PDA

View Full Version : 4th edition: How long until the windlings show up?

horseboy
2008-01-30, 09:17 PM
Well, given that the only two things missing from Earthdawn in 4th edition are the importance of legend and windlings. Given WotC's lack of understanding of the importance of meat (Nods to Mark) in a system. They're going to overlook legends as "unimportant fluff". This just leaves windlings. With all this talk of fae this and fae that has anyone seen any talk of a playable 18" tall winged fae?

tyckspoon
2008-01-30, 09:21 PM
With all this talk of fae this and fae that has anyone seen any talk of a playable 18" tall winged fae?

.. pixies, sprites, grigs? There's already all sorts of playable really small fey.

horseboy
2008-01-30, 09:23 PM
But are they going to be in the 4.0 MMI?

Fax Celestis
2008-01-30, 09:29 PM
The 4eMM promises to contain any creature that's in the Desert of Desolation minis set. I don't think there's any fey in that set, though I doubt that they'll avoid fey considering there's a whole plane (the Feywild) dedicated to them.

Darkxarth
2008-01-30, 09:52 PM
The 4eMM promises to contain any creature that's in the Desert of Desolation minis set. I don't think there's any fey in that set, though I doubt that they'll avoid fey considering there's a whole plane (the Feywild) dedicated to them.

No, see, they include one or two Fey creatures at first.

Then in two months they release the Feywild supplement book.

I don't know who the Windlings are (shame on me I'm sure) but I doubt they'll be included in MM1.

Fhaolan
2008-01-31, 12:15 AM
No, see, they include one or two Fey creatures at first.

Then in two months they release the Feywild supplement book.

I don't know who the Windlings are (shame on me I'm sure) but I doubt they'll be included in MM1.

Windlings are one of the standard PC races in the Earthdawn game. Pixies in the 3.5 MM are the closest match (but are 2-3' tall instead of the windling 1 1/2' tall). Previous editions had sprites and pixies being much smaller, more like a windling in size.

Given that the Feywild has been mentioned several times to be part of the new core cosmology, I would be suprised if pixies (or sprites) didn't appear as a playable race in the first 4ed MM.