logical problems. I know they don't mean much, but I tend to score 144(maximum, generally) on online IQ tests and such.

Wisdom: 12 - I'd say that my perception, common sense and intuition are all pretty good when I can be bothered to do anything.

Charisma: 13/14? - I'm not much to look at, I accept that - although I have a friend who I can often use as a 'puppet' to talk for me and bypass this entirely. I'm good at reading people, and can use this to my advantage in most social situations. I can be a little socially awkward, but this improves drastically with a little planning time. When I need to, I'm good at taking command and organising people. I'm a great manipulator, according to a few of my friends.

This all may seem a little exaggerated, and it could be, but I've usually been told I'm above average, so I hope its about right.
Again; I'm comparing to others posts - stats up at 15 ect are pretty huge in the D&D world as far as I know.

Feats and skills may be added later.

Obrysii
2008-01-26, 08:27 AM
Alright, I'll stat myself.

Str 8 [Using the Carry Capacity table]
Dex 8 [I am clumsy]
Con 12 [Rarely get sick, but when I do it lasts forever]
Int 14 [if 10 points of IQ equal 1 Int point]
Wis 8
Cha 6 [Poor people skills and bad self-image]

I'd not make a very good adventurer, except as a buffing wizard.

As far as Bruce Lee ...
Str 16, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14

Talya
2008-01-26, 08:37 AM
A lot of you people vastly overestimate your abilities.

A strength of 14 would allow you to lift 350 pounds and move it around, by yourself.

A constitution of 12 means you can hold your breath for 4 minutes.

There's no hard measure for dexterity, but factoring in the above, just consider that anything over 14 is olympic athlete level.

An intelligence of 16-18? You'd be among the world's elite...hobnobbing with the likes of Einstein, Hawking, and others. 15 would be certifiable genius. 10-11 is an average IQ...and remember, half of the people out there are stupider than that. The average clever university grad/doctorate, or great hacker, or computer programmer is going to be in the 12-14 range.

Wisdom is hard to measure, everyone always thinks they are wise. Likewise charisma.

snoopy13a
2008-01-26, 08:40 AM
An intelligence of 16-18? You'd be among the world's elite...hobnobbing with the likes of Einstein, Hawking, and others. 14 would be certifiable genius. 10-11 is an average IQ...and remember, half of the people out there are stupider than that. The average clever university grad/doctorate is going to be in the 12-13 range.

It depends on your scaling. Based on random dice rolls, very high intelligence scores are common.

If one distributes intelligence scores based on 3d6 percentages then the chances of your IQ would be:

Score Percent range (rounded to tenths)

3 0-0.5
4 0.5-1.8
5 1.8-4.6
6 4.6-9.3
7 9.3-16.2
8 16.2- 25.9
9 25.9-37.5
10 37.5-50.0
11 50.0-62.5
12 62.5-74.1
13 74.1-83.8
14 83.8-90.7
15 90.7-95.4
16 95.4-98.1
17 98.1-99.5
18 99.5-100

According the random chance theory, about 1 in 200 (more accurately 1 in 216) will have an intelligence of 18 (and 3 for that manner). People with 17+ intelligence are about 1 in 53 and people with 16+ intelligence are about 1 in 22.

The IQ divided by 10 theory is a bit different in scale. Someone with an IQ of 130 is about at the 98th percentile. This would put them with an IQ of 13 according to the IQ/10 theory but a IQ on the 16/17 theshold under the random chance theory. This is a huge gap. Based on the two theories, someone with an intelligence of 18 is either the top 1-3 students in a high school graduating class or limited to only super geniuses.

Talya
2008-01-26, 08:42 AM
It depends on your scaling. Based on random dice rolls, very high intelligence scores are common.

Note that actual rolled ability scores are reserved for the most elite of heroes!

snoopy13a
2008-01-26, 08:42 AM
Wisdom is hard to measure, everyone always thinks they are wise. Likewise charisma.

Like Socrates, I know that I am not wise. Which makes me the wisest of all :smallbiggrin:

snoopy13a
2008-01-26, 08:47 AM
Note that actual rolled ability scores are reserved for the most elite of heroes!

Don't they cheat and use 4D6 but take the highest 3?

As long as everyone is on the same scale then it doesn't make a difference. However, people's scaling systems are extremely different.

For instance, one person may limit a Dex of 18 to Olympic champions. Another person assumes that 1 in 212 or so people have a Dex of 18. So they assign the score to a minor league shortshop (who probably does have better dexterity then 211 (or more) other random people).

Felizginato12
2008-01-26, 09:19 AM
hmmm...

Human Bard 1 (I suppose i'm level 1 idk)

STR: 9 (not that tough)
CON: 8 (When I get sick I die)
DEX: 15 (don't know if that is too high but I play a wide range of instruments the one i'm most talented in are the drums which I have been playing for about 5 years now)
INT: 11 (I'm somewhat smart and outspoken. Not a genius at all and I have horrible grammar skills but the rest of my knowledge is up there).
WIS: 12 (I'd say the same just because I've known how things really work in life for the longest time)
CHA: 13 (I'm really not self conscious even though I have many a reason to be and I make way too many friends about 90% of them I actually like.)

Too lazy to think of my skills now but I suppose Perform would be in there somewhere...

How bout someone do a John Lennon one?

Maybe give him 80% weakness to bullets....

xD

Obrysii
2008-01-26, 09:39 AM

Seems about right. I'd also say that a higher Con = a lower resting heartrate ... something mine is already freakishly low. I am by no means in-shape, but my resting heart-rate is around 60bpm.

An intelligence of 16-18? You'd be among the world's elite...hobnobbing with the likes of Einstein, Hawking, and others. 15 would be certifiable genius. 10-11 is an average IQ...and remember, half of the people out there are stupider than that. The average clever university grad/doctorate, or great hacker, or computer programmer is going to be in the 12-14 range.

Somewhere, someone said that 10 points of IQ equals one point of Int. So that means that someone with an IQ of 100 has Int 10, someone with an IQ of 140 has Int 14 ... and someone with an IQ of 180 has Int 18.

I believe the highest IQ ever recorded was somewhere around 220, which would be an Int score of 22.

Felizginato12
2008-01-26, 09:50 AM
probably not accurate

Kudos to you silent night. Let us hope Obama wins this election. Then maybe you can come back to the US.

