PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Warcraft 40K World Peace

Eerie
2008-01-27, 10:41 AM
What should we do for all those races to live in peace?

Zenos
2008-01-27, 10:45 AM
What should we do for all those races to live in peace?

Exterminate all except one of them?

Captain van der Decken
2008-01-27, 10:55 AM
Which one?

Green Bean
2008-01-27, 10:58 AM
Which one?

Him. Right there. On the left. Seems like a nice enough fellow.

Xefas
2008-01-27, 10:59 AM
Which one?

Tyranids.

After consuming all biomass in the universe, they'll just eat each other and then there'll be no one left alive at all.

Also, it's "Warhammer 40k", not "Warcraft 40k"

Eerie
2008-01-27, 11:00 AM

What if they fight among themselves?

Quess that counts the orks out.

Eerie
2008-01-27, 11:02 AM
Tyranids.

After consuming all biomass in the universe, they'll just eat each other and then there'll be no one left alive at all.

Also, it's "Warhammer 40k", not "Warcraft 40k"

Gosh.

There is no such thing as biomass. Its all carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen anyway. There is no point looking for inhabited planets to find those elements.

Wait a minute, I`m trying to apply science to WK40? :smalleek:

warty goblin
2008-01-27, 11:03 AM

Something along those lines: some of them would certainly have to go:

1) Necrons, making peace with something that wants to erradicate all life could be a bit tricky. I'm trying to imagine negotiating with them:
Human) So, we don't really use this part of the galaxy, how about you just kill everything over there..?
Necron) *FLAY!*

2) Tyrranids: Since most people like their biomass to remain their biomass, and the tyrranids seem to have a fancy for most biomass, negotiations could be a bit 'strained'.
Human) Gee, what if we sent you a bunch of, like, sheep and stuff every few months..?
Tyrranid) *CHOMP!*

3) Chaos, or at least some of it: The Khorne people would have to go for sure, I mean, negotiating with a nine foot tall demonically possessed guy with a chainsaw axe and a rotten attitude who lives to dismember people isn't gonna work out so good:
Human) So, we could let you execute all of our condemned criminals- not the chainaxe AARRG!!!
Berzerker) Blood for the Blood God! *Chainaxe*

4) Dark Eldar: I mean, who wants them around anyway?

5) Actually the more I think about it, the only really decent way to obtain anything like peace is to simply let the orks kill everything. There won't be peace, but at least the most beings will be made happy.

Eerie
2008-01-27, 11:10 AM
Something along those lines: some of them would certainly have to go:

1) Necrons, making peace with something that wants to erradicate all life could be a bit tricky. I'm trying to imagine negotiating with them:
Human) So, we don't really use this part of the galaxy, how about you just kill everything over there..?
Necron) *FLAY!*

I thought Neckrons are C`tan slaves.

2) Tyrranids: Since most people like their biomass to remain their biomass, and the tyrranids seem to have a fancy for most biomass, negotiations could be a bit 'strained'.
Human) Gee, what if we sent you a bunch of, like, sheep and stuff every few months..?
Tyrranid) *CHOMP!*

Again, biomass can be produced.

3) Chaos, or at least some of it: The Khorne people would have to go for sure, I mean, negotiating with a nine foot tall demonically possessed guy with a chainsaw axe and a rotten attitude who lives to dismember people isn't gonna work out so good:
Human) So, we could let you execute all of our condemned criminals- not the chainaxe AARRG!!!
Berzerker) Blood for the Blood God! *Chainaxe*
4) Dark Eldar: I mean, who wants them around anyway?

So the problem here is Chaos Gods.

Zenos
2008-01-27, 11:21 AM
I would guess that all except the Tau, or the Necrons would have to go. The others, including the demons, would be liable to fight amongst themselves. Altho maybe the Tau would have to go too then. Remember Farsight?

Krytha
2008-01-27, 11:21 AM
My dream was for the Imperium of Man to stop being such haters and team up with the Tau and Eldar. Yeah, that would be awesome.

Zenos
2008-01-27, 11:23 AM
My dream was for the Imperium of Man to stop being such haters and team up with the Tau and Eldar. Yeah, that would be awesome.

Hmmm, yeah. I might even see them as able to team up. They're amongst the lesser evil races. Altho then you would have to exterminate or disband the ordo xenos, who would be mad if they knew the whole rest of the Imperium teamed up with filthy xenos.

LordVader
2008-01-27, 11:36 AM

The Eldar, yeah.

