PDA

View Full Version : Team Alignment (Rival Adventurers)

Star_Rider
2008-01-30, 10:24 PM
I'm a DM who likes comedy in my campaigns, and after seeing the Prism Rangers on Disgaea 2 and Team Rocket on Pokemon, I decided on making a rival adventuring party named Team Alignment. They are actually good natured guys with a hatred for wrong-doing, but they always end up fighting for the wrong side. They usually blunder, argue with each other, complain about people not hearing about them, and generally act kind of lame. They are all Good aligned, but one is lawful, the other chaotic, and the other neutral. Law is the leader and the one with a mock-heroic sounding voice. Chaos speaks in a high pitched and annoying voice, and never sticks to what he says he's going to do. Neutral is the Cool bishonen type guy who all the girls swoon over because of his carefree and calm attitude. They always start battle off with their trademark motto.
Please tell me what you think and feel free to tell me any changes that should be made. Also feel free to make any adjustments to their motto (though make sure it rhymes). Law, Chaos, and Neutral are all lvl. 5 for now.
-----------------------------------------------------
TEAM ALIGNMENT!
Law: "Halt evildoers!"
(Usually where the players face-palm or sigh deeply}
Chaos: "The battle's begun!"
Neutral: "Though we may be separate..."
(They jump down from the sky/ceiling)
All: "WE FIGHT AS ONE!"
Law (while posing heroically): "I am Law! I eat villains with mustard!"
Chaos (posing flamboyantly): "I'm Chaos! Without me life loses it's luster!"
Neutral (running his fingers through his hair): "When Neutral's around the girls get a little flustered..."
All (putting hands together): "We're TEAM ALIGNMENT!"
(all raise hands in the air, accompanied by background pyrotechnics that deal 2d6 fire damage to anything right on them)
All: "THE CRIME BUSTERS!"
-------------------------------------
Law
Medium Humanoid
HD: 5d10 (fixed at 50hp)
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Init: +0
AC: 19 (+7 half-plate, +1 shield), touch 10, flat-footed 19
BAB: +5; Grp +3
Attack: Gavel +3 melee
Full-Attack: Pushing Kick melee, Gavel +3 melee
Damage: Gavel (1d8 +3)
Space: 5 ft.; Reach: 10 ft. (Gavel)
Special Attacks: Morale Boost
Saves: Fort +4 Ref +1 Will +3
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills: Diplomacy +3, Sense Motive +2, Knowledge(Religion) +1
Feats: Whirlwind Attack (special), Iron Will
Environment: Various
Organization: Team Alignment
Challenge Rating: (edit later)
Treasure: None
Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Class: Paladin

Law is a brawny servant of Heironeous and a chivalrous force for good. Or at least he and his teammates think so. He hates injustice (and is unaware of the injustice he causes) and will always order his squad to attack anyone who looks even remotely out of the norm. Out of the three team alignment members, he seems to take it the hardest when his group's credibility is mentioned, and he hates hearing people say that they don't know about his heroic exploits. Law tends to give out orders with a deep boisterous voice, that may or may not be his attempt at sounding intimidating. He is the most muscular out of the group, and he carries his favored weapon around on his shoulder. A gigantic Judge's gavel.

COMBAT:
Law favors going in and finishing the job rather than confounding the enemy with fancy tricks. He always goes for the stronger foe, confident that his heroic stature will send them running before he even touches them.

Pushing Kick: When Law can make two attack actions, he can perform a Pushing Kick that shoves the opponent backward 5 feet before attacking with his gavel. This does no damage, but it does reduce the needed natural roll for a critical hit to 18. This move has no effect on creatures bigger than medium size. The wider critical hit range only lasts for the round it was activated.

Morale Boost (Ex): Once per battle, Law may feel the need to boost his subordinates' performance. When he does so, he bangs his gavel on his shield, creating a sonic frequency that inspires his teammates. The 30ft radius this move creates provides a +2 (plus an additional one for every two more levels) bonus to attack and damage checks to any ally within reach. This effect lasts 3 rounds.

