PDA

View Full Version : University.

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-01, 01:27 PM
I've been given an unconditional place at Wolverhampton University. It's my second choice of university, so I'm really happy about it that I had to tell you all about it. (Now I can finally move on with my life).

The_Chilli_God
2008-02-01, 01:40 PM
I was accepted about a week or two ago, into the only University that I applied for (Auckland University), for the only course that I applied for. For that, I am really thankful.
Just gotta wait for the finances to get through, then classes start in March. :smalltongue:

Congratulations on your part, in any case!

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-01, 01:42 PM
Thanks. Good luck with your course (I applied for a Complimentary Therapy course).

rubakhin
2008-02-01, 01:43 PM
That's great, all of you. What will you be studying?

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-01, 01:54 PM
I'm doing a Compliemntay Therapy course (most likely te Reflexology branch of the course).

Kaelaroth
2008-02-01, 02:58 PM
Congratulations Tempest!

May your studies be merry, the liqour be plentiful, and the drugs be undiscovered! :smallsmile:

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-02-01, 04:02 PM
I've been given an unconditional place at Wolverhampton University. It's my second choice of university, so I'm really happy about it that I had to tell you all about it. (Now I can finally move on with my life).

That's wonderful! Good for you! I hope you do well there! :smallsmile:

Zombie pixe
2008-02-01, 04:31 PM
yea, great :smallsmile:

good luck :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2008-02-01, 04:36 PM
Congrats, Tempest. Here in the states, I've got to wait until April to see where I got in. :smallsigh:

Exachix
2008-02-01, 04:38 PM
Go you!

I'm still waiting past interviews from mine... need to go to the interviews..

=).

Serpentine
2008-02-02, 12:57 AM
It's funny... when I was applying for places, I got into the residential college but not the university :smallbiggrin: (I was pretty much a shoe-in, though - my cousins had gone there before me, and on the application, under "why are you applying for this one?", I wrote "it had the best website". The woman who interviewed me had designed the site...)

Congratulations all, and good luck! I feel like I should offer some advice... um... If you're staying in on-campus accommodation, you'll probably be wanting plenty of posters etc, and having things to do in your room - cards, boardgames, a gaming console, etc - will really help on the social side of things. Start assignments early, and make sure you're not spending more time than you need to on them (something I've yet to really get the hang of :smallsigh:).

Bag_of_Holding
2008-02-02, 01:07 AM
Congrats, T.F.!

I accepted the unconditional offer from the University of Queensland (an Aussie here :smallwink: ) a few weeks ago. So much paperworks... Grrr.

Serpentine
2008-02-02, 01:12 AM
Hey, that's the uni I didn't get into, but did get into the residential college! :smallbiggrin: Tell me what it's like - I'm considering changing unis for Honours :smallwink:

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-02, 02:31 AM
Thanks everyone. I dtill need to hear from a different university as well, so I may have 2 to chose from (Derby didn't want me for some reason). I was planng on doing that with my assignments anyway, Serpentine, and I'm planning on joining a couple of societies to give me something to do (also, Kaelaroth, I don't have any interest in drugs anyway, and I never drink alcohol (unless brandy liqures count as drinking alcohol) due to my tolerancy being so poor, and I need to save money for more useful thing).

SweetLikeLemons
2008-02-02, 03:05 AM
I never drink alcohol (unless brandy liqures count as drinking alcohol) due to my tolerancy being so poor, and I need to save money for more useful thing).

But, but... that is the best part of having a low tolerance! You get to have just as much fun as everyone else, but your booze bill is so much less! And if you don't drink in college (or university or whatever you call it where you live) where will your friends get the crazy stories to traumatize your hypothetical future offspring with?

No, actually, I imagine that choosing not to drink will only help you academically. Best of luck at whichever school you end up choosing!

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-02, 03:15 AM
Thanks. Actually, the offspring comment's a non-issue because I really hate the idea of having children, and I class the effects of alcohol as being about as far away from being fun as possible without being directly painful (I found that just having 1 glass of red wine is enough to make time appear to speed up). Also, the academic reasons are a big issue for me.

Ranna
2008-02-02, 01:24 PM
ah yes wine....thats a interesting one much of my uni life has been lost to that

but i just got into my next uni for next year (im just finishing my current uni) with a unconditional offer, its really nice when they want u that much

Dihan
2008-02-02, 01:30 PM
I should be going this year, but alas, I'm a wimp. So I'll go next year. :smallwink:

Kaelaroth
2008-02-02, 01:31 PM
I should be going this year, but alas, I'm a wimp. So I'll go next year. :smallwink:

Are you taking a gap-year, or just having a time-out from the learning experience?

Dihan
2008-02-02, 01:41 PM
Are you taking a gap-year, or just having a time-out from the learning experience?

I'm going back to school to do part-time study.

Ranna
2008-02-02, 01:49 PM
i couldnt have taken a gap year and then gone back to uni i would have been far too seduced by all the money u can make working (yes i know u make more once u are a graduate)

My friend has just left college and gotten herself a cute little PA job and i am well jelous - office chic admin, filing, it was my dream once upon a time

if u continue to study during ur gap year though i think it will fuel you to go to uni and it is a good life :)