PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler/Assassin gear questions

DrizztFan24
2008-02-01, 05:28 PM
I have an ECL lvl 7 beguiler/assassin. He uses his eversmoking bottle alot since he has goggles that allow him to see through fogs (not darkness). He is the only arcane caster in our group (1 shapchanger halfling druid, 1 drow dragon shaman, and my human beguiler) and is the rogue of the group.

He has a bane rapier, mithril shirt, composite longbow, sleeve blade (PHBII), and a ring that gives + to climb and jump and featherfall. Other than the alhemical stuffs we picked up from a dwarven alchemists lab that all hes got.

I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions for weapons/armor/wondrous items/ring or whatever that he might need. He has 5,000-ish gold to spend ATM and have kind of a poor AC.

Aerogoat
2008-02-01, 05:31 PM
Why are you playing a Beguiler/Assassin? That really makes no sense at all.

Anyway, 4000 of that should probably go toward a Headband of Intellect if you want your Beguiler save DCs to stay actual threats.

[edit:] Beguiler/Assassin? Seriously?

DrizztFan24
2008-02-01, 05:37 PM
My DM let me advance my beguiler spellcasting with Assassin levels. I've also really wanted to play a guy who gets to be the sneakster and trickster. So beguiler offered nice spells for the choice and Assassin was almost like a requirement :P. Will the headband influence my save DCs? I though those progressed by level?

Aerogoat
2008-02-01, 05:48 PM
Okay, that makes more sense then.

The Headband raises your Intelligence, which determines your Spell DCs, Death Atack DCs and your Bonus Spells.

Miles Invictus
2008-02-01, 05:49 PM
Spell DCs increase based on the spell level and the modifier of the casting stat.

DrizztFan24
2008-02-01, 06:45 PM
OOO, very nice, then I guess Headband is first thing on the shopping list, maybe a ring of invisibility or bracers of armor after that :P