PDA

View Full Version : Gnome in Golem Power armor?

togapika
2008-01-28, 03:46 PM
Has anyone made a prestige class where a gnome can build a golem to ride in and operate?

Cieyrin
2008-01-28, 04:44 PM
Not that I can think of but that's an amazing idea; the closest thing to that i can think of is perhaps a Gnome with levels of Effigy Master (from Complete Arcane) riding one of his effigies or something like that. I could also see a Gnome with levels of Maester (from Complete Adventurer) building and upgrading a Apparatus of Kwalish to do something like that, as well.

Finally, there is an artifact from the Epic Level Handbook, called Golem Armor, that kinda creates the same kinda thing. You even grow a size category b/c of the amount of metal you're putting on.

Simius
2008-01-28, 04:52 PM
If someone's going to make this, I'll make a drawing for it.

I love techno-gnomes :smallbiggrin:

Admiral Squish
2008-01-28, 04:54 PM
Would it work like operating an 'apparatus of the crab'?

BRC
2008-01-28, 05:43 PM
Somebody (I forget his name, the pirate kobold) Made a system for Golems-as-vehicles.

Roderick_BR
2008-01-28, 08:18 PM
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/finalfightclones/captaincommando-char3.png
Baby Commando anyone? :smallamused:
(If you know who this guy is, you, sir or lady, is OLD. Like me)
But that would be cool. Maybe a PrC for Artificer?

Parvum
2008-01-28, 09:19 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69839

By one of the Gods of Homebrewing, Kellus. This should be revived, t'were a great idea but not yet finished.

togapika
2008-01-28, 10:27 PM
I suppose I will have to work something up.

Cieyrin
2008-01-29, 12:13 PM
I could also see a Gnome with levels of Maester (from Complete Adventurer) building and upgrading a Apparatus of Kwalish to do something like that, as well.

Hmm, now I'm tempted to make a prestige class around upgrading Apparatuses of Kwalish, since when was the last time used one of those, eh? When I have time to (whenever that actually occurs), I'll get on that.

Athaniar
2008-01-29, 02:22 PM
The Warcraft RPG has very extensive rules for "mechs". You can adapt them to D&D.