PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts

Icewalker
2008-01-25, 10:54 PM
Fun games, I got inspired to replay the second one (mmmm, Drives...) and am now doing so. I recently tried to do something I had never really gotten into: the gummi ship editor. And I discovered that it is quite easy to make ridiculously overpowered ships. I made the Taurus 1.0, which practically amounts to a flying wall covered in guns. It is awesome. It just annihilates everything with no difficulty. Through minor modifications it has made it to the Taurus 1.1 now. After I realized that the engines were actually inside the ship, not on the back. :smallredface:

Rutee
2008-01-25, 10:57 PM
Hehehe. Yeah, I just wish the Gummi Ship segments took some inspiration from Bullet Hell shooters, or had a Bullet Hell option somewhere on there, as one may glean from my avatar. Had tons of fun on those just the same though; They're not hard, but they're entertaining!

Out of vague curiosity (I don't think I'll be playing the game again), did you ever find a convenient place to level Final Form? It seemed like only The World That Never Was spawns Nobodies in anything approaching enough numbers...

Icewalker
2008-01-25, 11:07 PM
Yeah, that was where I would level it.

For every other form, the best place is totally Agrabah. In the main area, you can go into a form and clear out like 10 heartless spawn points, go back into the merchant shop, leave and reland (reset drive bars), and do it again.

The Sephiroth fight in KHII is definitely easier than it was in the first one. Good times, Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts (I). He was hard. Remember enemies with a green bar, then a yellow bar, then orange, etc? Sephiroth had green, yellow, orange, red, purple, then at least one (possibly two) invisible bars over the purple one. And an attack which drained your hp to infinitesimal and your mana to 0 so you couldn't heal.

Green and Red
2008-01-25, 11:09 PM
Out of vague curiosity (I don't think I'll be playing the game again), did you ever find a convenient place to level Final Form? It seemed like only The World That Never Was spawns Nobodies in anything approaching enough numbers...

I have nothing to do so im gonna answer that, kay?

You can level fianl form good in the tower in twilight town, it contains a lot of nobodies, and also a savepoint (for the purpose of leaving the world before your form runs out, so your drivebar is set back to full) Else try naughts skyway in TWTNW, massive amounts of weak creepers, and a savepoint not too far away
(either twilights view or prrof of existence)

(on a sidenote, do you think i played to much KH when i know the names of the rooms in TWTNW off by heart?)

As for the topic, im not too deep into gummi ships, but i may on my next playtrough... did you defeat the gumiship "boss"? (X-something, appears at the end of level 3 of assault of the dreadnought)

Icewalker
2008-01-26, 02:50 AM
Don't remember. Beat it a long time ago. I bet I will with my new Taurus wall of guns though. (I'm actually going to make a second ship, named 'Wall of Guns' which is going to consist of only weapon gummies. I'm pretty sure that is possible.)

Hehe, anyone else remember the part where you single-handedly take down an entire freaking army? And not in a 'ooh cutscene uber death attack' kind of deal, but actually in game? Good stuff.

Jibar
2008-01-26, 02:53 AM

For every other form, the best place is totally Agrabah. In the main area, you can go into a form and clear out like 10 heartless spawn points, go back into the merchant shop, leave and reland (reset drive bars), and do it again.

The Sephiroth fight in KHII is definitely easier than it was in the first one. Good times, Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts (I). He was hard. Remember enemies with a green bar, then a yellow bar, then orange, etc? Sephiroth had green, yellow, orange, red, purple, then at least one (possibly two) invisible bars over the purple one. And an attack which drained your hp to infinitesimal and your mana to 0 so you couldn't heal.

Nah, if you wanna level Wisdom Form, go World That Never Was.
That first area just outside the save point is perfect. Tons of weak heartless to give lots of Wisdom XP.

And Sephiroth, in both games, remains the only boss I haven't beat.
I was sifting through videos online once, and found some cheap little so n' so with Final Mix (damn you Japanese), defeat Sephy in 30 minutes, never even coming close to death.
I almost screamed at him.
Of course you can beat Sephy. You got Leaf Bracer. You got Slide Dash. Come on, be hardcore, actually get hit whenever you try to heal.

The only thing that's annoying me about the series is 358/2 Days will be on the DS, but Birth by Sleep will be on the PSP, which I don't have. And Birth by Sleep is gonna have all the proper background and stuff relating to the Secret Movie.
Plus, it is becoming growingly evident that my next Kingdom Hearts will be on the PS3.
I may be forced to turn to the Dak Side.

