PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Kobold Gish build

F.L.
2008-02-01, 10:32 AM
Well, looking through the kobold options, I saw the greater draconic rite of passage, which raises your sorc level by 1 when you use it, and this rite doesn't take up a feat slot or a level. So here's what I have so far:

Kobold
Sorc 1 Ftr 2 Kobold Paragon 3 (gr. draconic rite of passage) Spellsword, etc.

I assume that the 1 sorc level qualifies you for the rite, the 3 paragon levels give you 2 more sorc caster levels (without raising you higher than sorc 1), and then at level 6 you qualify for other prc's due to the casting of l.2 arcane spells.

Are there earlier prestige class options that increase your caster level, so you could wind up with 5/6 or 6/6 caster levels and still be a level 1 sorceror?

Zincorium
2008-02-01, 10:52 AM
No, there aren't. The greater draconic rite of passage was designed to throw a bone to kobolds who took whichever feat is the prerequisite for it, as that feat kind of sucks. The effect is way too powerful to just hand out to everybody.

Secondly, why worried about more than one level of sorceror? Taking 2 levels doesn't hurt your BAB any more than taking 1, you lose a few hit points but it's not likely to kill you.

Lastly, Abjurant Champion. Best Gish class, period.

F.L.
2008-02-01, 11:18 AM
The prerequisite for the greater rite of passage lists 1 level of sorceror. Wasn't sure if you could take more than 1 and still use the rite of passage.

Chronicled
2008-02-01, 11:19 AM
There was a very strong kobold Swiftblade (very cool gish PrC based around haste) build on the wizards forums, a ways down on this thread: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=859073