PDA

View Full Version : Most arrows shot in one round?

Tyger
2008-01-27, 06:50 AM
OK, calling on all you build gurus. What is the most number of arrows that can be shot in one round, from a longbow?

Books allowed are any, so long as they are WotC and 3.5. Level is 20. All I can come up with is this:

4 from high BAB
1 from Haste (or the Speed enchantment)
1 from Rapid Shot

Is that it?

And yes, I know about Splitting, but its not 3.5. ANd please, stick to actually shooting arrows from a bow. I know a 20th level Wiz can use telekinesis to shoot 20 arrows at once. :smallbiggrin:

Reel On, Love
2008-01-27, 06:58 AM
Using the Time Stands Still maneuver (Diamond Mind 9, from ToB) doubles that.
Having an ally use White Raven Tactics (White Raven 3, ToB) on you adds another 6 as you take another turn.

Using your swift action to activate your Belt of Battle (MIC) to take another full attack adds another 6. So, 24.

Another tactic would involve being an Atavist (Races of Eberron); at 10th level you can expend psionic focus to take another standard action. Between Psionic Meditation, a psicrystal with a second focus, and manifesting Hustle, you can use (Greater) Manyshot, expend focus, Greater Manyshot, recover as a move action, use the regained focus, Greater Manyshot, manifest Hustle as a swift action, regain focus with the gained move action, Greater Manyshot, use psicrystal's focus, Greater Manyshot one more time.

Then have an ally use White Raven Tactics on you. Greater Manyshot Recover focus, Greater Manyshot, use your Belt of Battle, full attack with Haste and Rapid Shot.
So that's... 5*5, +5, +5, +6, = 41 arrows.

If you want to have two Ruby Knight Vindicators who are full of Nightsticks and who keep granting each other turns with White Raven Tactics and then recovering the maneuver with the RKV special abilities by blowing through turn attempts, it's pretty much "as many as you want".

Edit: with a Splitting bow, and PAOed into an Arrow Demon, quadruple that for 164 arrows.

Iku Rex
2008-01-27, 07:01 AM
Splitting is from the 3.5 book Champions of Ruin.

Shapechanging into an Arrow Demon (MM3) can double all your attacks by letting you use two bows. A Marilith might let you triple your attacks (6 arms) - depends on the DM.

A belt of battle (MIC) or the greater celerity spell (PHBII) can provide another full-round action. (Stretch the definition of "one round" just a little, and you can use both.)

Spiryt
2008-01-27, 07:04 AM
Well, there is spell in Spell Compendium wich allows you to attack all enemies within 1 range increment.

It's 3rd level ranger only spell.

So considering even 110 feet range ( but 11th + level ranger almost certainly improved it)... It can be sick number of attacks (up to 20 on 20th level) the only thing you need is some army attacking Ranger.

I refuse to imagine myself 20 bow shots in 6 seconds period.

So that's... 5*5, +5, +5, +6, = 41 arrows.

And I refuse to even consider imagining that :smallwink:

Kurald Galain
2008-01-27, 07:14 AM
There's also the Arcane Archer's hail of arrows ability (which fires one arrow per class level, in place of a regular attack).

sonofzeal
2008-01-27, 11:12 PM
Well, there is spell in Spell Compendium wich allows you to attack all enemies within 1 range increment.

So considering even 110 feet range ( but 11th + level ranger almost certainly improved it)... It can be sick number of attacks (up to 20 on 20th level) the only thing you need is some army attacking Ranger.

I refuse to imagine myself 20 bow shots in 6 seconds period.

You think that's bad? The Bloodstorm Blade from Tome of Battle can do the same thing.... with his greatsword, using his melee attack roll modifiers, with full strength to damage. And he can do that all day long (with occasional one-round breaks to recharge his maneuvers). Oh, and he can do it against everyone he can hit, with no limit on range increments (the penalties for range still apply normally though). Good fun for the whole family!

But yeah, bows with their longer range can probably produce more sheer attacks than the Bloodstorm Blade.

BlackMage2549
2008-01-28, 01:37 AM

Doesn't this spell only allow you to fire up to your caster level in arrows?

Yami
2008-01-28, 02:00 AM
What about the ranger spell that splits one arrow into 1d4+1? I bleive that you get the silly wand bow and have a wand of chain split arrow (the proper name escapes me.) and magic up the bow to be splitting. You could even try to get a maximised casting, though that would be exspensive.

But it would get you 10 arrows from one shot. Use it with greater manyshot, and you get macross style arrow storms.