The Tau are such an insignificant little power that they don't matter at all, and thus an alliance with them wouldn't really benefit the Imperium at all.
The Imperium does work with Eldar on occasion, though, usually against Chaos or Tyranids.

Also, please don't add to the misconsception that Warhammer rips off Warcraft. :smallwink:

Zenos
2008-01-27, 11:37 AM
Also, please don't add to the misconsception that Warhammer rips off Warcraft. :smallwink:

'Cuss it's the other way 'round.

Ganurath
2008-01-27, 11:38 AM
1. The Eldar, foreseeing a path to peace between the races of Order, offer to heal the God Emperor. After years of debate, the Imperials agree, and the Eldar most certainly heal the God Emperor back to his full health. At this point he starts mindraping his xenophobic followers for damning humanity to constant warfare.

2. The Human Empire, under the direct rulership of the Emperor, reaches out to the Tau Empire. With the Eldar also in attendance, the three races make a pact to recognize one another's sovreignity within their current areas of space, all POWs released, and a military alliance to wipe out those who won't be negociated with.

3. Of course, since the Tau aren't affected by the Warp, they make efforts to make peace with the Chaos cults they come in contact with in the Campaign for Peaceful Corpses. Although most are unyielding, there are exceptions: Khornates willing to make war against the Tau's foes, Tzeentchians foreseeing a great change in the status quo, and Slaane****es who wonder what a Kroot's like in bed. The Eldar and Emperor, although paranoid like rabbits, allow the Chaos allies to help so long as they aren't around their troops.

4. Remember what I said in the SC vs Necrons thread about infested Pariahs? Well, a similiar concept would work with technological tracers, and the Tau could pull it off. With knowledge of what planets to hit, they soon formulate a plan to take down two great enemies in one blow:

5. The Allies contact Ork WAAAGH!!!s and tell them there are forces on the Necron planets no boyz could ever beat. Although ticked at the messenger, the boyz never back down from a challenge, and eventually every ork in existence is going to want a piece of the Necrons. After one of them is wiped out, the Allies finish off the battered victor.

6. Same concept with Tyranids and Chaos, directing the Khornates to ultimate war and the Nurglekin to infect the greatest lifeforce in the galaxy. The Tzeentchians and Slaane****es hang back, content with peace so long as they can practice psionics and indulge in sensations, respectively, venting any violent urges on one another.

7. After that, it's just a matter of Dark Eldar versus Eldar, the Imperium, the Tau Empire, and the Chaos Remnant. One way or another, peace in the galaxy.

Selrahc
2008-01-27, 11:53 AM
War in the 40K galaxy: Solutions
1.The Imperium, Orks, Tau, Khorne and Nurgle must be destroyed in al scenarios. Those factions involve infighting or a drive to find conflict(Such as the Fire Warriors)

2. Slaanesh takes control of the galaxy. All that exists becomes merely an orgy of ecstacy. While incredibly hellish, it is not war.

3. Similar scenario, except with Tzeentch.

4. Eldar god of death animates, and takes the Eldar to victory. They then live in harmony. Like the freaky space elves they are.

5. The necrons manage to eradicate all life. One of the C'Tan emerges as the only one, so the war between them ceases.

6. Similar except with the Tyranids.

7. Entropy overcomes energy, and the universe ceases to exist.

Zenos
2008-01-27, 12:17 PM
War in the 40K galaxy: Solutions
1.The Imperium, Orks, Tau, Khorne and Nurgle must be destroyed in al scenarios. Those factions involve infighting or a drive to find conflict(Such as the Fire Warriors)

2. Slaanesh takes control of the galaxy. All that exists becomes merely an orgy of ecstacy. While incredibly hellish, it is not war.

3. Similar scenario, except with Tzeentch.

4. Eldar god of death animates, and takes the Eldar to victory. They then live in harmony. Like the freaky space elves they are.

5. The necrons manage to eradicate all life. One of the C'Tan emerges as the only one, so the war between them ceases.

6. Similar except with the Tyranids.

7. Entropy overcomes energy, and the universe ceases to exist.

Do you mean Khaine, the eldar god of war?

Moff Chumley
2008-01-27, 12:18 PM
Damit, ya'll stole my Tau/Eldar/Imperium idea. Now I'm gonna hafta revise mah fanfic. :mad: :eek:

The only problem there is the Orks... I don't think it's actually possible to get rid of all of 'em. Aren't there, pretty much, an infinite number of Orks in the universe or something like that? So the Tau/Eldar/Imperium allaiance would either have to relocate to where the Orks aren't, or devise a cunning plan to keep da Orks out permenantly. Divine intervention leaps to mind...