Talya
2008-01-26, 11:18 AM
I believe the highest IQ ever recorded was somewhere around 220, which would be an Int score of 22.

IQs over 160 are extremely hard to measure, and the tests are scientifically inaccurate once they have their ceiling bumped to be able to reflect IQs above the standard test caps.

Marilyn vos Savant disputedly has the highest IQ ever measured, but has tested between 167 and 228 on various tests. Steven Hawking comes in with the second highest IQ ever measured, around 200 at the high end, but has also tested with lower results.

mroozee
2008-01-26, 11:21 AM
Somewhere, someone said that 10 points of IQ equals one point of Int. So that means that someone with an IQ of 100 has Int 10, someone with an IQ of 140 has Int 14 ... and someone with an IQ of 180 has Int 18.

Marilyn vos Savant had a tested IQ of 228.

Most IQ tests give normal distributions only in the range between 70-130 or so (mean 100, standard deviation either 15 or 16). Outside this range, things get fuzzier. One method is to measure a child's mental age and divide it by their chronological age; this method generates very high IQ's for some persons. Others set their tests so that the IQ actually fits the normal distribution model.

With the latter, an IQ of about 149 on Stanford-Binet or 146 WAIS corresponds to 1 person in 1000 - well beyond our 1 in 216 limit for an 18 (much closer to rolling 4d6 and getting all 6's).

A 1/216 score of 18 would map to 139-142.

Another way to work is to say that 3d6 gives a mean of 10.5 with a standard deviation of about 2.96 and treat it as a truly normal distribution.

Stat IQ Prob (calculated from IQ for very rough scale purposes)
10 97 1:2
11 103 1:2
12 108 1:3
13 113 1:5
14 118 1:9
15 123 1:16
16 128 1:33
17 133 1:51
18 138 1:175 (limits of most IQ testing, perhaps best in your class)
19 143 1:487
20 148 1:1455
21 153 1:4868 (best in your school's last 20 years)
22 158 1:18376 (about 1 person in a packed basketball stadium)
23 163 1:75K (about 1 person in a packed football stadium)
24 168 1:340K (about 1 person in Miami or St. Louis)
25 173 1:1.8M (about 1 person in Houston or West Virginia)
26 179 1:15M (about 1 person in Florida, Cambodia, or the Netherlands)
27 184 1:93M (about 1 person in Germany, Mexico or Vietnam)
28 189 1:650M (about 1 person in the world in 1700; 10 people today)

Note: the proportions would apply to other stats as well. If you are the strongest person in Mexico, your strength would be around 27. This won't mesh with the carrying capacity rules, but there you are.

Chronos
2008-01-26, 11:23 AM
Wait, what game are we using? Usually, these things default to D&D, but that doesn't match the demographics you give in the first post. In D&D, legendary folks are around level 11 or higher, and a half a percent of all people have an 18 in any given ability score.

And yes, I'm aware of that Alexandrian essay which says otherwise, but put simply, it's wrong.

Talya
2008-01-26, 11:24 AM
Marilyn vos Savant had a tested IQ of 228.

See my clarification on that, above your post.

mroozee
2008-01-26, 11:41 AM
See my clarification on that, above your post.

Yes, I am aware of this. The numbers for different tests are not directly comparable in this range. Her 186 MEGA (deviation) = 224 (ratio) is approximately equal to her 228 Stanford-Binet (ratio).

That being said, her intellectual achievements are not comparable to her fantastic IQ. Her IQ may put her in company with Aristotle or Newton but as far as intellectual impact on the world, many people - including her husband - have out-contributed her (she is married to Robert Jarvik, inventor of the Jarvik Heart). This last part is not so much a comment on MVS as it is on the value of IQ scores in general.

blackfox
2008-01-26, 11:45 AM
I would like to point out that AD&D did a much better job of making ability scores accurate.

Human Smart 1 and maybe Fast 1 as well, using Modern because it works

STR: 10, by lifting capabilities. Everything else can be accounted for by skill points. (AD&D 10)
DEX: 13-14. Good at all Dex-based skills, generally agile, fast, etc. Practiced at Dex-based activities such as juggling, dodging incoming projectiles, etc. (AD&D 12)
CON: 12-13. High pain tolerance, good Fortitude saves (against disease, etc.) (AD&D 12)
INT: 16. IQ 140ish, making A+'s in multivariable calculus and AP physics courses, generally good at problem solving, understanding and analysing, etc. (AD&D would have IQ 140 as a 14, percentage analysis of dice rolls would have IQ 140 as an 18)
WIS: 10. 8 with regards to common sense, and 14-15 with regards to intuition and understanding and just about every other aspect of Wis. (AD&D 10)
CHA: 12-13. Pretty good at influencing people, very good at lying, powerful personality, outgoing. (AD&D 11)

Feats: Run, probably something like Toughness or Athletic or Alertness

Skills: (48 at first level) Probably something like Balance 2, Bluff 2, Climb 2, Computer Use 2, Craft (visual art) 2, Drive 1, Knowledge (history) 1, Knowledge (physical sciences) 4, Knowledge (popular culture) 1, Knowledge (technology) 2, Listen 2, Perform (wind instruments) 2, Read/Write Language (French), Sense Motive 2, Speak Language (French), Spot 2, Swim 2, Tumble 2

Project_Mayhem
2008-01-26, 11:56 AM
Ok, lets go with:

True Neutral Human Expert (Student) lv.1 (I'm just starting a degree so thats probably fair)

Str: 10 (if I'm being generous)
Dex: 8 (Yeah, I'm dyspraxic)
Con: 8 (And unfit)
Int: 16+ (depending on what a high int means - i'm easily in the top percentile of people so maybe 17? 18? Need more time to prove myself)
Wis: 8-10 (I'm very unperceptive, and my Will save is abominable)
Cha: 14 (At my best)

Skills: Knowledge (English Lit., Maths, computer game trivia, literature trivia), Craft (Essay, Creative Writing), Perform (Act, Sing, guitar, piano), Bluff (read blag), Speak Language (English, French), Swim(just. Like 1 rank)

Feats: Hmmm, not really sure I've got any of these. Possibly some skill focus.

SilentNight
2008-01-26, 12:20 PM
Where do you fence? I have been fencing for 3 years and I'm also one of the best on my team.

