PDA

View Full Version : They have invisible noses!

mockingbyrd7
2008-02-01, 11:53 AM
Look in the last panel of the latest strip. Belkar has a clothespin on his nose!

PROOF, I say, PROOF!

Ettlesby
2008-02-01, 12:00 PM
Obviously, Belkar is practicing his psychic powers and the clothespin is really just floating.

If anything, this proves that Belkar actually has psychic powers.

Barbolanero
2008-02-01, 01:15 PM
Can't you people see what's just in fornt of your eyes? It's obviously Vaarsuvius that has found them at that time, playing a practical joke on Belkar, but after that he/she clearly got drunk and forgot how to find them again. That's why our beloved elf studies so much.

osyluth
2008-02-01, 01:18 PM
I draw OotS style a lot (on normal paper, not the computer) and once this idiot came by, grabbed my pencil, and drew a small nose on the figure I was drawing. It looked absolutely stupid and ruined the drawing (colored pencil is hard to erase).

Half-blood
2008-02-01, 04:53 PM
If I'm right, the invisible nose thing was already pretty common knowledge, especially since he can ohhhhh.... I don't know...Smell?

d'Bwobsling
2008-02-01, 05:46 PM
yeah there not going to want to leave so bad if they can't smell anything

FujinAkari
2008-02-01, 05:52 PM
Why is this so controversial? I don't think anyone ever claimed they didn't have noses... in fact, we -knew- they did for an absolute fact back when Belkar identified Nale by his scent...

Studoku
2008-02-01, 06:04 PM
I assumed they just smelt with their ears.

Narref
2008-02-01, 06:12 PM
You know, there's a Guest Strip in the extra's Section joking about their lack of noses. .:smallbiggrin:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/GuestStrips.html

Kish
2008-02-01, 07:21 PM
Why is this so controversial? I don't think anyone ever claimed they didn't have noses...
What are those weird bumpy things between their eyes...? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0339.html)

mockingbyrd7
2008-02-01, 07:27 PM
Based on the two links above, I'd always assumed they could smell but didn't really have anything to smell through. Just like how they hear without ears, with the exception of elves, on whom ears are present. The clothespin on Belkar's face between his eyes implies that they do, indeed, have invisible noses.

The defendant rests. Oh, wait, am I the prosecution? Nah, I'm the defendant. I'm resting right now.

monty
2008-02-01, 11:47 PM
The ears aren't necessary to hear either. That's why elves get +2 to listen, obviously.

The Extinguisher
2008-02-02, 12:31 AM
They absorb smells through thier bodies, which are then sent to the brain. Afterwards, they are stored in smell sacs located where our nasal cavities are, to be expelled at regular intervals. The clothespin provides pressure on the smell sacs and forcibly expells the bad smells before they can be sent to the brain.

It makes perfect sense!

bluish_wolf
2008-02-02, 03:22 AM
You know, now that I think about it, my avatar doesn't have a nose either. Poor Cirno! She can't smell anything!

Jayngfet
2008-02-02, 05:45 AM
what the hell are these noses you guys speak of, and what relation do they have to the aforementioned bumpy things?:smallconfused:

Holammer
2008-02-02, 03:16 PM
Look in the last panel of the latest strip. Belkar has a clothespin on his nose!

PROOF, I say, PROOF!

It proves that Rich draws stick figures. I'd be far more excited reading this thread if it was concerning artwork by John Buscema. If he omitted noses for artistic reasons, hell would freeze over.