PDA

View Full Version : Y the Last Man is over! Spoilers will abound.

North
2008-02-01, 07:39 PM
So Y the Last Man just finished its 60 issue, five year run.

Wow. Ive been reading this since day one. I randomly picked up the first issue on a whim. Interesting premise. All the males in the world die. Except for one man.... and his monkey. Its been a wild ride since then. Lots of crazyness. Its kind of hard to think that its over.

Any one else a Y fan on the boards? What did you think of the run, and how it ended?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-02-02, 12:28 AM
Alas...

It is a wonderful series, with an excellent ending. The characters, the plotting, the jokes. Uplifting, amusing, depressing, and melancholy all at once. Insert another couple paragraphs of gushing. I cannot recommend this series highly enough.

My thoughts on #60
I'm not a huge fan of distant epilogues, but the ending was quite excellent. We get to see what happened to everyone, which was all sweet (although Beth D./Hero was a little out of nowhere) a vision of a successful product of Yorick's quest to save humanity, and the man himself imparting his wisdom to a new generation. And then escaping from a straitjacket and wandering out into the world again, because that's what he does.
My favorite part of the series
Yorick. In his gas mask. Facing down Alter in #59. So INCREDIBLY badass. 58 issues of never getting to use the thing, and bam. Saves his life and lets him get revenge.

Second place goes to either the Mannquarium reveal or that male love robot.

rubakhin
2008-02-02, 01:50 AM
Argh, already? I've been following it very sporadically, I probably haven't read new issues in a year, maybe two.

*peeks between fingers at the spoilers* Was it a happy ending? Just yes or no, I don't want to know anything else. :smalleek:

Nerd-o-rama
2008-02-03, 08:48 PM
*peeks between fingers at the spoilers* Was it a happy ending? Just yes or no, I don't want to know anything else. :smalleek:
Tough question.
They don't all die, if that's what you mean.

rubakhin
2008-02-03, 09:31 PM
Hooray!

Honestly, I just wanted the human race to not end. :smalleek:

Nerd-o-rama
2008-02-03, 09:36 PM
Just so you know, "all" would include Ampersand and by extension monkeys, not just humans.

God, I'm evil.

rubakhin
2008-02-03, 09:50 PM
fklsdjfksjkfjsksjkl. You're a real mensch, pal.

*sells personal possessions, buys up remaining issues*

North
2008-02-04, 05:11 PM
Yeah Rubakhin. You should definitely pick up the end.

Raiser Blade
2008-02-05, 07:01 PM
Can someone explain the end for me. Wikipedia just confused me.

RandomLogic
2008-02-10, 09:57 PM
So I just finished reading TPB 1-9 and I will have to head back to my comic shop to see if I can get 55-60 without having to buy them online.

So far, I love it. They are absolutely fantastic.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-02-13, 03:06 PM
Can someone explain the end for me. Wikipedia just confused me.
Did you read the end? I thought it was pretty straightforward. And which part of the end; the end of the climax in #59 or the end of the denouement in #60? Either way, it would probably take a while to summarize.

Rama_Lei
2008-03-07, 09:09 PM
Oh no, rumors say there talking about Shia Leboeuf as Yorick in the movies....