PDA

View Full Version : How do I do this?

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-01, 10:50 PM
I would like to make a webcomic about myself, Q, and my tale of adventre.

Unfortunetly, I have no idea how to put my pictures on this site.

I'm mean, I know I need to put amd the URL of the image, but my images don't have URLs when I make them.

For URLs to be in the picture, you need the picture to be on the internet in the first place, right? I don't know how to do that either.

How do I get URLs into my homemade pictures?

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

Lira
2008-02-01, 11:00 PM
If I understand you correctly, you're asking how to upload images?

To do that, you need to use an imagehosting website like imageshack, tinypic, photobucket, etc. Personally, I like tinypic (http://tinypic.com/).

Go to the website, click on Browse to find your image and then click Upload Now and copy the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards.

Good luck with your webcomic! :smallbiggrin:

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-01, 11:12 PM
Thanks.

Is this free.

This Website thingy, tinypic. Does it cost anything?

I'm a real cheapskate.

Lira
2008-02-01, 11:13 PM
It's completely free.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-01, 11:22 PM
Thatnk you so much.

When I'm finished, you'll be the first to have a cameo or something.

Lira
2008-02-01, 11:27 PM
Cool. :smallbiggrin: I'm glad I could help.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-02, 01:44 PM
Something is wrong.

No matter how many times I click 'upload now', It simiply says "Upload failed! item Magick failed. Invailed format (jpg/gif/png/bmp/tif)"

If you have any explaination on how to get around this, please share. If not, the webcomic is canceled.

Omicroncubed
2008-02-02, 01:50 PM
What program are you using?

If you're using inkscape, you need to change it from SVG to PNG, JPG, whatever, so press CTRL+SHIFT+E to save as bitmap.

If something else, then I can't help you there...

Zweanslord
2008-02-02, 01:52 PM
Sounds like you tried to upload a picture that was not a jpg/gif/png/bmp/tif picture. Check if your picture has any of those extensions, ie "picture.jpg" or has something different. If it is different you will need to save the picture in the program you made it with has either a jpg, gif, png, bmp or tif picture. What is the current extension of the picture you are trying to upload? Thus the something part in "picture.something".

Edit: Ninja'd! Heh.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-02, 02:00 PM
I am using corel photo-paint 8.

I tried adding .jpg to the end of the picture name, but that aint working.

Zweanslord
2008-02-02, 02:09 PM
No, you have to save it as a jpg or otherwise within the program itself. This is most likely done with File > Save as.. and then finding .jpg as option or finding File > Export {something} to save it as a jpg or otherwise. If you normally save it, it will save as most likely a corel photo-paint file and you want it in a different format. Since I am not familiar with corel photo-paint, I do not know what it will exactly be, but most likely it will either be a functionality of save as.. or in an export function.

Edit: This might prove worthwhile for you: http://www.visionary-voyager.com.au/corel/photopaint/web_works/part3_b.htm Found it with a quick google search.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-02-02, 02:15 PM
Thank you all!

It just did the thing it was supposed to do!

You shall be repaid for your help!

Unless I forget.