PDA

View Full Version : In need of a PrC

Shas aia Toriia
2008-01-31, 09:12 PM
Alright, not being one to actually stick with classes for all 20 levels without multi-classing, I need a PrC for a Favoured Soul I'm making.
Any books allowed.
Also in the party are a warblade (diamond mind) and an archer rogue. The starting level is 6.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance. :smallsmile:

de-trick
2008-01-31, 09:33 PM
theres master of radiancehttp://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20041001a&page=2

get turn undead and able to cast searing light once per round for a minute

Nebo_
2008-01-31, 09:38 PM
IIRC, you should be able to get into sacred exorcist or contemplative. Both give turning, which is awesome.

sonofzeal
2008-01-31, 09:42 PM
IIRC, you should be able to get into sacred exorcist or contemplative. Both give turning, which is awesome.
Eh, your turning will generally be weaker than a Cleric's, and Turning starts not being useful around that point anyway. HD and TR go up faster than your ability to turn them, so I wouldn't advise wasting combat actions on it.

Favored Soul is fine for high-level play anyway. This isn't like a Sorc or Cleric with a whole lot of nadda for class abilities. You get friggin Wings, man! Be happy! Not every character is in need of a PrC.

de-trick
2008-01-31, 09:47 PM
yeah but can use attempts for divine metamagic and have alot of turning attempts to burn too

Cuddly
2008-01-31, 10:53 PM
If being good isn't important, I recommend Master of Shrouds (extra turning as a bonus feat) and Contemplative for the actual turning with the Undeath domain. Planning domain for the free extend feat is also fairly mandatory. This leaves feats free for POWER ATTACK!!!!

Unfortunately, Contemplative is unavailable at level 6, which means MoS has to wait for awhile.

Persisting spells is great when you've pumped your charisma for lots of spells, then focus on combat buffs.

Heck, if you follow a good deity, you can get the superior half-celestial template on you all day. Wings that let you fly as well as a humming bird? +4 charisma? Yes please!

Eh, your turning will generally be weaker than a Cleric's, and Turning starts not being useful around that point anyway. HD and TR go up faster than your ability to turn them, so I wouldn't advise wasting combat actions on it.

Favored Soul is fine for high-level play anyway. This isn't like a Sorc or Cleric with a whole lot of nadda for class abilities. You get friggin Wings, man! Be happy! Not every character is in need of a PrC.

With turn attempts, 3 feats, and one ninth level spell slot, my divine caster gets a half-celestial or half-fiend template all day.

Aerogoat
2008-01-31, 10:57 PM
Eh, your turning will generally be weaker than a Cleric's, and Turning starts not being useful around that point anyway. HD and TR go up faster than your ability to turn them, so I wouldn't advise wasting combat actions on it.I think the point is more Divine Metamagic or Divine Might than it is actual Turning.

Knight of the Raven is a very strong Favored Soul PrC if you're one of the few people who actually own Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.

Swiftwing from Dragon Magic has always looked like a fun class. It loses two caster levels, though.

A Sacred Exorcist level or two followed by Contemplative is a good move so I'll also voice support for that plan.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-02-01, 03:36 AM
Sacred Exorcist has already been mentioned.

PRC Paladin - 3 is pretty nice (or apply it to a Variant PRC Paladin CG/LE/CE as per the SRD/UA variants (Paladin of Freedom, Tyranny....) Need the appropiate alignment, +4 BAB, the Ability to Turn Undead (Sacred Exorcist), able to cast Protection from Evil as a Divine spell, Mounted combat and some various skills.

Divine Oracle - 2 is nice (Oracle Domain and Divine Evasion).

A level or more of Thaumaturgist can be really nice if you know your summoning creature options and their abilities after attaining Cl8 with Lesser Planar Ally.

Contemplative is nice for a bonus domain like Summoning (It has Lesser Planar Ally) or Spells or Travel or other domain to personal taste.