PDA

View Full Version : Encroaching Doom... Request Aid.

Belteshazzar
2008-01-31, 07:12 PM
As an Archival Foreign Agent of The Great Sahaugin Peoples I have seen many horrors of their dry lands. Their squat and mouldering dwellings only serve to partition these apelike dirtcrawlers (though I must admit I find their women somewhat, exotic) from eachother's filth.

Unfortunatly, I was been captured and auctioned off like a simple beaste of curiosity. However this did not pierce my heart so gravely as the betrayal of the Lords of Sahuagin who (reveling in their disguises as vile sea elves) thought to purchase me with a purpose to devour me as we are wont to do in the blind, unknowing darkness of the Womb. It is most fortuitous that I was released by a band of dwarves and then traveled in the company of a moleman, a feline/hybrid and a minor flame spirit

However, following the downfall of his drug peddling, monastic master the moleman's thoughts have turned to dark deeds, he has stolen my magicbook, attempted to abscond with my person, and taken up with a massive furred deamon whose might only barely manages to surpass his own.

The Real Deal
We are playing as a level adjusted party with no racial hitdice, skills, feats, ect. I am a 6th level Sahaugin Archivist with few starting spells and a missing spellbook. I have managed to avoid drying out by wearing soaked rags under my voluminous robes (how better to hide my peculiarities) so land travel is not as difficult as one would suppose.

The person who stole and hide my spellbook is a 5th level Armand chaos monk (I now fear flailing strike) with a few flaws (fear of needles is one) to get leap attack among his other abilities. He is currently allied with some Flind/ Half-Minotaur monstrosity whose plan is to advance as a hulking hurler (he already has 5 lead footballs as ammo)
give range to their plans.

After my narrow escape into a cave pool they hid my spellbook and are holed up in a port town above a dwarven city. They killed the people of the house they are in and while I am only lawful neutral my character finds their antics both obnoxious, repugnant, and lacking in grace. I already have a way to regain my spellbook with a Locate Item spell (he simply buried it) yet I need suggestions on how to discipline these two. I already know that reflex saves are out of the question for the Armand (Superior Evasion, say what?) and his touch armor is in the high thirties.

Fizban
2008-01-31, 08:02 PM
Well first we're going to need to know what spells you have in the book. In the mean time, there's the obvious: target their will save with something humiliating. If you're particularly vengeful, something both humiliating and painful. If you want them dead, well then you can just make them dead.

Belteshazzar
2008-01-31, 11:13 PM
My spells were Obscuring mist, Fear, Enthrall, Sound Burst, Light, Mending, Protection From Evil, Waterwalk, Heat Metal, Create Water and some other minor spells. I would prefer the Armand the be humiliatingly dead but may be able to sway the Flind/ Minotaur to my side if I am lucky, I have no trouble using spells from either sides of the Good/Evil axis.

Fizban
2008-01-31, 11:33 PM
Well, all I can really think of to do with that is corner him, and keep hitting him with Fear while you chain together some heat metal spells and let him roast. Maybe find a lake or something to chase him into, see if you can make him drown. That's pretty much it, I assume they have enough HD that enthrall won't help much, though if you Entrhall them in an Obscuring Mist you might be able to conceal "actions that they might be opposed to".

For new spells, Suggestion is pretty much the king of humiliation, though it does have that little no suicide clause. For killing stuff, look to the druid lists. They get tons of energy damage in various forms, targeting various saves, and often with no save at all. Creeping Cold for instance, IIRC. Entangle will hold them in place to prevent retaliation and effectively corner for Fear, if you can get the Armand to fail it's reflex save somehow. Summoned creatures start getting really big around 3rd level, you could get one to grapple them to death maybe.

Also: obligatory question of how PvP is going to affect your game.

Belteshazzar
2008-02-01, 12:07 AM
Not at all. The Armand player realized a few games in that he was not feeling for the character so took the chance to play an evil character, go out with a bang, and reroll. The Flind/Minotaur Hulking Hurler has admitted to charges of cheese (our small group of friends recently was swelled by some habitual powergamers who were bored of being run through pre-written adventures to the point of try to always 'break' the story) and offered to reroll but we declined his offer. We noticed that the best way to grab the attention of these fellows is to kill of a few characters and they get interested.

leperkhaun
2008-02-01, 12:59 AM
you know, as far as i know dwarves dont take kindly to murder, espically in a trade city of thiers.

Im pretty sure is someone dropped a hint that two rather powerfull fiends just killed a family and took over their house that they would be delt with....with overwhelming force.

Im sure you could bargin for your spellbook given that you lead the dwarves there... just saying.

Heck if they are captured maybe they will be publicly executed.....for something as stupid as killing some civilians

Belteshazzar
2008-02-01, 11:59 AM
True, but when it comes down to it if the authorities deeply investigate my character they wont like that I am a Sahguin. The dwarves themselves may have little experience with my kind but all it takes is a common fisherman with a good spot, sense motive, or some sea lore to guess that I am one of those people that come around and drag slaves into the ocean on particularly misty nights. Besides it would be like a mafia man asking help from the cops to whack someone. It just ain't stylish to go piping to the proper authorities.