PDA

View Full Version : Assassin ideas

HiddenDM
2008-02-01, 02:20 PM
I'm looking for class suggestions for a NPC assassin. I'm not looking for full builds, just ideas about what classes would be good.

The character is based loosely on the reputation of Lucretia Borgia. The NPC is a female who uses intrigue, seduction, and poison to help her achieve her ends and get close to her mark. I was thinking rogue or bard for the social skills, and the Assassin prestige class seems obvious, though outside of poison use, it doesn't seem a really good fit.

So within core and the complete series, what would be some good base and prestige class ideas for a very public sociable assassin?

Thanks all

Human Paragon 3
2008-02-01, 02:26 PM
Beguiler (PhB II). For sure. The Master Manipulator feat (from either PhB II or Complete Adventurer) could be very helpful, although its hard to say how it would function vs. PCs. Make her a changeling (Eberon) for added intrigue. Master Spy may be a good PrC if she needs to assume false identites.(Complete Adventurer). The assassin's death attack would be useful for the character, even if she normally uses poison.

Draz74
2008-02-01, 02:28 PM
There's some Dancer (seducer) PrC in Complete Scoundrel that sounds like it's what you want.

To get there, I'd go mostly Rogue, with a dip in Assassin or just Ninja for the Poison Use. Although I think CScoundrel also has other options for making poison use more effective, too.

kamikasei
2008-02-01, 02:28 PM
I too would suggest Beguiler. Consider having her charm or dominate others into doing her poisoning for her.