PDA

View Full Version : Adblock: quick question

Sir_Norbert
2008-01-30, 07:44 PM
As I said, a quick question.

I use Mozilla Firefox. On another forum I frequent, I used to be able to block out avatars -- there were certain images I found disturbing or just annoying and didn't want them spoiling my reading pleasure. Now it seems I can't do that any more -- when I do the same thing I did before, right-click and choose "Block images from..." from the menu, it blocks all avatars from that forum. Why? Is it because the forum itself has changed the way avatars are stored? Is there any way I can block certain avatars without losing all of them?

Samiam303
2008-01-30, 07:57 PM
That "Block Images From..." thing is just a feature of firefox. What you want to be doing is rightclicking the image and hitting "Adblock Image".

Raiser Blade
2008-01-30, 08:40 PM
As I said, a quick question.

I use Mozilla Firefox. On another forum I frequent, I used to be able to block out avatars -- there were certain images I found disturbing or just annoying and didn't want them spoiling my reading pleasure. Now it seems I can't do that any more -- when I do the same thing I did before, right-click and choose "Block images from..." from the menu, it blocks all avatars from that forum. Why? Is it because the forum itself has changed the way avatars are stored? Is there any way I can block certain avatars without losing all of them?

I hope I am not one of the causes of this.

Sir_Norbert
2008-01-30, 10:06 PM
I did say another forum.

And thanks Sam. Just me being forgetful after all. Can this topic be locked now?