PDA

View Full Version : mp3 HELP PLEASE

LordOfNarf
2008-01-30, 11:17 PM
I just got the iriver clix for my birthday, and I am having an ecceedingly difficult time using it.

I have a couple of major problems, one:

I use iTunes as my music player, but irivir deos not accept iTunes, how do I convert and copy all my files into Windows media player?

Two:

When I first plugged in my iriver, a black screen titled charging came up, but after the first time I turned it on, the player actually starts up, but does not respond to commands, is this normal?

Any help, especially on the first one, is very much appreciated.

Haruki-kun
2008-01-30, 11:27 PM
Open the folder with the files in them. Select a file, right click on it, go to "open with", then "select program....."

Note: Windows Media option might be right there, but click "select program...." so you can make it your main player.

Then select Windows media and click on the little box that lets you select it as you rmain player (I don't know what it reads. My computer's in Spanish. :smallsigh: ) Finally, click OK, and your Music Files Icons should change to Windows Media.

Syka
2008-01-30, 11:41 PM
Open the folder with the files in them. Select a file, right click on it, go to "open with", then "select program....."

Note: Windows Media option might be right there, but click "select program...." so you can make it your main player.

Then select Windows media and click on the little box that lets you select it as you rmain player (I don't know what it reads. My computer's in Spanish. :smallsigh: ) Finally, click OK, and your Music Files Icons should change to Windows Media.

I know totally not on topic, but should I take that to meant that you do NOT want your computer to be in Spanish? oO

Cheers,
Syka

Gungnir
2008-01-31, 12:01 AM
I prefer players that let you drag-and-drop your music. Syncing them with media players always feels clunky.

RandomLogic
2008-01-31, 12:13 AM
I believe the Iriver does allow you to drag and drop files.

That being said, as long as you have the files in iTunes as mp3's and not aac format (drm protected) you are in the clear.

Basically all you do is you tell WMP that all your music is in some folder, we'll assume its called 'Music' and you just tell WMP to import all those files into your Library, so basically all you are doing is associating the location with WMP so that it knows where stuff is. Thats pretty much it, on the Iriver side I don't know much about its front end but I'm pretty sure it does drag and drop so all you do is select all the Mp3's you want on it and then copy and paste em into the clix! Also the WMP support should allow you to create playlists, but since I hate WMP I can't help you there.

Good luck!

blackfox
2008-01-31, 09:31 PM
I have a Creative Zen Vision: M, and I buy music from iTunes. What I usually do is buy 5-10 songs at a time and burn them to a CD, then rip the CD with Windows Media Player or the software that came with my Zen. WMP rips into .wmv format by default IIRC (you can change it) and my Zen's software rips to .mp3 format by default. This is nice because I also have a hard copy of whatever music I had in case my computer explodes.