PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Campaign

Heliomance
2008-01-31, 08:03 PM
I'm looking for a 1st level campaign I can run which is suitable for 2 PCs. I have the barest minimum of DMing experience. Can anyone recommend a good one?

RTGoodman
2008-01-31, 09:06 PM
It'll be difficult for 2 PCs, but Wizards has an adventure called "Scourge of the Howling Horde" that you can probably find at your local gaming store or bookstore. It's written for beginner DMs and players. Some of the encounters might get a little overwhelming, though, through number of enemies or just because they're relatively difficult (like the last one, against a baby black dragon).

Darrin
2008-02-01, 08:38 AM
I'm looking for a 1st level campaign I can run which is suitable for 2 PCs. I have the barest minimum of DMing experience. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Hmmm. Lankhmar sprung to mind, but unfortunately I don't think it was ever updated for 3rd edition.

If you can track down the New Adventures of Fafhrd and Grey Mouser box set, that might work as a stand-alone RPG. Also has the added bonus that Shane Hensley (of Deadlands fame) worked on it.

Mongoose Publishing has come out with a Lankhmar campaign book for their new Runequest relaunch, but I'm not all that familiar with the system or the campaign. Might be worth a look, though.

FlyMolo
2008-02-01, 12:37 PM

If you get really desperate, there's always Kobolds Stole My Baby. While the PC's infiltrate and invade a kobold stronghold, you can always make up a plot twist.

If you don't get really desperate, making up stuff usually works. I make a habit of making up on the spot nearly everything in my campaign. I usually would prefer to write stuff down beforehand, as it's more convenient, but I'm never that prepared.

AKA_Bait
2008-02-01, 12:46 PM
I'd suggest the one shot A Dark and Stormy Knight (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20050329a)to get your feet wet. I ran it with 2 players and an NPC party member without any real trouble. It also has the upside of being free.

After that if you want something prefab for a long time you might consider Expedition to Undermountain (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/fracc/957327200)which should keep them busy for a good 10 levels. It's in the FRCS but it doesn't really need to be if you tweak it a little and if you are just starting a prefab setting might be a good idea anyway.