PDA

View Full Version : Good PSP games

Mc. Lovin'
2008-01-30, 10:57 AM
Ever since I got my PSP I havnt really had any good games for it (the exception being Worms), and I just left it on my shelf letting it collect dust, not bothering to keep up with the new games out for it.
But recently I've had an urge to get back into PSP games, so what's good out there for PSP?

Tengu
2008-01-30, 12:39 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics!

Raroy
2008-01-30, 04:38 PM
Final Fantasy tactics
Valkyrie Profile (Too bad the second one wasn't that good)
Daxter

Luminous?

And........that one game.......with the giant orange thing.......Loco Roco?

Joran
2008-01-30, 05:37 PM
Depends on your likes/dislikes:

There are a pretty nice assortment of Strategy RPGs for the PSP: Disgaea, Jean d'Arc, FF:Tactics (two of which are ports/remakes).

For the surreal, Loco Roco and and the upcoming Patapon.

And then if you own a PS2, you can basically find whatever you liked on that system and then look for the port ;)

Ranis
2008-01-30, 07:09 PM
There are good PSP games?

Malic
2008-02-02, 10:13 AM
I like Luminous. The Tony Hawk games are still kinda fun if you've played them before.

Sneak
2008-02-02, 10:19 AM
My favorite PSP game would have to Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, which was actually a very cool game. However, if you aren't partial to stealth-based 3rd person shooters, it may not be for you.

spacewolves
2008-02-03, 08:36 PM
How could you ever go wrong with the original Final Fantasy remake?

JabberwockySupafly
2008-02-03, 08:54 PM
People have mentioned Final Fantasy Tactics & Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness, which are both great ports of great games.

Other titles to give a shot are:

Me & My Katamari - if you liked either of the PS2 Katamari games then this is for you. Very zany, addictive, and simple game.

Brave Story: New Traveller - excellent "classic style" console RPG.

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - Simple game. Hunt monsters, skin them for parts. use those parts to make bigger weapons to hunt monsters. Choose from Longsword, Greatsword, Sword & Shield, Dual Swords, Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Bow, Light Bow Gun, or Heavy Bow Gun for your weapon class, which you can change up as often as you like. 1000's of actual weapons and armors to equip. Epic You vs. GYNORMOUS MONSTERS battles.

It takes strategy, luck, patience, and skill to play this game. I'm very partial to this game myself, and so are a great many people. Just to warn you, if you do end up liking it, you will rack up over 200 hours playing this game. It came out in Australia in August '07. By early November, i had 200 hours on it. I lent it to a friend simply because I was ignoring all my other games for it.

Best part about this game is if you have friends nearby who play PSP, and they own a copy, you can do group missins in the Guild Hall. It's good fun hunting down something like a Teostra or a Kushala Daora (youtube those names to understand what I am talking about) with a few friends.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection - Tekken. On the go. 'Nuff said.

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles - Great game for Akumaju Dracula fans, especially if you liked Symphony of the Night, because you can unlock it on this game. It's actually 4 games in one. Rondo of Blood 2.5d, Rondo of Blood Original, Symphony of the Night, and Castlevania Peke. That's not counting all the Boss Rush Modes, the Play as Richter or Maria in SOTN modes, ect ect. A lot of replayability for some great games.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-02-04, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the replies, but a lot of the game sudgestions seem to be "If you liked the original", but as I have never ownd a playsation that seems unlikly :smalltongue:

JabberwockySupafly
2008-02-04, 03:48 PM
You don't really have to had played the original to play PSP port or sequel of a PS2 title. Just give them a shot. Go to your local Game Stop/EB Games and buy them there. They usually give a 7 day no questions asked return policy as long you're not buying something that requires online registration like WoW. That way you can buy it, give it a shot, and if you don't like it, take it back. Although I do re-suggest Me & My Katamari, it's completely absurd and so very simply yet you get addicted after you play the first real level (not counting the tutorial). I think I actually like it better than the original titles simply because it's On-The-Go. Now, I have to get back to watching Paprika, also on my PSP... weird coincidence.

Sneak
2008-02-04, 06:28 PM
In fact, it's probably better to get them if you've never played the original—that means it'll be new fun for you, instead of old fun.

As for games I recommend...

Well, I've already mentioned Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (as I said, it's a 3rd person stealth shooter, although it can be played without stealth on easier difficults...and I think a sequel's coming out soon), and I'd like to second Daxter (fun 3d platformer adventure type of game), and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (awesome turn-based strategy game with an awesome storyline and a few spiffy new animated cutscenes along with the old yet still visually appealing sprites).

Eldritch_Ent
2008-02-04, 06:37 PM
Generally, the people I know who have and really enjoy their PSP's don't use them for games. They use them for watching movies, listening to music surfing the net, and emulating older games.