Str: 13
Dex: 15
Con: 15
Int: 16-17
Wis: 12

Sport Fencing Center in Richmond. I'd put myself second best not counting my coaches, although I can beat them on a good day. Where are you?

Also to The_Blue_Sorceress, sorry if I offended you. Must have been my Marxist side showing.:smallredface:

SilentNight
2008-01-26, 12:24 PM
Kudos to you silent night. Let us hope Obama wins this election. Then maybe you can come back to the US.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. I miss Bereklely pizza.

Solo
2008-01-26, 12:49 PM
*insert scathing poltical commentary here*

#Raptor
2008-01-26, 12:59 PM

A strength of 14 would allow you to lift 350 pounds and move it around, by yourself.

There's no hard measure for dexterity, but factoring in the above, just consider that anything over 14 is olympic athlete level.

A strenght score of 8 means you can carry 52 pounds as a light load. This means it won't decrease your speed. Not at all. Zero. You'd be just as fast as running with no load at all.

It also means you can carry up to 160 pound with only a 33% reduction in speed. While wearing a heavy medieval armor.
How many of you can do that...?

Going by this, I'd wager that easily more than 95% of this forums population have a strenght score way below 8.

Can we stop this now? Pretty pretty please?

Maybe it would REALLY be a better idea to see 10 as "average in our times*", than going strictly by D&D rules? Just a suggestion.

You see, not that I wouldn't agree that many here place themselves in the superhuman range, but strict rule-lawyering may not exactly make much sense either.

*I.e. for STR&DEX:
7 and below-> some medical condition
8-> below average
10-> average
12-> above average
14-> regular training
16-> exceptional athlete
18 and above-> olympian level

bugsysservant
2008-01-26, 01:15 PM
Let's see. My alignment fluctuates depending on the test, but I would probably be Lawful Neutral with a strong evil bent, and numerous chaotic tendencies. So not very lawful, but a bit above neutral.

Stats: Here's where it starts to get sticky. If you place the highest human as "19" and place everyone on a bell curve, then I would be surprised if a single person on this forum was over 14 in anything. Take intelligence. Da Vinci had an estimated IQ of 220. If thats intelligence 19, Vos Savant, the person with the highest ever tested IQ, probably has something like 16, and the standard genius would be about 13.

If, on the other hand, you look at the actual distribution of rolling 3d6, than, what, 1 in 200 people have intelligence 18? That's a bit more realistic, I think, so will use that for my basis.

Strength: 15. I'm pretty strong, and looking at some fitness averages online, I see that I am well above average. I also play football and am one of the strongest people in my school.

Dexterity: 12. I'm above average, but not to a great degree.

Constitution: 18. Seriously, I never get sick. Never had to take antibiotics. I frequently go for four hour walks without a coat in five degree (F) weather. This is definitely one of my higher stats.

Intelligence: 17-18. I'm one of the smartest people in my school. Definitely qualify for top .5% in terms of distribution. But if you go 18=Stephen Hawking, well, I'm not that smart.

Wisdom: 9-12. I would put myself at average or a bit below here. But if you include abstract subjects, like philosophy and theology as covered by this, than I might be a bit higher.

Charisma: 12-16. This is even more subjective than wisdom, but I am persuasive, I have been told by numerous different people to join debate, and have other reasons. But again, VERY subjective since it isn't quantifiable in the least, and we don't really have a basis for reference from RAW.

Class: Factotum. Yeah, they can eventually cast spells, sorta. But it really does fit me. I can temporarily do things that I really shouldn't be able to. When I was learning to drive, I parallel parked perfectly my first try. My instructor didn't believe that I never had before. Within three games I could play as well as my friend who had been playing for months. Whenever I write, I merely have to wait for inspiration and can write an essay about a topic I'm utterly unqualified for. Whenever I take standardized tests, I frequently figure out maths which I was never taught, but forget them afterwards. SO, yeah, factotum. I suppose bards with bardic knack might kinda work, but spells.

Project_Mayhem
2008-01-26, 01:18 PM
Oh, in that case I'm lowering my strength to 8 odd as well - I'd always considered strength like your ACTUAL bodily strength, while constitution was yuor endurance - i.e. over a short distance I could operate as if I had Str 10, but very quickly I'd become encumbered.:smallwink:

snoopy13a
2008-01-26, 01:30 PM
I would be a level 20 Rouge :smalltongue:

Strength 19*- due to "performance enchancers"
Dexterity 19*- see above
Constitution 19*- see above
Intelligence 6 (why not?)
Wisdom 5 (has to be low as instead of doing something useful, I am writing a lame joke post)
Charisma- 3- unfortunately the HGH and steriods have caused me to grow a third ear on my forehead, drastically lowering my charisma. On the bright side, I can beat anyone up :smalltongue:

Annarrkkii
2008-01-26, 01:40 PM
Ah... narcissism. The point of D+D, in many respects, is to be able to create and play a character completely unlike yourself—dangerous, adventurous, medieval, brilliant, whatever—and thus, the game is geared toward created above average. Almost everyone on these boards is probably in the 90-99% percentile of intellectual capacity in the nation, so we manage to pull of above average in that category, but stating ourselves in D+D terms is impractical.

If you say you have a 15 in INT, then you're claiming you are 50% more intelligent than the average human being. If you put stock in the IQ system (which I don't), that works out to a 150 IQ. Say you have 15 STR, and you're claiming to be half again as strong as the average human male. Twice as strong as many. Whether or not there exist quantitative measurements for any ability (CON, DEX, CHA, WIS), the proportional measurements still hold true, and should give you a relatively solid point of comparison.

At BEST, I'm an Expert 1, with maybe 8 STR, 11 DEX, 11 CON, 14 INT, 10 WIS, 10 CHA. That takes into account a few years of wrestling, cross country running, AP classes, 4.0+ GPAs, and whatever other hodgepodge of acclaims I've run across in my reasonably short life span. In otherwords, I'm completely average.

The two biggest flaws in trying to stat yourself in D+D terms comes where leveling is concerned. In six years of schooling, you can go from knowing next to nothing about anthropology to having a degree in it. In four years of wrestling, you can go from being a fish to being a real competitor. However, in D+D, you can't actually get significantly more knowledgeable, or better at anything, really, without also getting better at fighting (BAB), becoming harder to kill (HD), and pumping up your save bonuses. In the real world, it doesn't take very long, considering, to radically increase your talent for something. The D+D system makes no allowance for that growth, instead forcing you to advance everything simultaneously, and making that extremely difficult. Even D20 Modern still follows the block leveling system.

