PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy: 40k rpg system

Verruckt
2008-01-30, 02:57 AM
So a nice fat rulebook from the guys over at Black Industries showed up on the shelves of my local gaming store today. I'm just there with a friend for the Warmachine spring league, but I was scanning the shelves before a round when I kinda glazed over the book, seeing the spine I thought it was one of the fantasy rpg books and I kept going perusing the new SCION book for the rest of the day. It was only on the way out that I saw the cover, and nearly shat myself. The guy on the front was holding what could be nothing other then a Bolt Pistol, the rule book was surrounded by other various 40k paraphernalia (include the Damoclese Gulf primer) like a tiny shrine of grim future-y glory. Unfortunately I had to leave as soon as I saw it, so my question is this, to any who have seen the system at work, Is it a gem? Will it make a fluff geek like me cry tears of joy or sorrow? Or is it steaming warp feth fit only for an underhive latrine?

Swordguy
2008-01-30, 03:37 AM
I rather hope it's awesome; I've ordered mine and it should be here soon. However, you may want to see this: GW is stupid. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70852)

splatt
2008-02-05, 12:10 PM
ive just unwrappped the rule book from amazon, will let you know what its like when i have generated some characters and play tested it :D

GW are the usual money grabbing fools as ever! and the fact there stopping doing dark heresy and warhammer roleplay to concentrate on novels is disgusting but not exactly a shock given there track record, though the BI site is furnishing us with updates on pdf's :D

Tengu
2008-02-05, 12:14 PM
Wrong forum, lad. This one is for games other than pencil and paper RPGs.

Swordguy
2008-02-05, 12:51 PM
ive just unwrappped the rule book from amazon, will let you know what its like when i have generated some characters and play tested it :D

GW are the usual money grabbing fools as ever! and the fact there stopping doing dark heresy and warhammer roleplay to concentrate on novels is disgusting but not exactly a shock given there track record, though the BI site is furnishing us with updates on pdf's :D

Those updates will only be on the website till 1 month after the "Dark Lords of Chaos" book comes out.