PDA

View Full Version : Hmm....

shaggz076
2008-02-03, 12:52 PM
Well I have a question that could influence how I build my back up character for my friends game. Would you be able to cast a melee touch spell as part of a spring attack? I know it sounds kind of funny but I wanted to know if this is possible.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-03, 12:59 PM
It is not possible to do as part of, but if you are already holding the charge you can deliver it during a spring attack.

It can be done as a Flyby Attack and Mobile Spellcasting from Complete Adventurer allows a caster to move and cast as one standard action.

shaggz076
2008-02-03, 01:09 PM
It is not possible to do as part of, but if you are already holding the charge you can deliver it during a spring attack.

It can be done as a Flyby Attack and Mobile Spellcasting from Complete Adventurer allows a caster to move and cast as one standard action.

Ok. How does the Mobile spell casting work? Is it the same as spring attack except for spells? What do you need to tak said feat? Does it still provoke an attack of oppourtunity if you don't cast defensively?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-03, 03:57 PM
You need a number of ranks in concentration and you need to make a concentration check to cast while moving. (The feat cannot be taken before level 5)
It allows you to move while casting as a standard action and you provoke AoOs as normal, but you can cast defensively at an increased concentration DC.

shaggz076
2008-02-03, 04:20 PM
So your telling me then it is like "Spring attack" for spell casting but you don't need Dodge and mobility? I was hoping I would still provoke AoO's as it is part of my concept.

Simply put Stormstrider boot + Retributive spell (Use Vamp. touch) + Spring attack (Or if allowed Mobile spellcasting)

Lightning up in front of target, begin casting to provoke AoO releasing the retributive Vamp touch, then hitting with another vamp touch as my attack action and finally zapping through the target for another 9D6 lightning damage. 6d6 from first vamp touch, 6d6 from second vamp touch and 9d6 from the boots.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-03, 04:28 PM
So your telling me then it is like "Spring attack" for spell casting but you don't need Dodge and mobility?

Not quite, but almost.

I was hoping I would still provoke AoO's as it is part of my concept.

Lucky you do then, just do not cast defensively.