PDA

View Full Version : Multiweapon Fighting vs. Two Weapon Fighting

Talya
2008-02-02, 12:07 PM
Is there any reason not to take Multiweapon fighting instead of two weapon fighting?

I mean, even assuming you have only two arms, it would still work, wouldn't it? And in the event you grew more arms (Girallon's Blessing), you could weild something in each of them?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-02-02, 12:09 PM
The reason is that Multiweapon requires extra hands. It SPECIFIES you need hands, which sucks. I discovered it as I was trying to create a rogue that attacked by using hidden blades in his elbows, feet, and head, plus a pair of daggers on the hands.

NEO|Phyte
2008-02-02, 12:09 PM
You can't take Multiweapon Fighting unless you have at least 3 hands. Which means unless you can have at least 3 hands nigh-indefinitely, you'll have a useless (prereqs not met) feat for most of the time, assuming you manage to qualify for the feat when its levelup time.

Sornas
2008-02-02, 12:11 PM
MULTIWEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]

Prerequisites: Dex 13, three or more hands.

Benefit: Penalties for fighting with multiple weapons are reduced by 2 with the primary hand and reduced by 6 with off hands.

Normal: A creature without this feat takes a –6 penalty on attacks made with its primary hand and a –10 penalty on attacks made with its off hands. (It has one primary hand, and all the others are off hands.) See Two-Weapon Fighting.

Special: This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.

Unfortunately, you don't end up having much of a choice, either you qualify for it, or you don't, which makes one or the other available. ^^;

FlyMolo
2008-02-02, 12:20 PM
As a DM, because of the replaces TWF clause, I'd say that if you have 3 arms, and one gets cut off, you get TWF. If you get the arm back, you have MWF again. If you have two arms and get girallon's blessing, your TWF turns into MWF. Theyre basically the same thing, and it's good to remove annoyance where you can.

Or the dragonborn template. That gives you a tail slap attack, IIRC.

mabriss lethe
2008-02-02, 04:11 PM
There are ways to do it in a halfa$$ery sort of way.

Pick a race with natural attacks and/ or a tail. Ratlings from OA come to mind (though I don't know how they've been adjusted to fit with 3.5) They have a tail and a choice of bite or claw attack. Get EWP: tail spikes from OA and either TWF or monk levels and go crazy. If you took wight or vampire levels from libris mortis, you could also qualify for multiattack since you'd have 3 natural attacks from a slam.

Say you don't have a tail? There is a way. Aberation Blood from Lords of Madness can get you a tail. You just need to ewp either the OA tail spikes or one of the tail weapons from Savage species. You can also get a tentacle attack from another feat, which would bring you back into the running for multiattack.