And now for litteral interpretation time...
World peace? I believe that there are plenty of worlds in 40k that are perfectly peaceful... Terra for instance? [Lynches self] :annoyed:

Zenos
2008-01-27, 12:22 PM
Damit, ya'll stole my Tau/Eldar/Imperium idea. Now I'm gonna hafta revise mah fanfic. :mad: :eek:

The only problem there is the Orks... I don't think it's actually possible to get rid of all of 'em. Aren't there, pretty much, an infinite number of Orks in the universe or something like that? So the Tau/Eldar/Imperium allaiance would either have to relocate to where the Orks aren't, or devise a cunning plan to keep da Orks out permenantly. Divine intervention leaps to mind...

And now for litteral interpretation time...
World peace? I believe that there are plenty of worlds in 40k that are perfectly peaceful... Terra for instance? [Lynches self] :annoyed:

Or IG with LOTS of flamers. On regular patrols to where orcs have been sighted, to scorch the Earth (not terra, stupid :smallamused: ). And isolation of ork planets with kill satelites.

Moff Chumley
2008-01-27, 12:26 PM
Do you mean Khaine, the eldar god of war?

Nope, there's another one. I don't remember his name, but basically when he's born, something bad happens to everyone but the Eldar.

Moff Chumley
2008-01-27, 12:28 PM
Or IG with LOTS of flamers. On regular patrols to where orcs have been sighted, to scorch the Earth (not terra, stupid :smallamused: ). And isolation of ork planets with kill satelites.

I don't think you grasp just how many Orks there are out there...

Zenos
2008-01-27, 12:35 PM
I don't think you grasp just how many Orks there are out there...

I know there are bazillions of orks, but it would at least contain them.

warty goblin
2008-01-27, 12:43 PM
Aren't the orks really far out like way more powerful to boot? I seem to remember a referenance to planet-sized warbosses somewhere...can't say for sure.

Ganurath
2008-01-27, 12:54 PM
I don't think you grasp just how many Orks there are out there...Enough to take the Necrons down, if their mothership gets shoved in the right direction by the Air Caste or Eldar machinations.

puppyavenger
2008-01-27, 01:18 PM
Aren't the orks really far out like way more powerful to boot? I seem to remember a referenance to planet-sized warbosses somewhere...can't say for sure.

No there are no planet sized war-bosses

my bets on the Tyranids, they kill everyone then move on and there is nothing left i WH 40k galaxy.

SurlySeraph
2008-01-27, 01:34 PM
Nope, there's another one. I don't remember his name, but basically when he's born, something bad happens to everyone but the Eldar.

Actually, something bad happens to everyone, especially the Eldar.

Read. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldar_Gods_%28Warhammer_40%2C000%29#Ynnead.2C_God_ of_the_Dead)

Thangorodrim
2008-01-27, 01:48 PM
The concept being of course, if Ynnead awakens and does his thing, that the Eldar can be reborn again.

Somebloke
2008-01-27, 02:10 PM
1. At this point he starts mindraping his xenophobic followers for damning humanity to constant warfare.

That shouldn't have made me giggle like a schoolgirl on crack- but it did.

Narmoth
2008-01-27, 02:15 PM
I think Ganuraths idea is the closest to a workable one.

Somebloke
2008-01-27, 02:19 PM
I assume that the Emperor back in the game will lead to a number of changes- wasn't he on the brink of instituting a whole range of new improvements when he was put into a coma?

Perhaps, as well as making peace with the Eldar and Tau (for the greater good! Go Tau!) I can see him coming up with some way of dealing with the Tyraid 'game over' scenario and possibly even sealing up the Eye.

And if the Imperium can end up focussing on only a handful of enemies, it has a much, much easier task of dealing with Orc Waaaghs! and Necron attacks (especially if the webway is rebuilt). Possibly the Necron Tomb Worlds can even be identified and obliterated, Death-Star style.

I am not that familiar with the books, so I am not entirely sure of the logic of the above- which brings me to another question- what are, in people's opinions, the best Warhammer 40,000 books to read?

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-30, 10:01 AM
I assume that the Emperor back in the game will lead to a number of changes- wasn't he on the brink of instituting a whole range of new improvements when he was put into a coma?

Perhaps, as well as making peace with the Eldar and Tau (for the greater good! Go Tau!) I can see him coming up with some way of dealing with the Tyraid 'game over' scenario and possibly even sealing up the Eye.

