PDA

View Full Version : Altaïr versus Artemis entreri

Zenos
2008-01-31, 03:41 PM
The background, those two assassins have been called upon to kill a rich merchant in Neverwinter, Altaïr having been Gated in from the elemental plane of Awesome. They are both allowed to attack the other to win, but not kill each other. Both are given 200,000 gp to buy magic items and hire people to help. The merchant lives in a house heavily guarded by guardsmen wielding magical longbows and longswords, and the house has several traps installed, mostly mechanical, but some magical.
By the way, Altaïr has been taught how to speak Common.

The question now is, who is gonna kill the merchant and get the reward?

EDIT: And Altaïr is not limited by the Assassin's creed.

EvilElitest
2008-01-31, 05:11 PM
what other thing has Altair appeared in other than assassins creed?

Are the guards as color blind as the guards in the game?
from
EE

SilentNight
2008-01-31, 07:17 PM
Is this before or after Entreri lost his magic-absorbing gauntlet? I would have to give it to Entreri due to the facts that A:Altair has little or no experience with real magic due to his area of orgin. And B:Altair's abilities are better used outside rather than inside. So Altair is pretty gymped from the start. In this scenario there is almost no competition.

MeklorIlavator
2008-01-31, 07:21 PM
Is the gold limit for all of their magical items, or do they keep any items that they had previously in their possession(Entreri's daggar or sword)?

Mr. Scaly
2008-01-31, 07:22 PM
If I had played Assassin's Creed I coul contribute something meaningful...as it is though, I'm going to support the one who regularly fought a living Plot Device and came out as an equal.

That is to say I vote for Entreri.

Zenos
2008-02-01, 08:24 AM
All magic items count agaistn the 200,000 gp limit on items owned/services hired.
The guards are fairly inattentive, but they're big and tough.

I think that Altaïr could get an advantage if he set fire to the merchant's house, thereby chasing the merchant out on the street where Altaïr can use his superb free-running skills to full effect. Although I suppose Artemis could get some advantage simply because he is more used to the magic.

Adumbration
2008-02-01, 08:40 AM
I think it's likely that the merchant's house is protected from flames.

I give my vote to Entreri. He's just that cool.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-01, 09:58 AM
De guards! DE DO NUTHIN!

....Thats the sort of sentiment that I think the merchant would express if Entreri got into the house with him. Followed by a swift and most likely horrible death.

I mean really...all he'd really need do is use all his fold to 'pay' for Charon's Claw and a regular dagger, message the merchant saying he wants to sell a unique sword to him (but not naming it) and then when they meet just hand that demon blade to him. Bing. Done. Then it's just a matter of escaping which, I'm pretty sure the merchant's screams probably alerted the guards so THAT'D be the difficult part not actually killing the target.

Zenos
2008-02-01, 10:41 AM
I just want to note that Altaïr seems to kill quicker and more efficiently than most of the characters in the Drizzt sagas.

Piedmon_Sama
2008-02-01, 11:06 AM
That's because he lives in a world where people don't have piles of HD you have to chip through to kill them. >>

Celitholar
2008-02-01, 04:40 PM
Artemis hands down.

Anteros
2008-02-02, 12:08 AM
If this was a competition to kill each other Altair might win, but in a race he is far too cautious. The game requires you to do at least 3 bits of research per target, and canonically Altair did about 9-10 per target. Entreri on the other hand will just infiltrate and kill.

However I do think that Altair is the more skilled assassin. (Entreri would eat him up in a straight fight though)

EvilElitest
2008-02-02, 12:21 AM
If this was a competition to kill each other Altair might win, but in a race he is far too cautious. The game requires you to do at least 3 bits of research per target, and canonically Altair did about 9-10 per target. Entreri on the other hand will just infiltrate and kill.

However I do think that Altair is the more skilled assassin. (Entreri would eat him up in a straight fight though)

Why does he wear white then? Wouldn't the blood show?
from
EE

Thanatos 51-50
2008-02-02, 12:27 AM
Well, Cannocally, Altair doesn't actually do much killin' regardless of how many guards you shank and/or push off the roofs, and all the blood would show up on is his hand blade.

That being said: The guy whos native to planes of existance other that of the Plane of Badass