PDA

View Full Version : Biorhythmic Maestro

firepup
2008-01-30, 01:52 PM
This was a class I was going to do for one of the competitions on GITP a long,long, time ago, and I was too late to enter for, so I let it rot. now, looking through my stuff that could possibly be neat folder, I figure I might as well see what the playground thinks of it.

The world has a song, though most don’t listen for it, I am the world’s maestro.
- Famous Biorythmic maestro.

Many people look for a medium to express their creativity, some find it in directing the creativity others make, some find it controlling the music people make without noticing, what many call a biorhythm, able to help their allies and hinder their opponents in a different way, while listening to the music that most never get to hear the sweetness of.

HD: D6

The Biorhythmic Maestro’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Profession (Maestro) (Wis), Concentration (Con) and Listen (Wis).

Requirements
Skills: Listen 8 ranks, Profession (maestro) 8 ranks
Special: Must have listened to a living thing as it died peacefully.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0|Biorhythm hearing|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0|Biorhythm maestro +1|-

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+1|Fast healing 1, Biorhythm sense|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+1|Biorhythm maestro +2|-

5th|
+2|
+4|
+2|
+2|-|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+5|
+2|
+2|Biorhythm maestro +3|-

7th|
+3|
+5|
+3|
+3|Fast Healing 2|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+6|
+3|
+3|Biorhythm maestro +4|-

9th|
+4|
+6|
+4|
+4|M ulti-Maestro|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+5|
+7|
+4|
+4|Biorhythm maestro +5, Fast Healing 3, End the dark symphony, Symphony of Life |- [/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Biorhythm Maestro gains no proficiency with any weapons or armor.

Spells per Day: Every other time a new Biorhythm Maestro level is gained the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in any one arcane spellcasting class before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Biorhythm hearing (EX): The Biorhythm Maestro has gained the ability to hear biorhythms, which all living creatures emit naturally. Undead also have a biorhythm, which is highly discordant to the point of causing the Biorythmic Maestro pain that others whom are too dull-sensed to notice, do not experience. Whenever the Biorhythmic Maestro makes a listen check (s)he automatically gains +1 to listen to notice living or undead creatures. However each undead creature sensed in this way causes a Biorhythmic Maestro 1 hp of subdual damage.

Biorhythm Sense (EX): The Biorhythm Maestro has heard enough of biorhythms to be able to see living things with them without her eyes. If the Biorhythm Maestro is blinded or otherwise incapable of seeing an opponent, (s)he may spend a round listening to the biorhythms around her/him and be able to attack as if the opponent was not concealed.

Biorhythm Maestro (SU): At level two the Biorhythmic Maestro has learned how to conduct the power of life somewhat and may make a Profession (Maestro) to give a single unit a temporary positive or negative one modifier to one of its physical scores, however (s)he cannot do two or more on a single target while one is in effect, before obtaining Multi-Maestro. A willing target’s DC is 20 plus fortitude bonus plus the absolute value of the modifier. An unwilling target may make a fortitude roll, if the fortitude roll plus the absolute value of the modifier is lower than if the target was willing use the willing modifier instead. (S)He may use this ability level/day, it lasts level/round. This ability increases to two at level four, three at level six, four at level eight and five at level ten.

Fast Healing (EX): At level three the Maestro has permanently altered his/her biorhythm so (s)he may heal faster. However, (s)he loses this if undead with hit dice equal to all his/her levels are within hearing distance. This ability increases to two at level three, and to three at level ten.

Multi-Maestro (SU): The Biorhythmic Maestro has almost mastered his/her skill and may bestow two different stat modifiers to one living being, equal to his/her modifier with one use of Biorhythmic Maestro.

End the Dark symphony (SU): The maestro has learned how to end an undead’s existence she may destroy any undead which have total hit dice which are equal to or less than his/her hit dice within a radius of 200 feet from the caster. Undead may make a will save to instead take 1d12+ however much the Maestro made his Profession (Maestro) check (S)He must make a DC 30 Profession (Maestro) check. A Biorhythmic Maestro may only use Symphony of Life or End the Dark Symphony once per day.

Symphony of Life (SU): The Maestro is of such advanced skill (s)he may maestro an entire battlefield slowing the bleeding of the wounded to a crawl. this ability negates any wounding weapons effects while active and and characters are automatically stabilized should they go into negative HPs. (s)He must make a DC30 Profession (Maestro) check. A Biorythmic Maestro may only use Symphony of Life or End the Dark Symphony once per day.

Kai-Palin
2008-01-30, 02:35 PM
This class is certainly interesting. But THREE class skills?!? That's a bit ridiculous. There ought to be at least some form of knowledge, (religion) usually being the one relating to undead, and perform of some sort.

The class needs skill points per level, probably no more than 2+Int/level until you add more class skills, and you probably ought to correct the thread title spelling, since you spell it correctly everywhere else.

A 10 level class table can be found in the first post of this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313).

At some places in ability descriptions, it might be easier to use the word 'conduct' instead of 'be a maestro for'. Also, adding 'check' after Profession (Maestro) makes a bit more sense.

At what level does the maestro get the ability "Biorhythm Sense"? It is not in your table, nor is it in the ability description itself. The ability itself could use clarification. Does the maestro gain an ability akin to blindsense or blindsight?

For Multi-Maestro, does altering two physical attributes count as two uses, or does a single use now allow alteration of two attributes?

End the Dark Symphony and Symphony of Life need a lot of statting out. First of all, when it says that "A Biorhythmic Maestro may only use Symphony of Life or End the Dark Symphony once per day." that means that the abilities are mutually exclusive and the Maestro chooses which to use every day.

When an undead is 'ended' I imagine you destroy it. Now, at what range can this ability be used, and can it destroy multiple undead if their HD total is less than your HD? Why don't the targeted undead get some sort of save to resist?

For Symphony of Life, what is the range for this ability? What does it actually do, besides negate sources of continuous damage?

firepup
2008-01-30, 02:52 PM
This class is certainly interesting. But THREE class skills?!? That's a bit ridiculous. There ought to be at least some form of knowledge, (religion) usually being the one relating to undead, and perform of some sort.

The class needs skill points per level, probably no more than 2+Int/level until you add more class skills, and you probably ought to correct the thread title spelling, since you spell it correctly everywhere else.

A 10 level class table can be found in the first post of this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313).

At some places in ability descriptions, it might be easier to use the word 'conduct' instead of 'be a maestro for'. Also, adding 'check' after Profession (Maestro) makes a bit more sense.

At what level does the maestro get the ability "Biorhythm Sense"? It is not in your table, nor is it in the ability description itself. The ability itself could use clarification. Does the maestro gain an ability akin to blindsense or blindsight?

For Multi-Maestro, does altering two physical attributes count as two uses, or does a single use now allow alteration of two attributes?

End the Dark Symphony and Symphony of Life need a lot of statting out. First of all, when it says that "A Biorhythmic Maestro may only use Symphony of Life or End the Dark Symphony once per day." that means that the abilities are mutually exclusive and the Maestro chooses which to use every day.

When an undead is 'ended' I imagine you destroy it. Now, at what range can this ability be used, and can it destroy multiple undead if their HD total is less than your HD? Why don't the targeted undead get some sort of save to resist?

For Symphony of Life, what is the range for this ability? What does it actually do, besides negate sources of continuous damage?
okay, more class skills might be needed. Yeah, I need to stat out the ulti abilities more now that you mention it. and the multi-maestroing ability too.
I've basically been the only one to look through this since now. I'll start hammering it out.