PDA

View Full Version : So.. life kinda sucks right now

Setra
2008-01-26, 07:06 AM
I'll elaborate.

First off, recently I got a loan for a car, $1000, yeah it was supposed to be a cheapy one.

Second off, I didn't trust myself with the money so I gave it to my mother to hold.

Third off, my mother, sister, and I, went to the YMCA (They have a pool). Mother left her purse in the locker, all fine and dandy, had a lock on it.

Fourth off, Sister got out of pool, took lock off locker, went to get dressed, came back and put the lock on the wrong locker

Fifth off, The purse was stolen, with the thousand dollars in it

I just felt like sharing that, it helps me vent my frustration :smallsigh:

This happened a few days ago.

So now I owe $1000 with nothing to show for it. Though saying Life Sucks is an exaggeration, it still sucks. Also, a cat is biting my face right now.

Miraqariftsky
2008-01-26, 07:14 AM
I've been there... somewhat... and methinks can safely say to you that you have to relax. Money is just money--- it can always be earned back. Be thankful it wasn't the sort of mishap where somebody got ailed or injured.

Ossian
2008-01-26, 07:17 AM
I'll elaborate.

First off, recently I got a loan for a car, $1000, yeah it was supposed to be a cheapy one.

Second off, I didn't trust myself with the money so I gave it to my mother to hold.

Third off, my mother, sister, and I, went to the YMCA (They have a pool). Mother left her purse in the locker, all fine and dandy, had a lock on it.

Fourth off, Sister got out of pool, took lock off locker, went to get dressed, came back and put the lock on the wrong locker

Fifth off, The purse was stolen, with the thousand dollars in it

I just felt like sharing that, it helps me vent my frustration :smallsigh:

This happened a few days ago.

So now I owe $1000 with nothing to show for it. Though saying Life Sucks is an exaggeration, it still sucks. Also, a cat is biting my face right now.

Ouch! That stinks.....Sorry Setra. I'd be cursing (with a specific Roman-Catholic repertoire) for weeks on end if that had happened to me. Glad you manage to take that hit with some sense of humor though. I guess you just have to stand up, dust off, and continue running.

O.

Mordokai
2008-01-26, 07:21 AM
I'll agree with Nexus on this one. While thousand dollars is quite a sum it can still be replaced. It would be far more disturbing if somebody stole that money from you or your mother in the street and gave a good beating on side.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-01-26, 07:33 AM
Shouldnt this be in the Depression thread?

Leper_Kahn
2008-01-26, 11:39 AM

There's a simple answer...

Beat your sister up. Believe me i use it all the time. It really helps. Sometimes I use it when she isn't even involved. Really, I think it would do you some good. :smallbiggrin:

I'm just kidding! GOSH! You think I'd actually do that?!

Lady Tialait
2008-01-26, 12:40 PM
owchies, I wouldn't freak on this kinda thing, my husband on the other hand...would panic, while i found a way to get the money back....he would probbly need about a week of sleep....i'd need about a week to get the money back....see..i'm in a good relationship..he makes plan A...and I have plan B...

North
2008-01-26, 12:51 PM
Ouch. Well at least you now have something you can always hold over your sisters head.

TRM
2008-01-26, 07:50 PM
Please don't follow the other posters advice and beat your sister up. Contrary to popular opinion, the temporary relief gained from inflicting physical violence on siblings is usually outweighed by the long-term penalties.
I'm kidding. I'm kidding!
In all seriousness, that really sucks. 1000 bucks is a painful sum to lose; this is especially true when you had big plans for it (like getting a car).

Metal Head
2008-01-26, 08:00 PM
There's a simple answer...

Beat your sister up. Believe me i use it all the time. It really helps. Sometimes I use it when she isn't even involved. Really, I think it would do you some good. :smallbiggrin:

I'm just kidding! GOSH! You think I'd actually do that?!

Why not? I beet up my sister all the time. Keeps me happy. Although buying all those beets from the supermarket costs a hell of a lot of money.

Setra
2008-01-27, 09:57 AM
Seems like they took the money and left the purse in a truck (someone called and said he had the purse)

-.-

The biggest annoyance is we KNOW who did it but we can't PROVE it, and they're gonna get away with it (Sure they're on camera but they also have a large bag they came in and left with)

Anyone know how to get away with murder? :smallmad: :smallsigh:

I hate the Justice system.

On the positive side I'm so addicted to WoW right now I can forget all depression/stress while playing it.. for hours....and hours...

Pyro
2008-01-27, 10:10 AM
Ouch...That really sucks.

Hopefully your family will help you make it up, because otherwise that would suck even more.

TRM
2008-01-27, 10:47 AM
Pretend they're your sister and go beat them up.

Gem Flower
2008-01-27, 10:56 AM
Really? Yell. Yell your head off and pretty much just explode. You will feel so much better.