You'd have better luck statting yourself with Shadowrun or others of the more nonlinear systems.

Tengu
2008-01-26, 02:31 PM
Those people from the "high stats are for legendary heroes, you're lucky if your highest stat is 12!!1one" camp forget one thing - higher stats does not mean that much in DND! Having 14 Int/Str doesn't mean you're 40% smarter/stronger than someone with 10 Int/Str, it means you have a 60% chance of success on an ordinary DC 10 Int/Str check while someone with 10 in that stat has 50% chance. That's only 20% difference.

Oh, and that "int = IQ/10" argument is so ridiculous, and comes out each time, so I'm not going to explain why it's bad this time. Find my last post on it if you're interested, or if you absolutely HAVE TO connect IQ to DND's Int, mroozee did the best work there.

If you say you have a 15 in INT, then you're claiming you are 50% more intelligent than the average human being.

In all seriousness and without thinking too high of myself... seeing how ordinary people fail to see the obvious or make simple logical connections, I support that claim, and consider myself around 50% more intelligent than average.

Corlis
2008-01-26, 02:58 PM
Hmmmm:

Commoner 1

(I am a wuss)
Dex: 10
(So-so)
Con: 9
(Out of shape, but not too badly)
Int: 13
(I have some mental talent, but not that much)
Wis: 11
(I think I'm sort of OK in this area, but not terrific)
Cha: 8
(I'm far too shy)

Skills: Craft (Writing) +2, Knl (History) +6, Knl (Computers) +3

Feats: Disease Resistance (From NWN. I haven't been physically ill for nearly a decade), Skill Focus (Knowledge (History)), Absent-Minded (Trait), One Unspent Feat

Languages: English, French (Badly), Latin (Even worse), Greek (At least I can sound out the letters)

BardicDuelist
2008-01-26, 03:23 PM
If I had to stat myself now, I'd rather use GURPS.

Collin152
2008-01-26, 03:43 PM
Okay, fine, I'll stat myself, vaguely. Im a level 20 Cleric/20Wizard/20 Fighter Lesser Deity of Trivial Pursuits (but not Trivial pursuit). My Divine Rank is... not public domain.

Gorbash
2008-01-26, 04:03 PM
STR 11 (neither strong, nor weak)
DEX 12 (I have decent reflexes, I play violin, so I'd say I'm better than an average joe)
CON 16 (I haven't been ill for at least 7 years now, my pain threshold is far beyond average (doctors' words), I didn't get sepsis when I had a pretty large leg wound caused by a rusty iron metal spike, so I'd say I have a good immune system, also a diver, my lung capacity is pretty good)
INT 14 (judging by IQ tests...)
WIS 8 (my logical judgement is sometimes lacking (not in math problems or something like that, but overall aproach to life), I'm lazy)
CHA 13 (girls find me cute, I can talk my way out of anything)

Skills: Bluff +4, Computer use +3, Swimming/Diving +3, Drive +2, Diplomacy +2, Perform (violin) +3, Knowledge (history) +1

Feats: I'd just take Force of Personality (CHA over WIS for will saves), I'm strong willed, but lack the wisdom

Speak Language: Serbian, English and can understand French a bit and read it, but cannot speak...

Oeep Snaec
2008-01-26, 04:15 PM
I suppose that would lower my stats as well. I'd have to mull that one over.

Ozymandias
2008-01-26, 04:41 PM
All of this arguing of the validity of high scores is really silly. Whether you should use a statistical base or not, and what base that should or should not be, is open to interpretation. The rules don't provide clear provisions - that's because it's a role-playing game, not real life.

Grey Paladin
2008-01-26, 04:51 PM
that's because it's a role-playing game, not real life.
Genre blindness will one day doom you.

WhiteHarness
2008-01-26, 04:58 PM
Wow. Some people have inflated opinions of their own abilities, and have very shaky justification for it...

A couple people are right; GURPS is better for this.

mroozee
2008-01-26, 05:09 PM

A 14 Strength would also mean that you could lift 175 pounds over your head. Clean and Jerk? No problem. Military press would be tougher but still not particularly remarkable. Personally, I based my 13 Strength on a 150 lb. military press. They don't say HOW you lift double the weight off the ground. Harness lifting 300 pounds would be no problem at all. Picking up a 300 pound rock would be tough, though.

According to the Swim feat, you can only hold your breath for 1 round per point of Con before you have to start making Con checks. 72 seconds is not that big of a deal. The Con checks become increasingly difficult each round and the character will fail shortly thereafter. If the SRD says that you can hold your breath for 4 minutes with a 12 Con, then the rules would appear to be in conflict with themselves.

Where did you get this?

As I think about this more, I believe that the D&D Intelligence range from 4 to 17 really is only from about 65-135 IQ's with each value representing about 5 IQ points. An 18 means "anything over 135" and a 3 means "anything below 65".

Albert Einstein apparently had an IQ of around 160.
Richard Feynmann (Nobel Prize in Physics) claims an IQ of 124.
Stephen Hawking's IQ is reported (by Hawking) as: "I actually don't know. People who boast about their IQ are losers"

In practical terms, there really isn't much that a 200 IQ'er can do that a 140 IQ'er can't (or apparently some 124'ers). My thought is that for game purposes, Intelligence from 3-18 maps to all human IQ levels. A character with an Int beyond 18 gets benefits in some other-worldly way. Actual achievement in a given field comes primarily from the Knowledge skill.

If they had a class that gave no benefit to HP, BAB or Saves, you might have these intellectual giants with lots of levels and skill points spent in their chosen fields. As it is, to match their skills, they would become combat virtuosos.

Annarrkkii
2008-01-26, 05:14 PM
Those people from the "high stats are for legendary heroes, you're lucky if your highest stat is 12!!1one" ...

I pride myself on my syntax, and, while I recognize that I frequently slip up, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I would use a 1 for an exclamation point. Or even multiple exclamation points. I do recognize that you mean no more specific insult than "the people who have the thusly punctuated viewpoint are noobs," I'd still prefer being called a noob to being accused of grammatical laxity.

higher stats does not mean that much in DND! Having 14 Int/Str doesn't mean you're 40% smarter/stronger than someone with 10 Int/Str, it means you have a 60% chance of success on an ordinary DC 10 Int/Str check while someone with 10 in that stat has 50% chance. That's only 20% difference.

