PDA

View Full Version : Permanent item of Girallon's Blessing?

Talya
2008-02-01, 11:14 PM
Is this possible under the rules for designing items? If so, what would it cost?

AmberVael
2008-02-01, 11:59 PM
For a continuous item (for any magic spell) it is spell level x caster level x 2,000gp.

Girallon's blessing is level 3, min. caster level is 5.

3 x 5 x 2,000gp = 30,000gp

Rad
2008-02-02, 10:37 AM
For a continuous item (for any magic spell) it is spell level x caster level x 2,000gp.

Girallon's blessing is level 3, min. caster level is 5.

3 x 5 x 2,000gp = 30,000gp

keep in mind that those are not rules, they are guidelines. If you are not sure about what that means try to price a use-activated sword of True Strike; make a deep breath and then say seriously to a mirror "yes, that is a fair price for a sword that gives +20 to hit".

I would advice to look at the existing items for a reference (keeping in mind that freeing up slots and the like is valuable), as said in the DMG. I think there are items that give you a permanent pair of arms somewhere (MIC?) so I'd look there.
Don't forget to raise the price if you allow that and the new item to stack!

Arbitrarity
2008-02-02, 10:43 AM
You forgot the multiplier for duration. If girallon's blessing is 1 rnd/level, multiply by 4, for 120K. If it's 1 min/level, multiply by 2 for 60K. If it's 10 mins/level, multiply by 3/2, for 45K.

Also, you probably can't put rings on them, no extra pairs of gloves.

It's 10 mins/level, so 45K.

AmberVael
2008-02-02, 11:51 AM
You forgot the multiplier for duration. If girallon's blessing is 1 rnd/level, multiply by 4, for 120K. If it's 1 min/level, multiply by 2 for 60K. If it's 10 mins/level, multiply by 3/2, for 45K.

Also, you probably can't put rings on them, no extra pairs of gloves.

It's 10 mins/level, so 45K.

Crap- I forgot about that. I just used to play around with the 3.0 magic creation rules (which left that out) so much that I'm not used to adding that part...

45,000 then.

keep in mind that those are not rules, they are guidelines. If you are not sure about what that means try to price a use-activated sword of True Strike; make a deep breath and then say seriously to a mirror "yes, that is a fair price for a sword that gives +20 to hit".

I would advice to look at the existing items for a reference (keeping in mind that freeing up slots and the like is valuable), as said in the DMG. I think there are items that give you a permanent pair of arms somewhere (MIC?) so I'd look there.
Don't forget to raise the price if you allow that and the new item to stack!

Well, she asked for under the rules, so by the rules this is what it would cost. They aren't meant to be hard and fast, but this is what they'd say.

I do know that Savage Species already has an item like this. Arms of the Naga- 56,000, but it has some severe penalties to it.

Talya
2008-02-02, 12:01 PM
Crap- I forgot about that. I just used to play around with the 3.0 magic creation rules (which left that out) so much that I'm not used to adding that part...

45,000 then.

Well, she asked for under the rules, so by the rules this is what it would cost. They aren't meant to be hard and fast, but this is what they'd say.

I do know that Savage Species already has an item like this. Arms of the Naga- 56,000, but it has some severe penalties to it.

Ah, cool. I should really read everything I have.

Arms of the Naga are inadequate, however. They don't work with Multiweapon Fighting...for a melee build I'm pondering.