Setra
2008-01-29, 09:05 AM
Humans are little ****s and I hate them.

The guy who called and said he had the purse was lying his ****ing ass off, tricked my mother into sending him money, then was never heard from again.

Then some other **** calls and basically tries to say they have the purse and it still has the money in it and they'll give it back in exchange for phone sex(with my mother).

DAMNED ****ING BASTARDS! I'LL KILL THEM ALL! HAVE THEY NO ****ING SYMPATHY FOR SOMEONE WHO HAD BEEN STOLEN FROM? I'LL KILL ALL OF THOSE ****ING ******* ****ERS!!!!

Jagg
2008-01-29, 05:58 PM
Humans are little ****s and I hate them.

The guy who called and said he had the purse was lying his ****ing ass off, tricked my mother into sending him money, then was never heard from again.

Then some other **** calls and basically tries to say they have the purse and it still has the money in it and they'll give it back in exchange for phone sex(with my mother).

DAMNED ****ING BASTARDS! I'LL KILL THEM ALL! HAVE THEY NO ****ING SYMPATHY FOR SOMEONE WHO HAD BEEN STOLEN FROM? I'LL KILL ALL OF THOSE ****ING ******* ****ERS!!!!

Setra,

1) You need to vent some frustrations. Go grab a pillow or other soft object (not your sister) and pound it until you are no longer immediately angry. You will then have a cool head and be able to think logically about what you are going to do.

2) Telephone companies keep records of all calls. You already have one of the numbers involved in the harrassing and likely criminal phone call. Congratulations you now have something you can use against this individual.

3) How did (lets think of a good name for this guy....how about tool?) the TOOL know details? How did he know that your mother's purse had been stolen? How did he get your phone number? What address did he give for money to be sent (That was..um..not a well thought out idea btw). What details did he provide that the fraud squad can use to locate and prosecute him?

4) My immediate feeling is that the TOOL is in someway connected to the offence.

5) I'd contact the police with this information. When you speak to them (and I would do this in person and file a report there and then) you need to be calm (because there is no point getting angry and frustrated at the police), present your statement clearly and show them any evidence that you have, (loan documents, statement from your mother that she was holding the funds in her purse). Be polite (because you will engender a helpful attitude from them). People WANT to help polite nice young men who have been ripped off. People DON'T WANT to help annoying, aggresive angry people even if they are victims.

Setra
2008-01-30, 01:12 AM
Setra,

1) You need to vent some frustrations. Go grab a pillow or other soft object (not your sister) and pound it until you are no longer immediately angry. You will then have a cool head and be able to think logically about what you are going to do.Yelling on the forum is partly how I vent, I'm calmer in real life than I seem on here.

2) Telephone companies keep records of all calls. You already have one of the numbers involved in the harrassing and likely criminal phone call. Congratulations you now have something you can use against this individual.Including Cellphone calls? Either way my mother told the detective about them both

3) How did (lets think of a good name for this guy....how about tool?) the TOOL know details? How did he know that your mother's purse had been stolen? How did he get your phone number? What address did he give for money to be sent (That was..um..not a well thought out idea btw). What details did he provide that the fraud squad can use to locate and prosecute him?My mother put an ad in the paper with too many details. She sent the money via western union to some other western union.

She has his name but it may not even be his real name, also a cell number that says it's unavailable half the time.

4) My immediate feeling is that the TOOL is in someway connected to the offence. I find it unlikely

5) I'd contact the police with this information. When you speak to them (and I would do this in person and file a report there and then) you need to be calm (because there is no point getting angry and frustrated at the police), present your statement clearly and show them any evidence that you have, (loan documents, statement from your mother that she was holding the funds in her purse). Be polite (because you will engender a helpful attitude from them). People WANT to help polite nice young men who have been ripped off. People DON'T WANT to help annoying, aggresive angry people even if they are victims.As I said earlier, I'm only yelling in the forums to help myself vent, I am otherwise trying to be as calm and collected as possible.

Warlord
2008-01-31, 01:45 AM
My sympathy goes with you, Setra. This is indeed a sucky situation to be in.

With all the various colorful suggestions made by the other posters on how to deal with anger management issues, I'll just let you decide what works best for you. :smallsmile: Personally, I'll just beat up some mobs in WOW or chill with some friends. It really helps to get it off your chest - more so in person than via a text-based vent.

Nexus probably best said it - keep a positive frame of mind. Yes, a small setback, but nobody got hurt and your home didn't get burned down. Hard to be thankful I'm sure, but count your blessings and in future find better ways to secure your cash, like in the bank and withdraw it electronically when it's needed, for example.

Also, you've got some seriously disturbed people around you to make things worse. Stay clear of them, because such malice can be infectious. The next thing you know, you're finding ways to deal out what they've dished to you, except after awhile, it becomes second nature and you find yourself dishing it out to anyone that seems a likely target. Serious emotional baggage there, dude.