Valid mathematically. However, were the modifier the only relevant measurement, your stats would only be represented as a modifier. Mechanically, the only difference between 14 and 15 DEX is that the 15 DEX character wins in the case of a tie on DEX-based checks. The modifier represents exactly how much effect your score has, while the score itself represents, well, an ability. If you can bench 250 and someone else can bench 225, there won't be an astonishing difference in the power of your punches, but that's a significant 10% increase in poundage. Of course, poundage doesn't transfer straight to STR, the math on that one would yield something like more of an difference 100 pounds before the modifier increases, which may be a bit extreme.

Oh, and that "int = IQ/10" argument is so ridiculous, and comes out each time, so I'm not going to explain why it's bad this time. Find my last post on it if you're interested, or if you absolutely HAVE TO connect IQ to DND's Int, mroozee did the best work there.

I agree wholeheartedly with you here. I have a problem with the IQ scale in general. The average D+D character has a score of 10 or 11 in INT. 15 INT is half again as high. An increase of 50%. Using the arbitrary and outdated IQ measurement, the average human being has an IQ of 100. A 50% on that yields 150.

In all seriousness and without thinking too high of myself... seeing how ordinary people fail to see the obvious or make simple logical connections, I support that claim, and consider myself around 50% more intelligent than average.

Then feel free to give yourself a 15. I'm not saying nobody on the boards is 50% more intelligent than the average world. For all I know, plenty people on here are. Maybe there are even some 17 and 18s. I just wanted to make sure the people sitting on 18s realize what they are claiming.

Tengu
2008-01-26, 05:48 PM
I pride myself on my syntax, and, while I recognize that I frequently slip up, I don't appreciate the insinuation that I would use a 1 for an exclamation point. Or even multiple exclamation points. I do recognize that you mean no more specific insult than "the people who have the thusly punctuated viewpoint are noobs," I'd still prefer being called a noob to being accused of grammatical laxity.

It wasn't directed specifically at you, you were just unlucky enough to be the last one to make that claim before my post. Oh, and I should probably mention that each time I use 1337, I do it with a pinch of salt. Sorry.

Valid mathematically. However, were the modifier the only relevant measurement, your stats would only be represented as a modifier. Mechanically, the only difference between 14 and 15 DEX is that the 15 DEX character wins in the case of a tie on DEX-based checks. The modifier represents exactly how much effect your score has, while the score itself represents, well, an ability. If you can bench 250 and someone else can bench 225, there won't be an astonishing difference in the power of your punches, but that's a significant 10% increase in poundage. Of course, poundage doesn't transfer straight to STR, the math on that one would yield something like more of an difference 100 pounds before the modifier increases, which may be a bit extreme.

I personally think that assigning modifiers to stats is one of DND's design faults - uneven stats serve no purpose other than qualifying for feats and the potential for upgrade on level-ups. It's still better than AD&D where having dexterity 7 didn't differ from having dexterity 13.
But I digress. I think that the best way of measuring human potential in DND is to assume that 10 means 100%, and each point of difference is (very, very roughly) 5% less or more - therefore, someone with 18 strength is roughly 140% as strong as someone with 10 strength. Well, probably more, the scale goes up significantly faster at the higher curve. If anyone thinks that 40% is a small difference, I invite that person to play any game with numbers.

Then feel free to give yourself a 15. I'm not saying nobody on the boards is 50% more intelligent than the average world. For all I know, plenty people on here are. Maybe there are even some 17 and 18s. I just wanted to make sure the people sitting on 18s realize what they are claiming.

Well, Giant's forums (or most of them at least *eyes the OotS forum*) are generally populated with more intelligent people, so I wouldn't be surprised if the average intelligence of participants would be around 12-13, not 10.

Corinthus
2008-01-26, 05:49 PM
So, think i probably stat out like this:
STR:8 (Weak, but not particulary so)
CON: 10 (Never seriously ill, but get the occaisonal cold)
DEX: 13-14 (pretty good reflexes and such)
WIS: 8 (lacking common sense)
CHA: 10
INT is hard to call. By the various scales used elsewhere in the thread, i could be anywhere from 14 to 18 (Straight A's at A-level, studying Physics at Cambridge)

Class: 1st level Student (abilities include 'pull an all-nighter' and 'party')
Skills: Perform(Dungeon Master), Knowledge (Physics), Ride (bike), and craft(essay)

Toxic Avenger
2008-01-26, 06:01 PM
A strenght score of 8 means you can carry 52 pounds as a light load. This means it won't decrease your speed. Not at all. Zero. You'd be just as fast as running with no load at all.No, that is only correct for a large bipedal creature. A light load for a human with a Strength of 8 is only 26 pounds or less. 52 pounds wouldn't even be a light load for a human character with a Strength of 13!
It also means you can carry up to 160 pound with only a 33% reduction in speed. While wearing a heavy medieval armor.Nope. Once again, that is only true for a large bidpedal creature with a Strength of 8, and such a load would be too much for a human with a Strength of 13.
How many of you can do that...?I can't, but only because I don't have a suit of medieval armor. :smalltongue: However, I do know that I can carry at least 220 pounds on my back with only a moderate loss of speed. One of the exercises that I had to do during wrestling practice (both at college and high-school) was to carry someone piggyback while walking/jogging/running. Also, I've only grown stronger since then...
Going by this, I'd wager that easily more than 95% of this forums population have a strenght score way below 8.95% way below 8? I'll take that bet. Thank you very much; I accept Visa and Mastercard. :smalltongue:
Maybe it would REALLY be a better idea to see 10 as "average in our times*", than going strictly by D&D rules? Just a suggestion.Tengu has already mentioned this, but d20 Modern rules are much more appropriate for statting modern people. For those who don't know, the d20 Modern system assumes that the average stat is about 12.

Think about it for a moment; people in modern industrialized nations are generally (I'm not counting people who live only on fast food here - larger, stronger, healthier, and smarter than medieval people.
*I.e. for STR&DEX:
7 and below-> some medical condition
8-> below average
10-> average
12-> above average
14-> regular training
16-> exceptional athlete
18 and above-> olympian levelThe world record deadlift (weight lifted off the ground to waist level) is just over 1,000 pounds, and the world record for the clean and jerk (lifted from the ground to overhead) is in the neighborhood of 580 pounds. Looking at the appropriate table, the two records approach Strength scores of 22 and 23, respectively.

