PDA

View Full Version : Belgareth in World of Warcraft

ArlEammon
2008-01-28, 02:29 PM
Belgareth has slung gigiantic boulders around with his magic. He also is the most powerful magician in his planet. I would like to know how powerful he would be in WOW.

Athaniar
2008-01-28, 02:52 PM
Eehm, elaborate please? Who is Belgareth? What are the exact conditions? What does the Warcraft world know? Time to prepare? Anything? Please?

Callos_DeTerran
2008-01-28, 03:26 PM
I think he's moreso asking how Belgareth would rate in the Warcraftverse, not an actual versus thread..

puppyavenger
2008-01-28, 03:42 PM
All hail the wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgarath_the_Sorcerer

Nerd-o-rama
2008-01-28, 03:49 PM
Uh, 70 Mage? Even if that's too powerful, Blizzard will just nerf Mages until they're down to Old Wolf's power level.

Of course, there's also his shapeshifting to consider. Medivh had that whole raven thing going on in Warcraft III, because he had Plot Powers of Doom.

So, call him a 70 Elite NPC. Probably gives quests to carry around artifacts, stab major Burning Legion officials, and bring him beer.

Also, what the hell kind of question is this in the first place?

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-01-28, 04:11 PM
Eh, I play WoW but I try not to take too much of it as official canon (even if Blizzard in their ignorance and foolishness have made it so) So I'd say he would probably be a pretty powerful mage, he would probably become a member of the Kirin Tor and sit as a member of the Council of Dalaran, but he wouldn't be as powerful as Medivh or Aegwynn.

factotum
2008-01-28, 04:36 PM
Belgarath has the advantage of having lived quite a bit longer than Medivh, though, which might give him some advantage. I'd agree that we really don't have much basis to make a comparison, though; Belgarath was never one for doing anything particularly flashy, so the limits of his power are hard to judge.