PDA

View Full Version : Queenslanders/Northern New South Welsh Peoples itpg.

Serpentine
2008-02-03, 08:43 AM
I'm going to the Gold Coast next week, and my dad's intending to take me to a themepark or 3 (I'm not sure what days). I was gonna see if there'd be anyone in the area who might want to come so it's not just me, my dad and maybe his girlfriend, but then I realised that even if there was and they did want to come it would be horribly awkward, and then there's the explaining how I know them - "From... uh... the internet? A forum. Of a webcomic. About D&D. Yeah... No, I've never seen them before. No, I guess I don't really know them. But... they're nice?" At least he used to play D&D - but then I changed my mind again, and now I'm posting asking whether there'd be anyone in the area who might want to come. 'specially as my friend up there isn't answering my email.
So...?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-03, 09:01 AM
I remember my trip up to Queensland. . . Good place. . .
'Course, I was 9 when I went up, but it was still lots of fun.

You'll love it. :smallwink:
But alas, I'm not in good ol' Australia anymore. . .:smallfrown:

Serpentine
2008-02-03, 09:07 AM
I... have been there lots of times :smallconfused: My dad's just bought a house there, should be interesting to see...
Where are you now, again?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-02-03, 09:09 AM
Wait, if you've been there before, then why start the thread? :smallconfused:

*walks out of thread confobulated*

Serpentine
2008-02-03, 09:23 AM
Company :smalltongue:
Sorry, probably should've made it clearer. My dad lives up there, and has for several years now. I'm visiting him there, and he's intending to take me to the themeparks or wherever. The parks, in particular, could be a little bit boring if it's just me and him, so I'm wondering whether there's anyone who'll be in the area between Tuesday and the 16th of Feb who wants to come keep me company (and who is willing to cope with the awkwardness of meeting a near-stranger from the internet... Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that I am :smalleek: BUT, it's all a learning experience).

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-02-03, 10:16 AM
You know Western Australia has big attractions as well.....

....Like the slightly yellowish coast?

Rawhide
2008-02-03, 10:23 AM
You know Western Australia has big attractions as well.....

....Like the slightly yellowish coast?

But, does it have the comfy chair? And the soft cushions?

Nebo_
2008-02-03, 10:53 AM
The Gold Coast doesn't have that much to do unless you're into clubbing. Which I'm not. The theme parks are gimmicky and far too expensive for my liking. I'm too poor :(

Serpentine
2008-02-04, 01:37 AM
The fact I'm still on my Ls rather limits my ability to do things on my own.
Still, if you wanted to take me clubbing... :smallwink: or, um, something. I hope we can go to Dracula's... Sure, it's as gimmicky as anything, but it's also lots of fun :smallbiggrin:

Jagg
2008-02-04, 01:50 AM
"Oh Hi honey, Yeah so I'm going to the themeparks with someone I met over the internet next week.

Wurble splatich?

Yes I'd have to take a day off work

Shonda folumit?

Oh...um a girl.

Conferdit?

Um yes she's younger us.

Nurgle noognoog?

Um...I've seen of picture of her on the internet.

Nasod???

No she was wearing clothes

Gundit pulumine!!

What? How could you accuse me of such a thing!!!

Gonadis losis

Right I'll let her know it's not going to happen.....

Sorry Serpy. BTW the weather here in QLD has been somewhat unpredictable lately so pick your day with care.

Dispozition
2008-02-04, 04:55 AM
Well...Victoria is kinda like the Gold Coast...In a round about sort of way...Not really...No...Seeeeeeeerrrrp...Come to Melbourne...It's more fun...and I could meet you >.<

Serpentine
2008-02-04, 05:21 AM
But my dad doesn't live in Melbourne! D=

Felixaar
2008-02-04, 06:26 AM
Aww, I live in Cairns. I'd come down, but you'd know how incredibly long that is :smallbiggrin: If you end up going to Dreamworld, I hear you can cuddle tiger cubs if you go like, incredibly early in the morning (I.E. so early its actually late from last night). It would be funny though, cause the first thing I'd say would be "I can't believe you don't have a tail."

Also, New South Welsh? Either thats something I dont get or you cant spell the state you live in.

Rawhide
2008-02-04, 06:30 AM
Also, New South Welsh? Either thats something I dont get or you cant spell the state you live in.

The Welsh are from Wales, so the New South Welsh will be from New South Wales.

Emrylon
2008-02-05, 11:26 AM
The Welsh are from Wales,

It's true we are...

Serpentine
2008-02-06, 12:41 AM
I still like that "Wales is OK!" t-shirt...

Felixaar
2008-02-06, 05:32 AM
Later that night, in the greenpeace headquarters...

"The WELSH? Save the WELSH? What the hell where you thinking, Jim? No one makes that kind of typo!"

This post dedicated to the ongoing plight of wales everywhere. If only you had teeth, then you could eat your attackers.

Rawhide
2008-02-06, 05:36 AM
Forget the whales, save the internet!

http://ojk007.googlepages.com/downloadwww.gif

SoD
2008-02-06, 02:18 PM
But, does it have the comfy chair? And the soft cushions?

Tasmania does! Really Serpentine, I'm dissapointed with you. Why worry about the mainland*, when you can experience the third best beach in the world?

* In reality, we are the mainland...what everyone else thinks of as 'mainland' is acutally merely a large desolate island off the coast of the mainland**
** Tasmania.

Felixaar
2008-02-06, 06:32 PM
:smallbiggrin: Tassie is cool. Launceston especially.