Chaos
Medium Humanoid
HD: 5d6 (fixed at 30hp)
Speed: 35 ft. (7 squares)
Init: +3 (Dex)
AC: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 padded), touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+50%?)
BAB: +3; Grp +1
Attack: TwinBlade +2 melee, BigBlade +3 melee
Full-Attack: TwinBlade +2 melee, BigBlade +3 melee
Space: 5 ft.; Reach: 5 ft. (10ft with BigBlade)
Special Attacks: Chaos Wave
Saves: Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +1
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15
Skills: Jump +3, Listen +2, Spot +2, Escape Artist +3
Feats: Stealthy
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Character Class: Rogue

A rogue from the Eastern Sect of the Thieve's Guild, Chaos fights for truth, justice, and sparkely things. Or so says his resume. Chaos is an erratic and spontaneous soul, never sticking to what he says he's going to do, ending up doing something entirely different. He does this in battle too, which really peeves off Law in times of crisis. However, he is an important asset to the team, confusing and confounding his opponents while his teammates finish them off. Chaos tends to speak in a high squeaky voice. Chaos owns two blades called TwinBlade and BigBlade. These blades start twirling at remarkable speeds as soon as a battle starts.

COMBAT:
Chaos is always one to dazzle his opponents before attacking them or leaving them to Law and Neutral. He'll try his best to make use of any dirty trick he can muster, including traps, smoke bombs, and his signature move, Chaos Wave.

Twirling BigBlade (Ex): Because Chaos' BigBlade continually spins, there is a 50% chance that physical melee and ranged attacks will glance off the blade, protecting Chaos from harm. The blade does not protect from spells, however, with the exception of Magic Missiles.

Chaos Wave (Sp): Once per battle, Chaos may choose to awaken a sinister energy from within himself that spreads forward in a 30ft cone. The blurry multi colored energy spreads over anyone in the cone and confuses them (as the spell cast by a 5th level Wizard) unless they succeed a DC 15 Will save. Note that this move does not effect blind creatures. Affected targets are confused for 1d4+1 rounds.

Neutral
Medium Humanoid
HD: 5d6 (fixed at 30hp)
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Init: +2 (Dex)
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 chain shirt), touch 12, flat-footed 14
BAB: +5; Grp +0
Attack: Andromeda (Short sword) +1 melee
Full-Attack: Andromeda x4 +1 melee
Damage: Andromeda 1d6 +1
Space: 5 ft.; Reach: 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Neutral Flare, Seduce
Saves: Fort +4 Ref +3 Will +3
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +3, Move Silently +2, Knowledge(local) +2
Feats: Silent Spell, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes
Treasure: A single unbreakable comb with three rare white opals embedded in it's platinum frame.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Character Class: Eldritch Knight

Born from a rich Upper-Class father and a stunningly beautiful Nymph mother, Neutral can be instantly recognized by his remarkable good looks, silvery-snow-white hair, and devil-may-care attitude, all of which make him the most popular member of Team Alignment. That is, assuming Team Alignment has any fans. He always keeps a cool head, even in desperate times, and is usually the voice of reason in the group. Groups of girls usually surround any building he enters hoping to catch either a glimpse of him, or his dazzling comb, which is beset with the rarest gems on the continent. His short sword, the Andromeda, is always by his side. He calls it his one true love.

COMBAT:
Neutral is always laid-back in battle and always considers his moves before he acts. He will try to get as close to an opponent as possible and feign an attack, or even use the tried and true "Whoa what's THAT!?" He will never attack a female opponent, and will instead try to charm her with either his dashing good looks, or a more straightforward charm person spell.

Neutral Flare (Ex): Once per battle, Neutral can throw a radiant stare at an opponent. This devastating glare makes the target feel small and insignificant, cursing them with a -2 morale penalty to attack and damage rolls. Has no effect on characters or monsters with 18 Charisma or above, and the target must be able to see Neutral's eyes. The target can attempt a DC 17 Reflex save to look away before the stare takes effect. The victim returns to normal after 3 rounds.

