PDA

View Full Version : Over powers v.s Chaos Gods

ArlEammon
2008-01-26, 04:12 PM
Warhammer 40,000ers..... How powerful would Over Powers be in Chaos Gods?

Eita
2008-01-26, 04:23 PM
What the hell is an Over Power?

Duke Malagigi
2008-01-26, 04:35 PM
What the hell is an Over Power?

Io, the Overlord, the Supreme Virture and the Progenerator or Mechanus. The Overlord is Asmodeus' true form in Dicefreaks canon with the Supreme Virture and the Progenerator as "his" siblings. The Supreme Virture is the founder of the Seven Heavens in the same canon.

Eita
2008-01-26, 04:39 PM
What can they do?

ArlEammon
2008-01-26, 05:00 PM
Apparently, The Progenitor, Supreme Virtue, and Overlord are all powerful enough that only an omnipotent being can survive an assault by all three at once.

Ao is less powerful than any of them, and it was Ao that caused the Time of Troubles when Bane stole the Tablets of Fate.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-26, 05:24 PM
What can they do?

Overpowers can do whatever the hell they want too. Period. Reality doesn't bend to their will it IS their will. They are on the scale of CREATING multiverses. They are, essentially, the DM.

North
2008-01-26, 05:27 PM
So the DM vs 40k is the fight?:smallconfused:

Eita
2008-01-26, 05:59 PM
All 40K powers that have been described in detail are completely and utterly decimated.

sikyon
2008-01-26, 09:57 PM
So the DM vs 40k is the fight?:smallconfused:

40k wins. No room for DM in 40k.

puppyavenger
2008-01-26, 10:00 PM
Io, the Overlord, the Supreme Virture and the Progenerator or Mechanus. The Overlord is Asmodeus' true form in Dicefreaks canon with the Supreme Virture and the Progenerator as "his" siblings. The Supreme Virture is the founder of the Seven Heavens in the same canon.

Can the Supreme virtue feel hope? can the OVerlord feel rage?, Can Ao feel fear? can Io feel passion? can any of them feel pain? if the answers to any of the above or any combination of the gods and emotions are yes, then they cannot kill the chaos gods.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-26, 10:10 PM
Can the Supreme virtue feel hope? can the OVerlord feel rage?, Can Ao feel fear? can Io feel passion? can any of them feel pain? if the answers to any of the above or any combination of the gods and emotions are yes, then they cannot kill the chaos gods.

*Cough* Maybe I'm understating myself here. It doesn't matter if they do feel these emotions or not. We are not speaking of anything gods could even handle. The closest WH40K comes to Over Powers would by the C'Tan and they aren't even close.

If an overpower wills it, then those emotions will cease to be or ever have been. It's as simple as that. Also for those who say WH40K has no place for a DM I kindly point you in the direction of the Warhammer 40,000 d20 rules. (http://www.geocities.com/skrittiblak/) The DM DOES have a place in WH...and even the God-Emperor of man is his b****

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-26, 10:19 PM
Yea... in 40k D20, not in the traditional 40k universe though, or its original rule set. Plus I'd like to point out that you're talking about a galactic power vs. a MULTI UNIVERSAL POWER, not really fair. But it should be noted that the Warp is everywhere in 40k verse, ALL OVER THE UNIVERSE, there must be some universe sized Warp Entity, and the laws of physics are probably its bitch.

ArlEammon
2008-01-26, 11:04 PM
Yea... in 40k D20, not in the traditional 40k universe though, or its original rule set. Plus I'd like to point out that you're talking about a galactic power vs. a MULTI UNIVERSAL POWER, not really fair. But it should be noted that the Warp is everywhere in 40k verse, ALL OVER THE UNIVERSE, there must be some universe sized Warp Entity, and the laws of physics are probably its bitch.

The thing is, is that Asmodeus is only max, DvR 20. Someone a single DvR higher than him doesn't seem as if he would be omnipotent. I don't think of DvR 21 as being omnipotent, but more or less I see them being to Greater gods as Greater gods are to mortals.

Ominous
2008-01-27, 12:48 AM
Overpowers can do whatever the hell they want too. Period. Reality doesn't bend to their will it IS their will. They are on the scale of CREATING multiverses. They are, essentially, the DM.

I've always heard that the guy, that Ao reports to at the end of the Time of Troubles, is the DM or the guy, that the guy, that Ao reported to, reports to, is the DM.

The thing is, is that Asmodeus is only max, DvR 20. Someone a single DvR higher than him doesn't seem as if he would be omnipotent. I don't think of DvR 21 as being omnipotent, but more or less I see them being to Greater gods as Greater gods are to mortals.

That's not the true Asmodeus, if you go with the whole Asmodeus is an Overpower thing.

I give it to the Overpowers considering that they're are emotionless (at least Ao is, and I think the Lady of Pain is too), and they can be omnipotent and omniscient, depending on which novels you're reading or rules you're using. It's like putting Q against the Chaos Gods. There's no contest.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-27, 12:50 AM
I've always heard that the guy that Ao reports to at the end of the Time of Troubles is the DM or the guy that the guy that Ao reported to reports to is the DM.

Then again I don't really classify AO as an overpower since things got by him and what not and he DID report to someone more powerful. But yeah, at the end of that little chain there is the DM.

Duke Malagigi
2008-01-27, 02:33 AM

True, the Supreme Virtue can feel hope and passion without cruelty and the will to dominate, while the Overlord can rage and fear, yet these entities are also fueled by these respective emotions as well. In fact both the Supreme Virtue and the Overlord can draw sustenance from such emotions to the exclusion of lesser deities, if they so wish. This could also be said for Sanoi (Chaotic Good leader of Arborea in the Dicefreaks canon) and Demogorgon (need I say more) if they achieve over deity status. Of course the Seventh Virture (the Supreme Virture's avatar) and Sanoi are friends while Demogorgon and Asmodeus (the Overlord's avatar) would rip each other's throats out if they could. That's a major difference between the Upper Planes (the Heavens Above) and the Lower Planes (the Depths Below).

Rutee
2008-01-27, 02:39 AM

Do you now know about Sealed Evil in a Can? It's very popular.

Eita
2008-01-27, 02:53 AM
I prefer fresh evil. Freshly squeezed out of a baby. The blood turns evil if you touch it!