PDA

View Full Version : (Bard Character Idea) Anybody Like Dragonforce?

RationalGoblin
2008-01-29, 06:43 PM
So, I was looking for a class to play on the d20srd, and I look at the Bard. I then notice that the Bard can cast spells without preparation, one of the requirements of the Dragon Disciple PrC. I then thought of the Dragonforce band. (Though, personally, I don't like them)

So, I ask the members of GiTP, how would a character like this work? Such as a kobold bard turned Dragon Disciple singing something akin to a medieval version of the Land where the Dragons Dwell. THAT would make my day, as it would be humorous beyond words.

UglyPanda
2008-01-29, 07:09 PM
I've thought about this before and pictured it as a group of warchanters/seeker of the songs. One guy using Burning melody and inspire greatness, another using inspire courage and a war chanter song, and I couldn't think of the last one.

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-29, 07:15 PM
Heh...get a guitar made from adamantite and enchant it with shout...heavy metal...crank it up!:smallbiggrin:

Dr Bwaa
2008-01-29, 07:27 PM
I was in a party that included Justin Timberlake, an NPC bard with a magical "microphone." He brought sexy back a lot... Though not as much as my naked canoe-wielding (he specializes in the bat'leth but it was stolen by an epic wizard, so he's making do) dwarf fighter. I fully commend the Dragonforce idea though--good excuse to overplay it during D&D :smallbiggrin:

Swooper
2008-01-29, 07:30 PM
This (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=852283) is what you're looking for.

Patashu
2008-01-29, 09:39 PM
No! Your bard can not play Dragonforce.

Seriously.

holywhippet
2008-01-29, 10:00 PM
This (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=852283) is what you're looking for.

I have one objection to that PrC - it should require the bard to wear black leather - always and only.

Hawriel
2008-01-29, 10:06 PM
Heh...get a guitar made from adamantite and enchant it with shout...heavy metal...crank it up!:smallbiggrin:

It would have to amp things up to 11 and be a guitar of hast.

edit PS

It does not just have to be black leather but any clothing found on 80s early 90s hair or hevey metal bands.

ForzaFiori
2008-01-29, 10:18 PM
playing dragonforce should cause damage/round or dex. loss or something as your fingers start bleeding and tiring out from the insane playing. I mean come on, the band has TWO of the fastest guitarist out there, and you want 1 person to play it? that would be insane.

Ascension
2008-01-29, 10:27 PM
And have you ever seen a musician create arcane magical effects in real life? Face it, a level one D&D bard is better than any musician who has ever lived.

VanBuren
2008-01-29, 10:57 PM
playing dragonforce should cause damage/round or dex. loss or something as your fingers start bleeding and tiring out from the insane playing. I mean come on, the band has TWO of the fastest guitarist out there, and you want 1 person to play it? that would be insane.

It should require a DEX of 18 to even play it.

Godna
2008-01-29, 11:22 PM
any damage caused should over come DR/- for being made of the HARDEST METAL XD

Fuzzy_Juan
2008-01-30, 12:26 AM
:smallbiggrin: OMG that PrC kicks serious ass...

Soo awesome...I could see a party of bards taking the class and each one of them taking leadership...cohorts are 'managers' and 'rodies'...their followers...ever hear of the KISS army!

Heh...man...that would actually be an effective fighting force...a hige army lead by 4 high level bards buffing the combined followers of the 'band' with their music...Makes me wanna try that idea out...Hmmm...I think I found a new 'villian' to wage war against the stuffy church of St. Cuthbert :smalltongue:

The Faceless
2008-01-30, 01:27 AM

Also, have it made in the shape of a dragons skull and spine. And see if you can wangle having it made into something resembling a broom of flying (only you ride it like a surfboard instead). And include a slot to fit wands in so it can shoot fireballs and lightning bolts as well. And then give it the power to turn into an actual metallic dragon skeleton that breathes blasts of pure ROCK! at your enemies while you wail on one of your other magical guitars from on top of its skull.

Yeah, i've had this kind of idea turning over in my head for a while now. How can you tell?

Leon
2008-01-30, 06:28 AM
Hmm, makes me want to play a bard now - thats a first

Patashu
2008-01-30, 06:31 AM
After intense deliberation I have changed my mind as follows;

Heavy metal bards: Best anachronism ever.

Leon
2008-02-16, 08:27 AM
Hmm, makes me want to play a bard now - thats a first

And it did, although not quite a Heavy metal one. just a Skald inspired one

Burgo McSock
2008-02-16, 11:59 PM
Interestingly it has always been implied in our homebrewed setting that bards can and quite often do play heavy metal styled music through the use of enchanted instruments. We have never got around to actually writing the rules for it tho