PDA

View Full Version : Agent Smiths vs. The Borg

TheLogman
2008-02-03, 11:01 AM
For the sake of fairness, let's set up some near-fair conditions between the two. They will both be given the whole Earth to assimilate, Smith will be from the Second Matrix Movie, which seems the fairest. He can assimilate anyone in a 100 feet radius, but it takes some time, and the Smith acts independently. He gets no Neo-type powers, just the speed, strength, ect. that we saw in the Second movie.

The Borg will be from the Voyager era, and can only assimilate through their nano-tubes. The Borg do not get spaceships or air-born nanobots. The only Weaponry Technology the Borg have is the Tech they outfit on their own Drones.

Neither the Borg nor Smith can assimilate each other. They will not attempt to do so.

They will start on the two sides of the Earth, Antarctica and the North Pole, near a Scientific settlement, which will supply the first of each of the two with their first bodies. The major conflict is to see who can assimilate the most humans, and then who can win in a fight of massive numbers.

Seems to me that Smith has the advantage in Pure Offensive Power, but the Borg, being Cyborgs with shielding, probably have better Defense. Personally, I think that the Borg have better Intelligence, due to the Borg Queen leading them. However, the Borg have to act under her direction, whereas the Smiths can easily act independently, and also work together at the same time.

Oh, and for the sake of the fight, they are both adversely opposed to each other, the Borg seeing Smiths as an "Anomaly" like Species 8472 was, and Smith sees the Borg as an interruption to the Sublime Coding of the Matrix.

So, what do you guys think? Personally, I think the Smiths will win due to Brute Force and the ability to really multi-task, but I'm not sure.

Renegade Paladin
2008-02-03, 11:04 AM
Borg are pitiful. Smith is irritating, but the Borg are just terrible villains; they only seem credible because Starfleet is so incompetent.

kamikasei
2008-02-03, 11:10 AM
The Borg kind of have to win, since you haven't actually included the Matrix. Therefore Smith, if he exists at all, is running on a machine somewhere with no way to assimilate anything.

If you make it so that we have somehow ported the Borg into a clean-box version of the Matrix, I suspect they still could win, since all Smith has is kung-fu vs. the Borg who can pretty much grow shields and weapons (maybe, kind of - it's not entirely clear), and since the Borg can absorb the abilities of those they assimilate, which I don't recall Smith displaying in the second movie.

On the other hand, RP is right that by the time of Voyager the Borg pretty much sucked, and were about as credible a threat as the Ferengi.

Kaelaroth
2008-02-03, 11:15 AM
Smiths. The Borg are pretty useless against any form of physical attack.

Zenos
2008-02-03, 11:17 AM
Smiths. The Borg are pretty useless against any form of physical attack.

Yeah, I've seen 'em slaughtered by a tommygun.

Raider
2008-02-03, 11:21 AM
Smith would easily win through plain strength and speed

Yay, Halfling in the Playground!

FoE
2008-02-03, 11:23 AM
Yeah, but ... the Borgs exist in RL. Agent Smith exists only in the Matrix. I don't think there's actually a battle here, since the Borgs simply land on Earth and assimilate all of its technology without even venturing inside the Matrix.

Lochar
2008-02-03, 11:35 AM
Do remember, Agent Smith infected one of the unplugged and became real until the human host was killed. If they assimilate the Matrix, they have the ultimate virus running around in the Borg Collective.

GoC
2008-02-03, 11:30 PM
On paper? The borg.
In reality? Smith.