As for myself, I can lift 650 pounds off the ground, and I can lift 325 pounds over my head. According to the table, that puts my Strength solidly at 18. If my schedule would allow me into the weight room more often, I could bring that Strength up to 19 in a few months. Yet, I am hardly Olympic material. Not even close.

Draw your own conclusions...

Talya
2008-01-26, 06:30 PM
Ah, well then. I suppose in real life I'm Pun-pun.

horseboy
2008-01-26, 07:09 PM
Human male Ranger
Str: 14 I am the guy people call to move furniture.
Con: 12 Haven't been to a Dr. in 11 years, because I don't need them.
Dex: 9 Yeah, no hand/eye corrodination
Int: 15 Nominated into Who's who geometry/trig/math annalysis. Scored in the top 2% of the nation for scientific reason on my ACT's.
Wis: 14 All too often I am the sole voice of competency in a sea of ignorance.
Cha: I'd say 10, but am going to go with 11, just to make it a full 28 pt buy. :smallwink:

Feats: Track, TWF, Endurance, Negotiator, Weapon Focus (Long rifle), Well Read. Favored enemy:Cervines, vermin.

Skills Mod/ranks
Craft Painting 5/2, Craft Cooking 7/4, Craft Writing 6/3, Diplomacy 3/1, Forgery 4/1, Handle Animal 3/3, Heal 4/2, Hide 2/3, Knowledge Arcana 5/2, Knowledge Geography 5/2, Knowledge History 5/2, Knowledge Local Missouri 4/1, Knowledge Local B'more 4/1, Knowledge Monster 6/3, Knowledge Nauture 6/3, Knowledge Psionics 4/1, Knowledge Religion 6/3, Listen 6/4, Move Silently 2/3, Profession Plumber 5/3, Profession Laborer 3/1, Profession Salesman 4/2, Psicraft 4/1, Ride 2/3, Search 7/4, Sense Motive 4/0, Spellcraft 4/1, Spot 6/4, Survival 5/3, Swim 5/3, Use Rope 0/1 Crap, I hit level 5 and still haven't gotten to computer skills or driving, even with a +1 Int. Well, time to switch systems.

Body: 4 Combat pool: 6
Str: 4 RX: 3 +1d6
Quickness: 2
Int: 5
Wil: 2
Cha: 4

Firearms 2/Rifle 4/Shotgun4, Melee weapons 3, Unarmed Combat 1/Grappling3, Computer 3, Computer B/R 5, Etiquette Tribal 2, Etiquette Street 1, Magical Theory 4, Negotiations 3, Observation 3, Stealth 3, Drive 3, Forgery 2, Medtech 1/1st Aid 4, Military History 2, Biology 4, Chemistry 3, Demolitions 1, Atheletics 1/Swim 4, Survival 3, Electronics b/r 2, Plumbing b/r 4, Geography 3, Ride 3, Literature 3, Etymology 2, English 6, German 1, Lakota 1, Japanese 1, Trivia 6. Draw 2, Write 4, Cook 6, That's all I could think of off the top of my head without my book. I'm really going to have to focus on a few skills someday.

horseboy
2008-01-26, 08:25 PM
Think about it for a moment; people in modern industrialized nations are generally (I'm not counting people who live only on fast food here - larger, stronger, healthier, and smarter than medieval people
I'm going to have to disagree with two of those assertions. Yes, thanks to modern hygiene people are healthier than they used to be. Yes, they have grown taller, but no the average person is not stronger. If you deal with people that physically work every day, like iron workers, or someone that still chops cotton by hand then yes, they could conceivably be stronger than a peasant thanks to longer limbs granting a leverage bonus. But the average person really only "works out" at best. He doesn't physically work as hard as the average midevil peasant would, and therefore he would be weaker.

Likewise, while the available pool of knowledge available to humanity is greater than it was, the amount of knowledge known to individuals hasn't changed. Most technology works on a "black box" principle. Go up to someone and ask them how their cell phone works. They don't know. To them it's a magic wand that allows them to talk to people far away. You mention "TDMA, CDMA," or even "GSM" and they'll just stare blankly. Likewise, when was the last time you know someone under the age of oh, 50+ that baked a cake from scratch? If it's one thing over 7 years in retail has taught me is that the average modern person is just as ignorant, fearful and superstitious as a midevil peasant.

Raistlin1040
2008-01-26, 09:17 PM
Human Bard 1

STR 12 (I'm strong, but I'm no Heracles)
DEX 12 (I've got good hand-eye coordination, but other than that, probably average)
CON 10
INT 12-13 (When compared to average adults) 14-15 (When compared to average people my age)
WIS 8 (Teenager)
CHA 14 (I'm captain of my school's academic trivia team, and do a lot of team-related things.)

EvilElitest
2008-01-26, 09:21 PM
Ah, well then. I suppose in real life I'm Pun-pun.

I could see that mistress

Can i be the general for your Pun Pun empire
you are an evil evil lady
oh for the record, what would the Chrisma of Tallyrand be? My theory

ITS OVER 9,000
from
EE

Mephisto
2008-01-26, 09:35 PM
CN Human Expert

13 Strength: I rock-climb frequently and exercise occasionally
12 Dexterity: I fence, and I'm pretty flexible
12 Constitution: I rarely fall sick, and my endurance in running and such is decent.
15 Intelligence: I'm very quick at learning new skills and knowledge.
8 Wisdom: Perception? What? I have sharp senses, but I'm really terribly oblivious to pretty much everything going on around me. I also fail at sense motive, taking most stuff at face value.
7 Charisma: I am also not at all assertive and can't lie to save my life. I also lack in self-confidence. :smalleek:

Picked skills: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot

SurlySeraph
2008-01-26, 09:40 PM
My sheet (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7877).

I violated the rules a bit: I didn't give myself the Aristocrat's base Will save bonus (because I'm pretty weak-willed), but I took Improved Grapple without meeting the prerequisites. The end result is more representative of me.

I was considering giving myself Cold Resistance 1, but decided that I maybe I've just gotten lucky on all my Fortitude saves vs. cold thus far; since I've never been attacked with liquid nitrogen or something similar, I can't say I have cold resistance in combat.