Seduce (Sp): Once for each female, humanoid enemy on the field, Neutral can attempt to seduce one of them with his incredible handsomeness and collected demeanor. He simply needs to take one standard action to flick his hair and and pull a devilish grin. Any and all female humanoids facing his front will become flustered and charmed, as though by charm person cast by a 5th level Sorcerer. The target is entitled to a DC 15 Will save to avoid becoming infatutated. The target remains infatuated for 4 rounds.

Spells: Blink, charm person, charm monster, glibness.

Ascension
2008-01-30, 11:04 PM
I love Team Alignment. They're completely silly, and they certainly wouldn't fit in a standard D&D setting, but they're pretty hilarious. The only thing that confuses me is Neutral not being a bard. I mean, come on, the whole charisma thing? He screams bard.

Neek
2008-01-30, 11:22 PM
These guys are awesome. Also, Law's Pushing Kick, how long does it last?

Star_Rider
2008-01-31, 01:48 AM
I love Team Alignment. They're completely silly, and they certainly wouldn't fit in a standard D&D setting, but they're pretty hilarious. The only thing that confuses me is Neutral not being a bard. I mean, come on, the whole charisma thing? He screams bard.

Thanks! :smallsmile:

Well, Neutral's a 5th level Eldritch Knight, which means he would have to have an arcane spell casting class crossing into a fighter or vice versa, so I go with the back story that he started off as a bard, but wanted a little more "oomph." Also, I personally find it easier to picture a knight as dead-sexy. :smallbiggrin:

These guys are awesome. Also, Law's Pushing Kick, how long does it last?

Only on the same round he used it. After he attacks with his gavel, the roll for crit goes back to normal. Of course, the victim still stays that 5 feet backward.

Serrae
2008-01-31, 07:01 AM
Sounds great, I can just imagine one of my old Dm's using them in a game, I can also picture him constantly using Law's pushing kick on anyone with reach/ranged weapon/spells, he was like that :smallconfused:

Also I'd like to vote for a bardic neutral! Come on your making a silly team and nothing spells silly like someone doing nothing all combat but singing, can't you picture a bard singing the team alignment theme song while the other two do alle the work, and from their personality would get a good morale boost from someone singing a song about them too!

BisectedBrioche
2008-01-31, 07:10 AM
Wait, are the pyrotechnics which appear in their motto based around some sort of item/spell or do they just come from nowhere?

Fiery Diamond
2008-01-31, 10:15 AM
Absolutely hilarious. I, too, vote for bard.
Although, on a slightly different note, I'd say that a number of bishounen characters would better be classified (not this one that you've created, though) as Chaotic. This just made me think of it. Like, say, Inuyashsa.

Shademan
2008-01-31, 10:29 AM
im gonna have nightmares of these guys XD

DracoDei
2008-01-31, 10:42 AM
Chaos flare and both of Neutral's abilities should probably have saving throws and/or finite durations.

Lyesmith
2008-01-31, 11:22 AM
I think on the motto, perhaps, "When Neutral's around the girls get a little flustered..." could get changed to "When Neutral's around the ladies get flustered..." , which i though would fit the rhyming scheme a little better.
No other comments, though. it sounds wonderfull!

Star_Rider
2008-02-01, 02:15 AM
I think on the motto, perhaps, "When Neutral's around the girls get a little flustered..." could get changed to "When Neutral's around the ladies get flustered..."

Yeah I geuss I'll change that part. I just needed to make it long enough to fully play out his hair flicking. XD

Chaos flare and both of Neutral's abilities should probably have saving throws and/or finite durations.

Woops! Looks like I've got some editing to do! O.o

im gonna have nightmares of these guys XD

You and my Group Shademan. You and my Group. XD

I'd say that a number of bishounen characters would better be classified (not this one that you've created, though) as Chaotic.