Icewalker
2008-01-26, 03:16 AM
There may be quite a delay on KHIII...the developers/producers of Kingdom Hearts are making Final Fantasy XIII vs., which is going to be awesome. And on PS3. The gameplay will be similar to Kingdom Hearts, except apparently they got tired of the game being so childish, so FF13vs is going to be really dark. Also, the dude has invisible flying swords.

...Sora is such a pansy :smallbiggrin: . Although, as suggested by DiZ, mixing with Roxas helped a bit.

Yuki Akuma
2008-01-26, 07:10 AM
...Sora is such a pansy :smallbiggrin: . Although, as suggested by DiZ, mixing with Roxas helped a bit.

He is a pansy who, at one point, has managed to use three keyblades at once.

Now you can't possibly tell me that isn't completely awesome.

Jibar
2008-01-26, 07:17 AM
My memory must be failing me.
At what point did Sora use 3 Keyblades?
Although, agreed, that is some serious hardcore...ness.

Yuki Akuma
2008-01-26, 09:12 AM
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix. In the battle with Roxas, you can steal his Keyblades.

It is totally awesome.

Jibar
2008-01-26, 10:00 AM
I had never seen that full fight before.
Wow. That is pretty hardcore. Both for Roxas finally using his element, and for Sora going all at it.
What happened to Vexen though? Why give him the sucky voice?
And upon further watching of Final Mix videos, I feel I should congratulate the designers on somehow making Marluxia a badass, despite him being a big girl.

Icewalker
2008-01-26, 11:41 AM
Damn, I hate this part. Took me forever before, and I think on proud mode the guy has more health. Remember the part in Port Royal where you have to kill those four nobodies, the gamblers, who stole the coins? And there is one at the entrance to the Isla De Muerta, who is pretty far from the side you get in, and you have 7 seconds to kill him?

Artanis
2008-01-26, 01:36 PM
The gummi ship was my favorite part of both games. Make a really cool-looking ship, stick a ridiculous number of guns on it, and go blow stuff up.

Good times :smallbiggrin:

Hehe, anyone else remember the part where you single-handedly take down an entire freaking army? And not in a 'ooh cutscene uber death attack' kind of deal, but actually in game? Good stuff.
I remember that, and it started downright awesome, but then it got kinda...disappointing when I realized that I was only fighting three or four at a time while the other 96 stood around doing nothing, and that I could mash the triangle button to take out a dozen at a time with total impunity :smallfrown:

Jibar
2008-01-26, 01:43 PM
Actually, they don't stand and do nothing. You're usually just moving too fast for them to hit.
I made a save just before so I could go back and try doing it without action commands. It becomes very obvious that all 20 that can reached you through the crowds are trying to kill you, and it takes on an enjoyable level of challange. You'll get hit enough to risk death, yet never hard enough so you'll suddenly drop dead without realising.
One of my favourite sequences in gaming so far, especially for that kick ass cutscene before.

Artanis
2008-01-26, 01:47 PM
Actually, they don't stand and do nothing. You're usually just moving too fast for them to hit.
I made a save just before so I could go back and try doing it without action commands. It becomes very obvious that all 20 that can reached you through the crowds are trying to kill you, and it takes on an enjoyable level of challange. You'll get hit enough to risk death, yet never hard enough so you'll suddenly drop dead without realising.
One of my favourite sequences in gaming so far, especially for that kick ass cutscene before.
If you say so. I just remember seeing some of them coming for me - and subsequently getting smacked with a Keyblade - and the rest just kinda standing there until it was their "turn".

SilentNight
2008-01-26, 04:14 PM

No for master form the Land of dragons is the best place. Go to the snow village and head north. There are two or three carts that give drive orbs. Blow them up with firaga, collect, run off screen, rinse and repeat. It's possibe to go from 3-9 using this method.

Sephiroth was pretty hard in both games but I actually thought it was harder in the first game. Mostly because it was easier to stop his insta-kill move. In the second though all you have to do is spam trinity limit.

Green and Red
2008-01-26, 05:31 PM
For wisdom form, timeless river might be even better than TWTNW. In the windows are loads of weak heartless, and the door back to disney castle has the same effect as leaving the world at a savepoint

Icewalker
2008-01-26, 10:53 PM
For the 1000 heartless fight, I tried to do parts of it without the reaction commands, but when surrounded you can't get through a full combo without someone interrupting it. Now that would be a good location for wisdom form leveling. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I suppose killing those carts and fireworks would work, but it totally isn't as fun as shredding waves of heartless in Agrabah.