For those who don't feel like reading through a character sheet:

Strength: 13 (the lifting numbers look about right; I'm in shape because it's wrestling season)
Dexterity: 12 (I have very good reflexes and balance, but mediocre hand-eye coordination which brings it down a bit)
Constitution: 10 (nothing special)
Intelligence: 15 (Straight As, 2400 on the SAT, etc.)
Wisdom: 10 (I'm philosophically inclined, but rather weak-willed and I often have a distinct lack of common sense. Also, ADHD.)
Charisma: 9 (I'm personally unpleasant, though not hideously so)

I put myself as an Level 1 Aristocrat. Commoner doesn't have the right class skills, I can't think of myself as an Expert since I'm still in high school and not a specialist in anything, and I go to an elite and pretentious private school. I'm still in high school and I haven't had any life-threatening experiences in which to gain XP, so I can't be above level 1.

Feats:
Improved Grapple, even though I don't meet the prerequisites. I don't think I've quite earned the +4 bonus it gives, but I needed something to represent my skill at wrestling.
Agile (+2 to Balance and Escape Artist). Definitely accurate.

ashmanonar
2008-01-26, 11:33 PM
Let's see...

Human, Level 1 commoner, Level 4 expert (with ranks in Craft (Graphic Design)), Level ~3 monk (black belt in karate and all)

STR: 12, maybe 14? Depends on what shape i'm in. I can lift stuff.
DEX: 12, maybe 14. I play dodgeball every week, and I can do some pretty cool dodges.
CON: 12/13. I don't get sick too often. I do get bruised up all the time though.
INT: 12ish. I can retain a ton of irrelevant data in my head. Doesn't always turn into common sense though.
WIS: 10/11. I'm not the most observant.
CHA: 10. Lookieme, I'm average-looking!

SilentNight
2008-01-26, 11:35 PM
I just finished watching the movie so I was inspired to do this.

Ferris Bueller
CG Human male expert 2
11Str
12Dex
10Con(sickdays have to be a little feaseable(spelling?)
13Int
13Wis
16Cha

Feats:anything luck-related

Skills: Bluff max ranks, Diplomacy max ranks, Knowledge(various).

Felizginato12
2008-01-26, 11:46 PM
*insert scathing poltical commentary here*

Umm...how about Bush sucks??

OH WOWZ IMA JUMPING ON THE BASH BUSH BANDWAGON??!!?!

Don't like Bush one bit but i'm not about to repeat what has been said a million times about him.

But I do think it is kinda funny that someone moved out of the US because of Bush (at least that is what was implied by SIlentnight but i'm positive there are other reasons).

Anyways...

Fredy Mercury

Level 20 Bard

STR: 12
DEX: 12
CON: 13
WIS: 12
INT: 12
CHA: 1010010101010101010101010010101010100101 (trust me, you can't be Mercury in this situation. Hell, he could make the pope question his sexual preference.)

SilentNight
2008-01-26, 11:52 PM

Don't like Bush one bit but i'm not about to repeat what has been said a million times about him.

But I do think it is kinda funny that someone moved out of the US because of Bush (at least that is what was implied by SIlentnight but i'm positive there are other reasons).

First statement I agree with. Secondly though I didn't actually move. You obviously aren't from California. The bay area where I live ( land surrounding San Fransisco) Is home to Berekely the next town down from mine. Berekely is probably one of the most Liberal cities around and most people there probably don't like Bush either. I just don't find pride in being an American at the moment and I doubt I will in the near future. Heck when I travel I tell people I'm Canadian.

EvilElitest
2008-01-26, 11:59 PM

Anyways...

Fredy Mercury

Level 20 Bard

STR: 12
DEX: 12
CON: 13
WIS: 12
INT: 12
CHA: 1010010101010101010101010010101010100101 (trust me, you can't be Mercury in this situation. Hell, he could make the pope question his sexual preference.)
wow, i thought the rules were kinda clear under the "We shall not talk about politics. I'm really tempted to go into a rant that will BLOW YOUR MINDS so please don't do this, for my sake
from
EE

Felizginato12
2008-01-27, 01:51 AM
Mind=already blown.

Mi Lips is sealed.

BloodyAngel
2008-01-27, 02:38 AM
Not to shoot down an otherwise... still kind of pointless thread... but I highly doubt that self-made stats are correct. I've noticed that nearly everyone on the list seems to have above average intelligence. Sometimes by a lot. This thread seems to be more a "What do the people on this forum like to think they're better at" list. Most people like to think that they're smart. I'm no differant... but the law of averages suggests that not ALL of us can be above average. Odds are, most of us are sitting on a bunch of 10's. Or maybe... just maybe.... the D&D stat system isn't terribly realistic... what with it's mere 4 points worth of difference between average and human perfection.

Grynning
2008-01-27, 05:04 AM
I personally enjoy "stat yourself" exercises as a personal challenge. One, because it makes me engage in some honest self-reflection, and two, because I'm a rules-lawyer and love playing with every system I pick up. Also, it's handy because for some reason a lot of GMs that I know have been on this weird kick to run "Play as yourself in (insert fantastical situation)!" games lately.
I have character sheets for myself in D&D 3.5, Mutants and Masterminds, D20 Modern (all d20 based, sure, but enough of a difference to keep different sheets, especially since M&M is point based and non-linear), WoD, Palladium, and even the old West End Star Wars d6 system (somewhere).
We also did this at work for a while, passing around e-mails with our results on various quizzes. The day we did alignments was really funny, we thought it was hilarious when our boss turned out to be Chaotic Neutral and the quietest guy on our shift got Neutral Evil.

theMycon
2008-01-27, 05:17 AM
An ability score of 22-24 is the upper limit for humans. This can be calculated by taking world record strength demonstrations and comparing them to how D&D calculates Strength score via physical lifting capacities.

This would mean someone who could lift over head (plausible for a few seconds) 520-700 pounds - however, these have only been done with those special-made muscle shirts that are hundreds of dollars apiece- having tried one, dated a guy who has a collection, talked to folk in the cliques who use them regularly, top-of-the-line models are roughly equivalent to a Belt of Giant Strength +4 (maybe 5)*- again, for a few seconds (less than 1 round), about a dozen times in an hour before you have to rest for fear of seriously hurting yourself.

