PDA

View Full Version : need help with a spell

Kazuel
2008-02-02, 02:17 PM
I saw a spell awhile back and I'm pretty sure it was called "Gaurds and Wards" or "Wards and Gaurds". pretty potent spell too, it was lvl 5-7 not really sure. I've looked in the books I have available and I can't seem to find it again. If anyone knows the spell I'm talking about, let me know what book I can find it in. Thanks in advance.

Emperor Demonking
2008-02-02, 02:19 PM
PHB, 237.

ooooooooh

Stabby
2008-02-02, 02:20 PM
Its in the SRD here

Guards and Wards (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/guardsAndWards.htm)

Its a nice spell. Ive used it once or twice.

/edit... ninja'ed!

Kazuel
2008-02-02, 02:25 PM
I could have sworn it was in a splat book, that's why I was passing over the PHB. Thanks again.

Chronos
2008-02-02, 04:59 PM
The funny thing is, it's a spell specifically designed for protecting a stronghold, but I've never seen a module where the BBEG had it on his fortress. Sure, they always do a bunch of other things, but you'd think that G&W would be the logical first step.

The same goes for Hallow/Unhallow, and that one should be an even bigger no-brainer. It can't be dispelled, since it's instantaneous, you can get a wide variety of fun attached effects at the cost of a few thousand gold per year, and the base effects (wide-area Magic Circle, etc.) last forever from a single casting.