If you've ever seen Ouran High School Host Club you'll know who I based him off of. Then again, that guy's a little chaotic too... Crap. :smallconfused:

Wait, are the pyrotechnics which appear in their motto based around some sort of item/spell or do they just come from nowhere?

They only seem to come from nowhere. In reality they are small brown discs that are thrown to the ground when the team falls from the sky. They explode 2 seconds after they shout "TEAM ALIGNMENT!" Though I don't want to tell my players this 'cause they might shout TEAM ALIGNMENT just to throw them off. And in the end, all they have is their rythm...and each other.

Also I'd like to vote for a bardic neutral! Come on your making a silly team and nothing spells silly like someone doing nothing all combat but singing, can't you picture a bard singing the team alignment theme song while the other two do alle the work, and from their personality would get a good morale boost from someone singing a song about them too!

Yeah but Neutral's not supposed to be one of the silly ones. He's the cool-cat-of-the-club. He's the voice of reason and lady killer. And Law's already got something that boosts morale.

Besides. Team Alignment doesn't have a theme song.

Xuincherguixe
2008-02-01, 03:09 AM
That's definitely the encounter to throw at the brooding anti hero :P

They'd be shot before they could finish their introduction.

And everyone would thank him for that.

Star_Rider
2008-02-01, 03:24 AM
That's definitely the encounter to throw at the brooding anti hero :P

They'd be shot before they could finish their introduction.

And everyone would thank him for that.

..........:smalleek:

Oh crap you're right! I can't really stop the players from attacking during their motto!

God I hope they don't figure this out. :smallbiggrin:

Shademan
2008-02-01, 03:33 AM
well that would certenly make stuff interesting!

"waaaait! you cannot attack now! we must say our motto!"
"bullshi-"
"ARGH! MY BLADDER!"

hey! if you dont have any "visuals" of them maybe i could raw them? Anime style! sounds like real fun! X]

Star_Rider
2008-02-01, 03:40 AM
well that would certenly make stuff interesting!

"waaaait! you cannot attack now! we must say our motto!"
"bullshi-"
"ARGH! MY BLADDER!"

hey! if you dont have any "visuals" of them maybe i could draw them? Anime style! sounds like real fun! X]

Well, I do have drawings of them, but please go right ahead. I gotta see another artist's rendition of them. That'd be badass. XD

It would also be awesome to see them OOTS-like, but I'll probably do that myself. Like I did with my avatar..... on MS Paint.....
*sigh*:smallsigh: I need to get Photoshop.

Ascension
2008-02-01, 04:46 AM
Ah, but talking is a free action (usually)! Their motto technically doesn't take any time to say at all! Or, if you don't feel you can justify that you can give them a surprise round every time they show up and allow them to say their motto before the normal initiative sequence begins.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-01, 05:38 AM
Maybe you could just grant them some sort of A/A device;

Opening Speech Kit (minor artifact)
Created by the anchient empire of Lon'guh sp'esh this was intended to give the user the opportunity to taunt their opponent before battle. Once per day the owner and any of their allies may spend up to two rounds making a Perform, Diplomacy or Intimidate check. While this is happening it is physically impossible to attack the owner or their allies as long as they do nothing but make Perform, Diplomacy or Intimidate checks.

And just for fun;

Blade of the Easily Annoyed (minor artifact)
Created by the rival Sh'hut'hup empire, anyone who weilds this +1, keen, thundering blade may attack someone using the Opening Speech Kit normally.

Star_Rider
2008-02-01, 08:36 PM
Both good suggestions.

Well, I personally think that anyone would be surprised if not confused by three guys falling from the sky.

The Sh'hut'hup Empire? Come on. XD

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-01, 09:41 PM
I would just make it an ability that they all have that when they use it, enemies are stunned for one round.

Xuincherguixe
2008-02-01, 10:55 PM
I would just make it an ability that they all have that when they use it, enemies are stunned for one round.

Yeah, but that's not as funny as attacking them in the middle.