PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Shoulders

Zeitgeist
2008-02-01, 08:35 PM
I don't *think* anybody pointed this out yet, and I'd be impressed with myself to have discovered it first... but in the zoomed up picture of Skele-Roy vs. the green rotting Roy, the lighter cracked shoulder armor switches. I don't know which one is correct, but I did notice the inconsistency. Anybody else notice? I find it hard to think the Giant wouldn't have noticed it, since he just made 2 unique Roys in this comic and would have thought about it while drawing the shoulders, but I can't imagine why he'd do it intentionally.

Anyway, just thought I'd point it out.

BRC
2008-02-01, 08:38 PM
Or since roy is facing one way in one Panel and another in the other panel, he just clicked "Flip Horizontally"

Ulrichomega
2008-02-01, 10:17 PM
I don't see any inconsistencies.

NerfTW
2008-02-02, 09:35 AM
You'll also notice that the pattern of wounds flips as well.

He flipped the image, that's all.

Mauve Shirt
2008-02-02, 10:11 AM
Nitpickery!

Alex Warlorn
2008-02-04, 03:06 AM
To be a nipicker is an honor.

Zeitgeist
2008-02-04, 08:17 AM
You'll also notice that the pattern of wounds flips as well.

He flipped the image, that's all.

I find it odd that he used the same imagine, because he would have had to redraw most of Roy anyway, being that one is a skeleton and one is a green body, but nevertheless, you're right. Still, it's like in old Zelda games. We know Link is left-handed, but in those, it depends on which way he's facing.

And yes, nitpickery! I remember watching a movie where somebody hurt his leg and had the cane in the wrong hand for one scene. Tsk!

NerfTW
2008-02-04, 09:06 AM
I find it odd that he used the same imagine, because he would have had to redraw most of Roy anyway, being that one is a skeleton and one is a green body, but nevertheless, you're right. Still, it's like in old Zelda games. We know Link is left-handed, but in those, it depends on which way he's facing.

And yes, nitpickery! I remember watching a movie where somebody hurt his leg and had the cane in the wrong hand for one scene. Tsk!

I think he uses the "cut and paste library" method of making characters. So the "injured Roy body" is used, and then the appropriate head attached. Probably to avoid having to re-add all the scars and marks on it each time.

the_tick_rules
2008-02-04, 11:41 AM
if it is true you'll just have to live with it.

Zeitgeist
2008-02-04, 05:33 PM
I think he uses the "cut and paste library" method of making characters. So the "injured Roy body" is used, and then the appropriate head attached. Probably to avoid having to re-add all the scars and marks on it each time.

I can't imagine he has a picture stored for every pose. I mean, the amount of scars somebody has is directly proportionate to the number of times they've been hit. In fact, he's pretty good about having the same amount of scars as hits in most cases. Is this Roy Body the same Roy Body that existed when he fell? I'd have to check...