PDA

View Full Version : 20th level evil character

de-trick
2008-02-03, 11:39 PM
I want the most powerful evil character I can get

stats are 24, 16, 20, 19, 21, 17

books available are almost all except for tome of battle, and complete scoundrel and mage

we have so far a NE halfling rogue, a 3 fighters, shadow caster, a divine crusader of mask

I want some kind of magic, classes thinking are druid, duskblade, beguiler, or wizard

Douglas
2008-02-03, 11:41 PM
Divine Metamagic Persistent Spell cleric, with Persistent Greater Consumptive Field. Yes, it reeks of cheese, but you asked for extreme power...

SilentNight
2008-02-03, 11:45 PM
I'm still not sure if this works but Okay. Crystalline troll Ftr4/Bbn1 Cast lesser construct essence(races of Eberron) on him and he is immune to all forms of damage but sonic. If it doesn't work then find some other way to make it immune to NL damage.

de-trick
2008-02-03, 11:48 PM
forgot to mention its a faerun campaign, your next drizzt

SilentNight
2008-02-03, 11:50 PM
Does becoming undead make you lose regeneration? If not then make it a vampire or a Bone creature if you have BoVD. It's not the most optimal build but it's incredibly hard to kill.

EDIT: I forgot this but I wnted to say it before anyone else did. Pun-Pun.

Zincorium
2008-02-03, 11:58 PM
Does becoming undead make you lose regeneration? If not then make it a vampire or a Bone creature if you have BoVD. It's not the most optimal build but it's incredibly hard to kill.

EDIT: I forgot this but I wnted to say it before anyone else did. Pun-Pun.

No, creatures without constitution scores cannot have regeneration, period. They can only have fast healing.

The simplest explanation for this is that since creatures without constitution scores are immune to nonlethal damage, and regeneration converts all damage except specific types into nonlethal, such a creature would be immune to damage except for what bypassed that ability.

Also, undead do not make good BBEGs at that level, there are too many classes and items that are specialized for use against them.

Nermy
2008-02-04, 12:04 AM
3/3/4/10 druid/wizard/mystic theurge/arcane hierophant

Now you're a wizard and a druid!

bugsysservant
2008-02-04, 12:17 AM
How about an Ur Preist Sublime Chord mystic theurge? I'm AFB, but its not too hard to come up with a build that has full wizard, and cleric spell casting, plus about eight levels of goodies. With a few levels of bard, started out with factotum with able learner, that feat that lets you pay only one rank if the skill isn't cross class, it shouldn't be too hard to qualify.

Adumbration
2008-02-04, 12:33 AM
This isn't the *most* powerful character, but I can guarantee that it'll be fun. Druid 5 / Master of many forms 10 / *something* 5.

Now you can wildshape into anything from Diminutive to Gargantuan, with your options including oozes, dragons, plants, elementals, fey, vermin, humanoid and monstrous humanoid. Oh, and you get all the extraordinary abilities you transform into, too!

Make it Neutral Evil and long-lived starting race, and you'll be the Evil of the Ages.

Emperor Tippy
2008-02-04, 12:42 AM
Wizard 5/Incantatrix 10/Archmage 5

This is a level 18 character that I built (ignore the spell list as it is built in conjunction with another player).

http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7809

It can hit 20 targets with 20 negative levels out of a single 4th level spell slot, and quicken it for free. Oh, those envenerations also repeat on your next standard action.

For buffs persist the following:
Shapechange
Ironguard
Superior Invisibility

Shapechange into a Shadesteel Golem (for immunity to magic and the other golem immunities).

You can only be hurt by SR: No spells and to target you the person has to have true seeing up. No metal weapon can hurt you. And as a free action you can turn into a Zodar for free wishes (or any of a long list of characters who help in specific situations).

That character I posted can solo over 90% of the CR 20+ monsters published in any 3.0 or 3.5 book excluding the ELH (and a lot of that can be soloed as well).

If your going evil and want power loot into gate + mindrape for an army of super loyal Great Wrym Prismatic Dragons.

bugsysservant
2008-02-04, 12:46 AM
This isn't the *most* powerful character, but I can guarantee that it'll be fun. Druid 5 / Master of many forms 10 / *something* 5.

Now you can wildshape into anything from Diminutive to Gargantuan, with your options including oozes, dragons, plants, elementals, fey, vermin, humanoid and monstrous humanoid. Oh, and you get all the extraordinary abilities you transform into, too!

Make it Neutral Evil and long-lived starting race, and you'll be the Evil of the Ages.

For that build, the extra five works well with Warshaper. Again, not that powerful (compared to the other possible builds. Still game breaking-ly good) but very fun. Although it really depends on what your DM considers "familiar" with the animal.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-02-04, 12:48 AM
Don't forget the Druid -10, Planar Shepherd-10 lots of planetravellers in FRCS no reason he couldn't have visited ECS at some point in the past.

