PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons New Episode

Raider
2008-01-28, 03:49 PM
Ok for those of you who haven't seen it the plot of the newest episode is this.

Homer and Marge were a young couple in the 90's? It goes onto to explain how Homer invents Grundge Rock.

I've seen everyone episode and realize the timeline has been hurt a few times but COMEON. Episodes from just a few seasons ago say the date and make references to it. The show started in the late 80's! Do they really need to rewrite the same stories to keep the show going?

Has the show greatly reduced in quality in recent years? Can we expect the show to return to it's old wit and humor? I certainly hope so.

Pronounceable
2008-01-28, 05:15 PM
Maggie has been one year old for roughly as long as I've been alive...

What I mean is the "history" of Simpson family is "constant": Maggie is 1 and actually was born last year. Bart was born in 1997 and Lisa was born in 1999. Homer and Marge also got married in 1997. And so on.

Raider
2008-01-28, 05:20 PM
I understand that,it's just they completely discounted other episodes. I understand the age thing. They would be rather old.

FoE
2008-01-28, 05:21 PM
A wizard did it. Now shaddup.

Kaelaroth
2008-01-28, 05:23 PM
A wizard did it. Now shaddup.

Isn't that what was constanly said in the Xena episode? Is that the reference? Did I get it? I did, didn't I? Oh, shmoof. :smallredface:

grumblegrumblegrumble

Nerd-o-rama
2008-01-28, 05:36 PM
Essentially, the Simpsons' chronology works on a sliding scale from season to season, and you just have to deal with it. It's to allow the characters to remain the same age while updating to a more current culture.

Frankly, the Simpsons has all the continuity of a Wile E. Coyote cartoon anyway, so I don't see why this particularly bothers you.

All your other complaints are, of course, completely valid. The Simpsons is stale and ran out of good ideas a long, long time ago. If they haven't managed to turn the show around in the last ten years or so, I don't think they're going to manage it any time soon.

Ominous
2008-01-28, 05:47 PM
Isn't that what was constanly said in the Xena episode? Is that the reference? Did I get it? I did, didn't I? Oh, shmoof. :smallredface:

grumblegrumblegrumble

Indeed
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AWizardDidIt

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-01-28, 06:17 PM
As someone who grew up in the 90's, I personally liked it. but then again, I likely got a few of the references that you young whipper snappers didn't get. Personally, I think the show better now than it was 4-5 years ago.

Innis Cabal
2008-01-28, 08:50 PM
as stated on another thread. The simpons needs to die, peacefully and in silence with no mourning

Felizginato12
2008-01-30, 03:40 PM
Long time Simpsons fan (hell i'm a Simpson nerd. If knowing almost all the lines from most of the episodes seasons 1-10 doesn't scream nerd then I don't know what to say) and I can easily agree that The Simpsons need to die. But hell it was a good run. 10 years of quality comedy..beats out other shows like Family Guy (which lost quality after season 3 or 4).

The last shred of Simpsons goodness was the movie and that was just decent.