PDA

View Full Version : copy and paste messed up on inkscape

DoomITP
2008-02-03, 08:47 PM
for some reason copy and paste isnt working? any help?:smalleek:

Szilard
2008-02-03, 08:50 PM
Do you mean from one drawing to another or in the same drawing?

DoomITP
2008-02-03, 08:56 PM
from one inkscape drawing to another

Szilard
2008-02-03, 09:02 PM
Make sure that when you open the next drawing, open it from your curent drawing, if you open the inkscape program again and then open that drawing, copy and paste won't work.

DoomITP
2008-02-03, 09:04 PM
ok thx:smallbiggrin:

Szilard
2008-02-03, 09:07 PM
Don't worry, its a common problem.

Nameless
2008-02-04, 05:18 AM
Inkscape is eeevvvilll... EVIL I SAY! :furious:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-04, 10:33 AM
chaotic?
Inkscape is chaotic! not evil!

Keris
2008-02-04, 10:37 AM
Inkscape is eeevvvilll... EVIL I SAY! :furious:

Fireworks is fuzzy! Fuzzy I say! :smalltongue:

Lyinginbedmon
2008-02-04, 11:09 AM
It's a Vector-based program, so it's perfect for Aspys like me, but for someone who's spent their entire artistic education with paint brushes I can imagine that Fireworks would be better.

Keris
2008-02-04, 11:20 AM
Fireworks looks like this:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/junkj/fireworks.jpg
Those are all the vector tools at your disposal. And as you can see, the lines get very blurry at zoom, something I haven't noticed with Inkscape.Yes that is a proto-Keris.
And what is an Aspy?

Lyinginbedmon
2008-02-04, 11:26 AM
And what is an Aspy?

Someone with Asperger's Syndrome

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-04, 11:38 AM
I still say Inkscape is chaotic...

Nameless
2008-02-04, 11:51 AM
Fireworks looks like this:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/junkj/fireworks.jpg
Those are all the vector tools at your disposal. And as you can see, the lines get very blurry at zoom, something I haven't noticed with Inkscape.Yes that is a proto-Keris.
And what is an Aspy?

I use Fireworks, not just for Oots, but also for many other things, and it is not blury at all. It has many more options then Inkscape, and you can achieve much more with much less effort, yeah it might take time to figure it out, but you also have to spend time figuring out everything with inkscape, exepec with Fireworks you get more out of, weather with inkcape your very limited as to what you can achive. Fireworks is the next best thing to photoshop.

Also with Inkscape, there are always problems, I see loads of threads being opened because somethign has gone wrong with it, how many do you see for Firewoks? I've never experianced any problems with Firworks.

Bayar
2008-02-04, 01:53 PM
Also with Inkscape, there are always problems, I see loads of threads being opened because somethign has gone wrong with it, how many do you see for Firewoks?

because you are the only one that uses it :smallbiggrin:

Nameless
2008-02-04, 02:23 PM
because you are the only one that uses it :smallbiggrin:

Not true, Ask uses it :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-04, 03:53 PM
And Sneak? I'm not sure Sneak uses.....:smallconfused:

But anyway, there are many more times as much GitP Inkscape users as there are GitP Fireworks users

Nameless
2008-02-04, 04:10 PM
It doesn't matter, no Fireworks user (appart from that bird :smalltongue: ) I've met (that actually know's how to use it) has ever had problems with it, online or or in the real world, yet with inkscape there's always problems.

And as I've said before, there's a hundred more things you can do with Fireworks. :smalltongue:

DoomITP
2008-02-05, 04:08 PM
It doesn't matter, no Fireworks user (appart from that bird :smalltongue: ) I've met (that actually know's how to use it) has ever had problems with it, online or or in the real world, yet with inkscape there's always problems.

And as I've said before, there's a hundred more things you can do with Fireworks. :smalltongue:

how did u get fireworks?

Keris
2008-02-05, 04:26 PM

Depends on what you want it for. I used to use Fireworks, but find Inkscape far better for Vector Graphics (i.e. OotS), as it's designed for it. Fireworks is image modification in general, so has different sets of tools.

Megadoomer, Adobe Fireworks is not Open Source like Inkscape, you have to buy it (for £200+).

Nameless
2008-02-05, 04:33 PM
Depends on what you want it for. I used to use Fireworks, but find Inkscape far better for Vector Graphics (i.e. OotS), as it's designed for it. Fireworks is image modification in general, so has different sets of tools.

Megadoomer, Adobe Fireworks is not Open Source like Inkscape, you have to buy it (for £200+).

Unless you know people :smallbiggrin:

DoomITP
2008-02-05, 04:36 PM

plz tell me i know ppl?!

Nameless
2008-02-05, 04:39 PM
plz tell me i know ppl?!

I would get a free 30 day trial first, it takes some time to getting use too. :smalltongue:

DoomITP
2008-02-05, 04:41 PM
yah i think ill check it out real quick then ill pm u maybe if i think its the right program for me.

Keris
2008-02-05, 04:43 PM

Yes, unless you're willing to break the law to get a piece of software that may not be the best for the task in hand.

I am assuming here that Megadoomer wants to make OotS style art.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-02-06, 12:01 AM
Yeah, thats the problem with Fireworks. I costs money.
And yes I know enough people, but I'm not going illegal to draw stick people:smalltongue:
And I would have to get used to it, and I would have to contact said people and then wait for them etc. etc. I dont have time for that.
To many things to do!
Anyway, inkscape is going nice with me.
Btw, second ever inkscape made avatar by me = Hamster paladin:smallbiggrin: