PDA

View Full Version : Alchemist Savant

dyslexicfaser
2008-01-29, 04:38 PM
This would probably be more at home on the Wizards' CO boards, but what the hell.

The Alchemist Savant PrC from Magic of Eberron is the answer to a character concept I've wanted to maike for some time, but couldn't find a way to make useful enough not to get laughed out of the group. Now, I was hoping I could get some advice:

What do I do to make this guy useful? What feats (the Artisan feats? Or I remember seeing a pair of alchemist feats somewhere else...), what starting class (I'm assuming artificer, but is there a better starting point out there?), what other PrC's might go well with it (it's only a 5 level PrC, after all)?

I'd be grateful for any help you guys could bestow.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-01-29, 07:50 PM
Alchemist Savant is a decent class IMO. You can make three potions of cure moderate wounds per day at 5th level (two at 3rd), whereas any other character with Brew Potion feat will make only one. However, the market price limit of 1,000gp is rather tough though.

Other class features such as Spellvial, Alchemical mixture and Brew Universal Potion depends heavily on what kind of role you're gonna fill. Universal Potion is rather expensive unless you have CL of 20 or higher, mind you.

It's not a game-breakingly powerful class as Cannith Wand Adept, but it's a decent class in its own right.

p.s. Artificer is a great starting class for this PrC.

Leon
2008-01-30, 06:16 AM
If you can get it into a IK game or the feats from IK out into another go for the Aurum Ominus Society Feats

- Aurum Ominus Alchemist (various bonuses and access to the other 2 feats)
- Advanced Synthesis (a weeks work in a Day)
- Maximize Alchemy (does what it says)