PDA

View Full Version : A powerful build...

Gardakan
2008-01-27, 09:04 AM
So my druid went to the level 7 in our last game. As a human i have choose those feats. Rapid WildShaping(swift action to wildshape...), Zen Attack(allow you to put your Wis bonus on your attack one-on-one, not your Strenght...), Natural Spell(not question...) and another feat that i don't now. I have think of Natural Bond... but i'm not sure...

So with those feats when you are in an animal form you can add your Base Attack Bonus(+5) and my Wisdom bonus(+7)... so i hit with + 12... it's dont bad for animal. If animal had a best Strenght modificator i will took in place of my Wisdom...

I understand the druidzilla now. But may i ask you a question??? What feat shoul i take for 4th feat...

Boodi
2008-01-27, 09:48 AM
You won't get a feat at 4th level...
...I assume you mean 3rd level in which case you could get Improved Natural Attack(Claw) which lets your claw attacks deal damage as if they were one size category higher. (you don't have to pick claw but I would)

"Edit: you need BAB+4 for the feat, nvm"

Obrysii
2008-01-27, 11:27 AM
Where is Zen Attack, and does it work the way you say it does? A lot of those sorts of feats have some catch to them...

Chronos
2008-01-27, 02:05 PM
If you plan on fighting in melee a lot, you should take Power Attack. This is true no matter what your class or build: All meleers should have Power Attack.

If you prefer to fight by casting spells, then a metamagic feat is probably a better idea. Which metamagic feat would be best depends on what spells you favor.

daggaz
2008-01-27, 06:26 PM
He means what feat he should take for his fourth feat, Boodi, not his fourth lvl feat (one of the first things he says is he is lvl seven, he has three feats, and the fourth he isnt sure about).

Zen attack (?ive heard of zen archery at least) is a waste, because as a druid you should be doing most of your attacking in wildshape form, and then you use the animals' strength bonus, not your own.

But if you spend a lot of time in human form (why, when you have already taken natural spell) i suppose its not the worst thing. But meh, you do have natural spell, so yeah, why?

Power Attack is the staple of any melee build, all the better if your animal form has something that counts as '2handed'.... I think bite attacks get the 1.5x PA multiplier, no? And since most animals have a bite attack.. power attack is a good thing.

Ummm... you have a 24 wisdom at lvl seven? Im assuming that is with owls wisdom, but even then that is pretty impressive for a 7th lvl human. Impossible, actually, unless you are breaking point buy or WBL rules. (18 natural + 1 attribute bonus at 4th + 4 enhancement bonus = 23 wisdom, need 8th lvl to hit 24).

I would skip Improved natural attack(claw) unless you are going from one die to two, which is highly unlikely. Really there are better feats out there, even CORE, than spending one for what usually amounts to only +1 average damage.

Maybe if you explained what books are allowed? THere are plenty of differences between CORE and, say, complete divine. Also, do you plan to summon a lot either? Druids are great summoners as well, so it can pay to toss a feat or two that way...

mostlyharmful
2008-01-27, 07:00 PM
Craft Wondrous Item or Extend spell are both good choices that expand your capabilites in core, otherwise Natural Bond is indeed a good one to pump your Animal Companion, since you're a Druid you just don't need to think about PrC qualifications so just try to choose something that broadens your choices or abilities in the situations your DM puts you in. I also like Track for druids and most of the oft mentioned Metamagics are useful for full casters such as yourself.

Gardakan
2008-01-27, 08:06 PM
He means what feat he should take for his fourth feat, Boodi, not his fourth lvl feat (one of the first things he says is he is lvl seven, he has three feats, and the fourth he isnt sure about).

Zen attack (?ive heard of zen archery at least) is a waste, because as a druid you should be doing most of your attacking in wildshape form, and then you use the animals' strength bonus, not your own.

But if you spend a lot of time in human form (why, when you have already taken natural spell) i suppose its not the worst thing. But meh, you do have natural spell, so yeah, why?

Power Attack is the staple of any melee build, all the better if your animal form has something that counts as '2handed'.... I think bite attacks get the 1.5x PA multiplier, no? And since most animals have a bite attack.. power attack is a good thing.

Ummm... you have a 24 wisdom at lvl seven? Im assuming that is with owls wisdom, but even then that is pretty impressive for a 7th lvl human. Impossible, actually, unless you are breaking point buy or WBL rules. (18 natural + 1 attribute bonus at 4th + 4 enhancement bonus = 23 wisdom, need 8th lvl to hit 24).

I would skip Improved natural attack(claw) unless you are going from one die to two, which is highly unlikely. Really there are better feats out there, even CORE, than spending one for what usually amounts to only +1 average damage.

Maybe if you explained what books are allowed? THere are plenty of differences between CORE and, say, complete divine. Also, do you plan to summon a lot either? Druids are great summoners as well, so it can pay to toss a feat or two that way...

I have a 24 in Wisdom because i have 18 + 1 of the fouth level augmentation + 1 because i am an old people(38 years old...) + 2 racial bonus(we play in Lotr i am human of the North) + 2 of a necklace of Wisdom +2... = 24...

I can cast spells*that can be in relation with elements(fireball, lightning bolt....). I focus in DPS, wildshaping, combat and my animal companion...

I don't choose Natural Bond. Power Attack, Zen Fighting(exalted feat), Natural Spell... and i was thinking about Two-Weapon Fighting...(i know that it's not useful...)

Toliudar
2008-01-27, 09:37 PM
I have a 24 in Wisdom because i have 18 + 1 of the fouth level augmentation + 1 because i am an old people(38 years old...) + 2 racial bonus(we play in Lotr i am human of the North) + 2 of a necklace of Wisdom +2... = 24...

I can cast spells*that can be in relation with elements(fireball, lightning bolt....). I focus in DPS, wildshaping, combat and my animal companion...

I don't choose Natural Bond. Power Attack, Zen Fighting(exalted feat), Natural Spell... and i was thinking about Two-Weapon Fighting...(i know that it's not useful...)

Speaking as a 38-year-old, I object to being referred to as an "old people". :smallamused:

I think the feat you're describing is from Book of Exalted Deeds, and called Intuitive Strike, and it does indeed allow you to sub in wisdom for strength when calculating your attack bonus, if you're using a simple or natural weapon. Which druids almost always are. It would have to be your level 3 or level 6 feat, since it has a prerequisite of BAB +1. As others have pointed out, this feat has immediate benefits, but will have diminishing returns as you're able to access more powerful animal forms.

For a fourth feat, I'd suggest extend or quicken metamagic - both useful for the buffs you and your companion will probably be relying on. Craft Wondrous item is also a great staple, if you see your druid doing that kind of thing. And Power Attack has so many varied uses - breaking down doors, walls, people...