Draz74
2008-02-04, 12:49 AM
Warlock 2 / Cleric 3 / Mindbender 1 / Eldritch Disciple 10 / Hellfire Warlock 3 / Warlock 1 maybe?

The_Snark
2008-02-04, 01:15 AM
I'm still not sure if this works but Okay. Crystalline troll Ftr4/Bbn1 Cast lesser construct essence(races of Eberron) on him and he is immune to all forms of damage but sonic. If it doesn't work then find some other way to make it immune to NL damage.

No, it doesn't work at all... only living constructs can be targeted by Lesser Construct Essence.

Your party is short on spellcasting, it looks like. A level 20 druid or wizard works. No prestige classes necessary for the druid; for the wizard, good prestige classes are geometer, archmage, initiate of the sevenfold veil, or incanatrix. Or you could be a plain wizard; it's not like you won't be powerful anyway, as long as you're clever with your spells.

Ascension
2008-02-04, 01:27 AM
Wait, I thought you were trying to build a BBEG to pit against the listed party, but The_Snark seems to think that you're joining them as part of an evil adventuring party... Clarification please?

The_Snark
2008-02-04, 01:48 AM
Well, he mentions that the party includes a NE halfling rogue, a crusader of Mask (evil deity), and a shadowcaster (in Forgotten Realms, that probably means Shar). So I think it's definitely an evil party, although it's true he didn't specify whether he was joining them or if he's their DM and need to challenge them...

TheSteelRat
2008-02-04, 02:36 AM
Evil character options, eh? Curious as to what your stat generation method was, since it looks like a very nice 4d6 set-up.

Ideas
Races:
Strongheart Halfling - You get the benefits of small size (as you're a ranged attacker) and still get an extra feat for metamagic/other.
Human - Feats are nice

Artificer 20
Basically, you're every melee guy's best friend, since you can provide massive buffage to their gear through your infusions, and you're the best blaster that blasters can be. Want to do massive amounts of damage? Here's your class. With this class, you're EVERY caster, EVER. You can use ALL spells, so long as you can make a skill check to craft it, so this is a very equipment dependent class.
DEX - 21 (Main attack), INT - 24 (Casting Stat). Rest as Flavor. Improve these with level adjustments
Feats: Any Metamagic + Extend/Persist, Wand Surge, Wand Mastery (Increases Wand CL for free, for cheaper wands), Rapid Infusion, and if you feel like it, TWF/Double Wand Wielder. It's easy to pick, since you get 5 Class Feats, All Item Creation (except a few of the odd ones, like Etch Schema, Contingent Spell), in addition to your 1+7 level feats.
Cheese Abuse Combo: Take a Staff/Scroll of Unfettered Heroism, Persist it through Infusion or Class Features, and take the Wand Surge Feat. Congratulations, you can use a charge/round from a wand without reducing the number of charges. This, combined with Infusions/Class Features, allows you to blast and blast and blast away with powerful spells without ever a problem. Works only with Wands with 1 Metamagic on them, but I'm sure a 4th level Energy Admixtured Orb of X/Y or a Maximized(or Chained) Enervate every round can really put people off. And, if you want to Nova, you can combine basically every metamagic feat you've got into one swirling vortex of damage. And, in your down time, you can construct a robot army of doom, improve the gear of your comrades-in-temporary-arms, or make nasty magic items for your own destructive pleasure. If you're big into crafting, there's even feats that let you reduce costs (gp, time, xp) by 25%, and you get xp from from the class & stealing it from items you recover. You can throw in Cannith Wand Adept if you want to increase your wand power too, but you lose infusions and a bonus feat. Also, you can take a level of Cleric with the Magic Domain, and you don't need any skill checks anymore for Cleric or Wizard spells, although a +X competency item isn't too expensive.

Druid 3 / Wizard 3 / Mystic Theurge 4 / Arcane Heirophant 10
As someone earlier suggested, this is a great combo for those looking to have a diversity of spells, as well as being able to excel in combat situations. You can pull a Batman(albeit, not as many high level spells), in addition to having a permanently summoned and equally buffed Familiar Companion that's intelligent, capable of spellcasting, using items, etc. With Natural Bond, you've got your hands on Druid 16 equivalent for companions, which gives you access to one of the more powerful ones: Dire Tiger. Since every buff you have on you is also a buff on him, it's pretty nice. If your GM allows, you can even ride him into battle (especially if you're small sized), letting him do the melee while you blast/batman away with spells for everything from damage to battlefield control. You effectively get two characters built-in. If you feel like it, you can even Wildshape yourself into a Dire Tiger and have a ball at Melee (remember to take Natural Spell). Remember, if you can't Wildshape into it, you can always Polymorph into it, and make your pet that too. Because nobody expects field mice to suddenly eat your face.

