PDA

View Full Version : Good spells for a 17th level cleric of Tiamat

playswithfire
2008-01-30, 03:44 PM
I respectfully ask for the playground's help; here's the rough outline of the character.

Lawful Evil Dwarf Cleric 7/Dracolyte 10
Domains are Dragon, Destruction and Domination
Weapon is a splitting light crossbow

Needs to do some healing; only other sources are a wand of cure light wounds and some devoted spirit maneuvers (not many).

Other that that, I'm open to suggestions

Other party members are a halfling outrider (charging damage dealer)
human bard/crusader/war chanter (buffing and secondary melee damage)
Raptoran Dragonfire adept with wand bracers (enemy debuffing)

I don't own spell compendium, so if recommendations could be limited to Core, Completes and maybe one or two from BoVD, I'd appreciate it.

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-01-30, 04:19 PM
Wait a minute, you're an evil cleric, evil clerics can't get good spells!:smalltongue:

I'm sorry I couldn't resist

playswithfire
2008-01-30, 04:26 PM
Wow; just wow.

Mainly at the fact that I really didn't see that coming. Any actual suggestions for Recommended spells?

RTGoodman
2008-01-30, 04:46 PM
Well, the vigor line of spells is good, but I'm not sure where it's from (either SC or Complete Divine, I think). For out-of-combat healing, it's better than the cure spells, from what I understand. There are several healing spells in Complete Champion, but I don't know if that's an option.

I guess you could just have the whole party take the Tomb-Tainted Soul feat - it lets them be healed by negative energy, while you can conveniently provide with spontaneous inflict spells.

For non-healing spells, you should check out Races of the Dragon, Draconomicon, and Dragon Magic. The first two should have some decent dragon-themed stuff for you, and Dragon Magic has at least a few cool spells. The one I'm thinking of is called Aspect of the Five-Fold Dragon or something like that - it lets you polymorph into an Aspect of Tiamat, which is always cool. I'm not sure if it's a Cleric spell or just Sorcerer, but if I DMed your campaign I'd probably allow it for such a dragon-oriented character.

Thrawn183
2008-01-30, 09:16 PM
Fortunate Fate from the Spell Compendium: if someone would die from something that would be healed by Heal, they get Heal cast on them. Really helps out with not needing to waste actions in the middle of combat healing someone. Combine with death ward and everyone becomes surprisingly difficult to kill.

AslanCross
2008-01-30, 10:50 PM
For massive destruction, take fire storm and storm of vengeance.

Healing spells aren't limited to good, so you should be able to take heal and the vigor lines.