PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee back from the dead??

Hawriel
2008-01-28, 04:00 PM
Im sitting around on my day off wondering if I should see a movie or not. I go to google find yahoo's movie listing for my city and look up Showcases show times. The first thing that catches my eye is Bruce Lee Fights Back From the Grave. out Jan. 30th. HUH!? :smalleek:

I click on the link for more info on the movie. My reflexive dork thought that there is a long lost Buce Lee movie or he is back from the grave must be wrong. Sure it enough it is. I look at the other listings and I find more old movies. When Harry Met Sally and A Farewell to Arms (1932) are opening Feb. 14th.

Unless its a 30th aniversery digitaly remasterd showing like Star Wars or Bladerunner I have not seen Showcase or any other Large movie chaine run old movies. Are any other stick posters seeing this in your towns? If so does this happen regularly or is it most likly the cause of the writers strike?

FoE
2008-01-28, 04:04 PM
Here's the Wikipedia file on "Bruce Lee Fights Back from the Grave." The title is apparently very misleading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee_Fights_Back_from_the_Grave

EvilElitest
2008-01-28, 04:36 PM
Oh i thought he was refering to Bruce Lee in I am Legend :smallwink:
from
EE

Mewtarthio
2008-01-28, 04:39 PM
Unless its a 30th aniversery digitaly remasterd showing like Star Wars or Bladerunner I have not seen Showcase or any other Large movie chaine run old movies. Are any other stick posters seeing this in your towns? If so does this happen regularly or is it most likly the cause of the writers strike?

Hm... I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I'm pretty sure the cause of the writer's strike has something to do with electronic distribution and money. I don't think the guild saw that god-awful movie and decided to preclude the chance of such a monstrosity ever being made again by destroying the entertainment industry altogether.

Eita
2008-01-28, 05:31 PM
That'd be pretty badass though.

I think he meant that this movie was caused because of the writer's strike, not the other way.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-28, 09:33 PM
Wow, this is both extremely manipulative and highly exploitative. Two thumbs down to the movie without seeing it.

As to whether this is a product of the writers' strike, that's highly unlikely. All the major studios are supposed to have years worth of completed screenplays stockpiled anyway, so the writers' strike shouldn't affect film production.

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-28, 09:40 PM
Misleading... There is no word to describe my seething rage right now. :smallmad:

EvilElitest
2008-01-28, 11:10 PM
Misleading... There is no word to describe my seething rage right now. :smallmad:

Flurple?

could be made by Boll
from
EE

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-29, 07:59 AM
Flurple?

could be made by Boll
from
EE

Oh, do not even suggest it... I admit, maybe I'm a bit too fanatical about Bruce Lee, but if they're going to make stupid movies about somebody at least they should have the courtesy to do it when they're alive.

Huh. Typing that out, it doesn't make much sense does it?

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-29, 08:27 AM
No, it makes sense. They're taking a Bruce Lee lookalike, slapping his name on the project, and using his memory to sell a movie. It's in really bad taste.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-01-29, 08:34 AM
No, it makes sense. They're taking a Bruce Lee lookalike, slapping his name on the project, and using his memory to sell a movie. It's in really bad taste.

It was a bit of a fad at the time apparently.

It's not really that differant from when someone dies and they re-issue their work in a "memorial collection" or something.

Metal Head
2008-01-29, 07:50 PM
Will anyone help me hunt this evil impersonator down?

Rare Pink Leech
2008-01-30, 09:47 AM
It was a bit of a fad at the time apparently.

It's not really that differant from when someone dies and they re-issue their work in a "memorial collection" or something.

At first I was confused when you wrote "it was a bit of a fad at the time". Then I actually checked the Wikipedia article. I was under the impression this was an upcoming movie, not one made in 1976. I mostly retract my previous statements - it's still pretty bad and cheesey, but the fact that it was done during the 70s, when this was fairly common, is better. It is still exploitative, though (hell, the Wiki article even says that it's a Bruceploitation movie!).

Irenaeus
2008-01-30, 10:17 AM
Looks horribly tasteless, and totaly horrible. I'd rather go see Finishing the Game (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0843850/), it looks like fun.