And if the Imperium can end up focussing on only a handful of enemies, it has a much, much easier task of dealing with Orc Waaaghs! and Necron attacks (especially if the webway is rebuilt). Possibly the Necron Tomb Worlds can even be identified and obliterated, Death-Star style.

I am not that familiar with the books, so I am not entirely sure of the logic of the above- which brings me to another question- what are, in people's opinions, the best Warhammer 40,000 books to read?

Y'see the thing is there is no easy 'solution' to the Tyranid problem other then killing them whenever they show up. The problem being they show up in lots and lots of numbers and are ravenous monsters (even with just the vanguard in the WH 40k galaxy theres enough that their fighting pretty evenly with the Orks in the Octavian sector). Assuming they are pulled from their war with Orks who knows what new breeds they've come up with from assimilating ork genes.

And there ARE problems with Ganurath's plan. For one, CAN the Eldar heal the Emperor? And if they do whos to say he doesn't just restart the Great Crusade where he left off and leave the Eldar and Tau hanging? The Emperor doesn't care about Xenos himself, he cares about humanity which the Tau and Eldar distinctly aren't part of. Sort of like the Tau aren't exactly a major power in WH 40K which is why they are a rapidly expansionist empire.

And it's not just a matter of MAKING peace it's HOLDING peace. With the Emperor's priotity of humans before others and Eldars more then willing to sacrifice other races to save their own friction WILL happen and it won't be resolved quickly either. Aside from that though that makes gaps in this 'Grand Alliance' that are exploitable as all hell.

And most importantly I think Ganurath is REALLY underestimating the hatred the Eldar and (now so anyway) the Emperor have for Chaos. Chaos hunts the Eldar daily and the four Chaos Gods were responsible for the corruption of Horus and forced the Emperor to kill his own son. He DEFINTLY aint' gonna be forgiving that anytime soon. Besides whats to keep the Khornites from I dunno...just attacking the Tau who come to visit? Nothing, thats what.

Most importantly with the Necrons...you don't think the most technologically advanced race in WH40L won't be able to notice a technological tracer? Seriously? Then you seriously think little of the Necrons. More importantly since the Necrons have informants/spys/traitors in the upper reaches of the Imperium you don't think they can drag down the human side of this all?

Moff Chumley
2008-01-30, 09:28 PM
Y'see the thing is there is no easy 'solution' to the Tyranid problem other then killing them whenever they show up. The problem being they show up in lots and lots of numbers and are ravenous monsters (even with just the vanguard in the WH 40k galaxy theres enough that their fighting pretty evenly with the Orks in the Octavian sector). Assuming they are pulled from their war with Orks who knows what new breeds they've come up with from assimilating ork genes.

And there ARE problems with Ganurath's plan. For one, CAN the Eldar heal the Emperor? And if they do whos to say he doesn't just restart the Great Crusade where he left off and leave the Eldar and Tau hanging? The Emperor doesn't care about Xenos himself, he cares about humanity which the Tau and Eldar distinctly aren't part of. Sort of like the Tau aren't exactly a major power in WH 40K which is why they are a rapidly expansionist empire.

And it's not just a matter of MAKING peace it's HOLDING peace. With the Emperor's priotity of humans before others and Eldars more then willing to sacrifice other races to save their own friction WILL happen and it won't be resolved quickly either. Aside from that though that makes gaps in this 'Grand Alliance' that are exploitable as all hell.

And most importantly I think Ganurath is REALLY underestimating the hatred the Eldar and (now so anyway) the Emperor have for Chaos. Chaos hunts the Eldar daily and the four Chaos Gods were responsible for the corruption of Horus and forced the Emperor to kill his own son. He DEFINTLY aint' gonna be forgiving that anytime soon. Besides whats to keep the Khornites from I dunno...just attacking the Tau who come to visit? Nothing, thats what.

Most importantly with the Necrons...you don't think the most technologically advanced race in WH40L won't be able to notice a technological tracer? Seriously? Then you seriously think little of the Necrons. More importantly since the Necrons have informants/spys/traitors in the upper reaches of the Imperium you don't think they can drag down the human side of this all?

... Pessimist. Blegh. :smallyuk:

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-30, 09:52 PM
... Pessimist. Blegh. :smallyuk:

:smalltongue: My glass isn't half empty, a Chaos-warped Carnifex/Necron Warrior hybrid crushed it into dust and then ate my dog.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-30, 10:39 PM
Sure, peace is possible...if it's possible to completely isolate each faction off from each other...

puppyavenger
2008-02-01, 07:34 PM
A note about reviving the emperor you kn ow the true purpose of the inquistion is to prevent that from happenig?