Also, carrying 520-700 lbs without special equipment is probably humanly impossible without some mutation. Our bones are built to take about twice our weight (as in, carrying your own) before you take joint damage. And lifting-but-staggering with 1040-1400 lbs... yeah, insane. I'd put 18 as the realistic limit for someone not wearing special equipment.

Anyway, my own stats...

For D20 modern, I see "personality, with all the talents" and think they're making a more plausible me.
For DnD, Aristocrat 1(2)?
Int- 8 (My memory's good, but I think slow and have a lot of weird gaps in knowledge)
Wis- 14 (I'm calm, perceptive, and have intuition that many people consider "never wrong"- they even listen to advice when it's not what they want to hear- but I'm legally insane)
Cha- 14 (People drool over me, I only pay for drinks when I'm with a group, I can ask anyone for a favor and 80% of them will do it without a second thought [including a federal judge, once], but about 5-10% will become immensely hostile the moment I open my mouth, even if I don't say anything.)
Dex- 6 (I'm capable of some tricks, but clumsy as hell)
Str- 14 or 15 (by PHB stats- ex-Rugby player, easily 2 or 3 times as strong as my roommates)
Con- 10 (never get sick, hungry, or tired, but I get migranes and joint pain all the damn time)

Skills- Bluff, profession (chef), profession (mathematician), knowledge (practical pharmacology)

* this interests me. What other wondrous items do we have? Coke improves focus immensely for about 15 minutes...

EvilElitest
2008-01-27, 10:24 AM
Mind=already blown.

Mi Lips is sealed.

Nicely done we will all live in relative happyness now eh?
from
EE

mroozee
2008-01-27, 12:21 PM
Anyway, my own stats...

Int- 8 (My memory's good, but I think slow and have a lot of weird gaps in knowledge)
Wis- 14 (I'm calm, perceptive, and have intuition that many people consider "never wrong"- they even listen to advice when it's not what they want to hear- but I'm legally insane)
Cha- 14 (People drool over me, I only pay for drinks when I'm with a group, I can ask anyone for a favor and 80% of them will do it without a second thought [including a federal judge, once], but about 5-10% will become immensely hostile the moment I open my mouth, even if I don't say anything.)
Dex- 6 (I'm capable of some tricks, but clumsy as hell)
Str- 14 or 15 (by PHB stats- ex-Rugby player, easily 2 or 3 times as strong as my roommates)
Con- 10 (never get sick, hungry, or tired, but I get migranes and joint pain all the damn time)

Skills- Bluff, profession (chef), profession (mathematician), knowledge (practical pharmacology)

You are one seriously mixed up character! I have never met a professional mathematician whose highest stat WAS NOT Int and not at least 12. But aside from a seriously bad Dex, Int was your dump stat! You have three 14+ stats including a Strength that is almost double your Int. Min-max a little!

Drascin
2008-01-27, 12:46 PM
Well, I think I'd look something like...

Human Expert 2

Str 7. I'm very weak when it comes to lifting or moving things. the fact that I seem to have mental blocks against exertion doesn't help things.
Dex -1. No seriously, I make a gelatinous cube look coordinated and agile, and my flexibility would be best compared to that of an iron golem.
Con 12. Despite my lack of muscle mass and my sensitivity to pain, I have proven suprisingly resilient, and I have a track record of only falling ill due to bad food and such - and even then, it's rarely more than a little bit of vomiting, and then I'm new.
Int 11. I'm slightly avobe the average, but I'm still pretty dumb, and despite what people around me insist on saying, my logical abilities suck. The only reason I tend to be always right is because of my...
Wis 14. But with the inattentive defect, I'm afraid. But, if I'm paying attention to something, my instincts almost never fail me, and I am usually the one noticing the little details that damn everything. This makes me horrible as a coder, but amazing as a proofreader for my group :smalltongue: .
Cha 5. I positively have a black aura that scares people away or makes them uncomfortable. And some animals too - cats seem specially sensitive to it. This is why I prefer knowing people online before meeting them in person - so they get to know me witout the aura's influence :smalltongue:

My skills are Knowledge (geek), Knowledge (games), Knowledge (electronics), and Diplomacy (which I learned to offset that horrible Cha penalty).

theMycon
2008-01-27, 02:57 PM
You are one seriously mixed up character! I have never met a professional mathematician whose highest stat WAS NOT Int and not at least 12. But aside from a seriously bad Dex, Int was your dump stat! You have three 14+ stats including a Strength that is almost double your Int. Min-max a little!

Int is an example of how I think DnD models specialized intelligences.

Like I said- my memory's good, but I think slow- I'm actually employed as an actuary & I've TA'd in Number Theory & Graph Theory, but if you get me outside math or cooking, I'll look like a moron- so I figure it averages to slightly below average. But, then I put profession in my talents because I can casually do many math & kitchen wizardry most people boggle at.

The high ones I based around my strength- since it gives statistics for that in the book- "I'm about as much prettier and more able to manipulate than average, as compared to my strength." My Wis is probably a bit high, but I wanted to express how most people think I'm a genius when they see me in person, though that's more a function of my Cha. I'd knock it down to 11-12, now.

Job
2008-01-29, 03:03 AM
Oh why not,

Str: 14 (clean 175, lift 350 no problem)
Dex: 11 (done a little "free-running")
Con: 10 (meh)
Int: 13 (Mechanical Engineering student)
Wis: 8 ("did i just miss the turn again?")
cha:11 (Very nice to meet you)

Point Buy: 19

d20 Modern:
1 smart/1 strong

Unscrewed
2008-01-29, 12:05 PM
Being 5'11'' and weighing only 130 pounds means I don't have a lot of physical strength.

Dex: 11?
(I'm good with my fingers, but lousy otherwise)

Con: 12
(I'm no paragon of toughness, but I rarely get sick and can take a beating. I also have a freakishly high pain tolerance.)

Int: 14
(I grasp complicated concepts easily, get in high level classes, and have a good head for numbers.)

Wis: 9
(I'm kind of oblivious. Combined with my high pain tolerance, this leads to mildly humorous moments where I don't notice various bruises/cuts/scrapes until other people point them out, then have no idea how I got them)

Cha: 10
(I am not comfortable is social situations, nor am I good at them. Luckily, my social incompetence often comes as (unintentionally) hilarious, and I'm polite by habit, so I break even.)

Traits: Skinny (I bounce off other kids. Literally)
Absent-minded (I get lost in thought a lot)