PDA

View Full Version : Damaged psicristals

Rad
2008-01-29, 08:40 AM
A player in my group is playing a VoP psion (so no items/hiring spells) with a psicrystal. Since psicrystals are constructs they do not heal normally and it looks like the only power that could heal constructs is on a restricted list (and he doesn't have access to it). How can he get his psicrystal whole again? Possibly via powers and the like. The party has no other useful members (no artificers or wizards with repair damage spells).

Arakune
2008-01-29, 08:45 AM
And what happen when your psicristal are destroyed? You just say 'damn'?

Reinboom
2008-01-29, 08:47 AM
Wand, Scroll, Craft Construct Feat, Fast Healing.

Those are the ways I can think of.

Rad
2008-01-29, 08:49 AM
Wand, Scroll, Craft Construct Feat, Fast Healing.

Those are the ways I can think of.

Fast Healing... is the psicrystal allowed to take it? All the other three require gold, which he cannot use.

Lochar
2008-01-29, 08:49 AM
Psicrystals can Share Power.

Have him manifest Body Adjustment, healing 1d12 or augmented more.

Unless it's been completely destroyed.

Reinboom
2008-01-29, 08:52 AM
Constructs can benefit from fast healing.

A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.

Uh... get... a rogue to use a wand on it? :smallconfused:

Otherwise, go with Lochar.

Rad
2008-01-29, 08:57 AM
Thank you all for the advice. Right now I cannot locate the paragraph about constructs and magical healing (the natural healing is in their description) did I just imagine that a Cure Light Wounds or other spell would not work on one? If not, is Body Adjustment different from that?

Reinboom
2008-01-29, 09:01 AM
When laying your hand upon a living creature,

# Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected.
# Because its body is a mass of unliving matter, a construct is hard to destroy. It gains bonus hit points based on size, as shown on the table.

It "was never alive" / "unliving matter", cure light wounds requires a "living creature".

You take control of your body’s healing process, curing yourself of 1d12 points of damage. As usual, when regular damage is healed, an equal amount of nonlethal damage is also healed.

Body adjustment has no such limitation, so, yes.

Rad
2008-01-29, 09:03 AM
And Body Adjustment does not... great help!
If anybody knows other means keep going...

By the way, does using share spells mean that the psion and his psicrystal both heal damage with the same activation? That is what it sounds like

ZeroNumerous
2008-01-29, 09:04 AM
Wand of Repair Construct

Or just take the feat Expanded Knowledge. It lets you get a power on any other list, even restricted ones.

Fishy
2008-01-29, 10:37 AM
Unlike familiars, psicrystals don't cost anything to make, there's no penalty to the master when they die, and there's no downtime between when one dies and when you can replace it.

So essentially, if your crystal gets damaged, take a hammer to it and finish it off.

sikyon
2008-01-29, 12:38 PM
Fast Healing... is the psicrystal allowed to take it? All the other three require gold, which he cannot use.

Actually if you look in VoP entry I'm pretty sure you can pay exp instead of gold for stuff like spell components.