Cleric 20 - DMM Cheese
You can find lots of these builds online, but it centers around selecting the Undeath (Extra Turning as a free feat) and Planning (Extend Spell as a free feat) with one of the races above for your domains. Your feats then go to Persistent Spell, DMM:Persistent Spell, Extra Turning, and Power Attack. You can now make yourself a monster of melee with just about every buff spell. Personally, I think Persistent-cheese is far more effective with the Artificer, since you can craft a staff with the spells on it, then Metamagic Infusion Persistent, and boom, you can select the best out of the Druid's, Cleric's, and Wizard's lists. You can also choose to get other metamagics & their DMM's, but that cuts down on the # of spells you can persist, unless you have access to Nightsticks. Also, any Prestige Class that grants full casting(or nearly full casting) and Extra Turning or feats that can become Extra turning, take'em, they're worth it.

Druid 10 / Planar Sheperd 10
You can either kill everyone in a 60' radius almost automatically, turn into any Outsider, Elemental, or Magical Beast from one plane in addition to getting their spell-like abilities and all the abuse it entails, or just give yourself 10 whole rounds to chill while 1 passes for all your enemies. No sane DM would allow this prestige class unless you're going up against Pun-Pun.

Wizard 4 / Spontaneous 1 / Ultimate Magus 10 / Archmage 5
Since you're not allowed to use Complete Mage, Ultimate Magus is out the window, but that would be basically your ultimate Arcane caster using the Practiced Spellcaster trick. You basically get 18 level Wizard (Caster Level 22) and 9th level Spontaneous (Caster Level 17) with more spells known for the sorcerer, ability to sacrifice spells one one side for Metamagic on the other, and you even get 2 bonus feats, and the prereq's only Knowledge Arcana, Spellcraft, and a metamagic feat, things you need anyways! Pick a Spontaneous class with INT for casting, and you're a one attribute man.

Archivist 3 / Wizard 3 / Mystic Theurge 10 (if DM Allows, 14) / (Prestige of Choice) 4
This build gives you access to ALL divine spells, such as Paladin, Ranger, Druid, and Cleric, in addition to Wizard spells, provided you can write them down in your "prayer book." Both classes rely on INT, and you can chose which to continue afterwards. Gives you 13 in one, 17 in the other. If your DM likes you, you can even have 17 in both with continued progression of Mystic Theurge.

Shadowcraft Mage Build
There are sites that have this covered better than I can do it, but basically you can cast illusions with 120% of reality with just about any spell. Insanely powerful.

Talic
2008-02-04, 03:20 AM
For that build, the extra five works well with Warshaper. Again, not that powerful (compared to the other possible builds. Still game breaking-ly good) but very fun. Although it really depends on what your DM considers "familiar" with the animal.

I prefer 3 Warshaper, 1 Nature's Warrior (for Serpent's coils), 1 Barbarian.

Serpent's coils give some of your larger forms bonus damage, and an even beefier grapple.

Barbarian gives you a bit of rage.

Warshaper gives you extra reach, better stats, and the like. Multimorph isn't as useful, as a Druid built like this has something like 12 Wild Shapes per day, lasting 6 hours each. Just use another Wild shape, if you need to change.

The_Snark
2008-02-04, 03:26 AM
The 4th level of Warshaper is definitely worth it, though; fast healing? For essentially all day? Worth more than the ability to rage once a day, I think.

The Extinguisher
2008-02-04, 03:37 AM
Bard 20

Sure, you won't be the most powerful, but evil bards are FUN.

Duke of URL
2008-02-04, 08:04 AM
Dread Necromancer 10 / Ur-Priest 10

Tossing around 5th level arcane spells (at CL 10) and 9th level divine spells (at CL 15), plus a TON of creepiness in terms of fluff.

de-trick
2008-02-04, 10:11 AM
thinking of this one

Druid 3 / Wizard 3 / Mystic Theurge 4 / Arcane Heirophant 10

plain druid

or
Druid 5 / Master of many forms 10 / warshaper 5.

Hario
2008-02-04, 12:50 PM
Archivist5/Sacred Excorsist1/Contemplative2/Divine Oracle2/Archivist10

Obviously this build is filled with cheese, you can put even more PrC levels if you want, I just made it so you get more bonus feats and dark knowledge to help the party. Not only can you get ALL Divine Spells (Cleric(Domains too!!!), druid, paladin, ranger) you get the best ones, Holy Sword lvl 4 anyone? Good spells to have or persist are Divine Power, Righteous might, Greater Aspect of Diety, Greater Consumptive field (pun-pun anyone?) Divine Fortune (instant crit anyone), Look at as many domains you can, you have access to all of them barring alignment. At this point you are the most overpowered caster known to existence. You can do almost all the tricks the wizard can do and even evade them.

If your saves are jacked A level in pious templar is amazing for mettle to go along with your evasion+ ability you get from divine oracle.