PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

ronnyfire
2008-02-03, 01:09 AM
i don't have any books on me, and i have the idea of a cleric wizard gestalt, going to war weaver, and i was just wondering if i could basically pull off clericzilla party wide? or if there is something like range prerequisite's i cant meet..

but yeah.. just curious as to whether or not it can work, and if not.. then why?

ronnyfire
2008-02-03, 06:01 PM
no love?

how sad... i guess i can find out on Tuesday tho..

Fenix_of_Doom
2008-02-03, 06:06 PM
no love?

how sad... i guess i can find out on Tuesday tho..

I'd love to help, but I have no idea what a war weaver is.

also for future reference; it's "though"

Miles Invictus
2008-02-04, 01:23 AM
Some advice: Make your thread title more descriptive. Take a few words to explain the topic you want to raise. It's common courtesy, and you'll get more responses, too. In fact, I suggest you change the thread title. If you can't, you may want to repost your query with a more descriptive title.

You could also help yourself out by explaining what a War Weaver is. As long as you're not quoting verbatim from the book, you're not going to get in trouble for it.

RTGoodman
2008-02-04, 01:26 AM
If your question is basically, "Can I use my War Weaver abilities to place my personal-range Cleric buff spells in the eldritch tapestry and cast them on the rest of my party," then you might want to ask over at the Simple Q&A By RAW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66326) thread. The major posters there are all pretty knowledgeable about rules from all sources, and can probably answer your question.

Aerogoat
2008-02-04, 06:16 PM
In addition, spells with a range of personal cannot be cast through an eldritch tapestry.

Also, if you're looking for War Weaver Gestalt fun, you might think about working a bloodline into the mix somehow. It's cheesy, but cheesy in a good party-buffing way.

A build like...
Cleric 20//Bard 7/Sublime Chord 5/War Weaver 5/Major Bloodline 3*
...gets full Cleric defenses/BAB, 9th level spells on both sides (CLs 23 and 22) and the ability to weave seven 8th level spells.
*Arrange levels like so:

Bard 2
Bloodline 1
Bard 2
Bloodline 1
Bard 3
War Weaver 1
Sublime Chord 1
Bloodline 1
War Weaver 4
Sublime Chord 4