PDA

View Full Version : Who will Belkar kill?*spoilers*

Iliad
2008-02-04, 09:12 PM
in comic 331 with the oracle, belkar asked whether he would cause the death of miko, miko's horse, V or Roy or the kobold.

Roy fell to the ground, Mike got bisected when she destroyed the gate, I don't remember what happened to the horse and the kobold survived. So unless miko or Roy are resurrected and then killed by belkar or I forgot that belkar killed the horse, or if belkar comes back to the oracle belkar is going to kill V.

Raider
2008-02-04, 09:16 PM
All of the above

someonenonotyou
2008-02-04, 10:24 PM
every one!

Trazoi
2008-02-04, 10:37 PM
I'm hoping it's the oracle; I like V too much. Or there's an escape clause where Miko is brought back as an undead abomination and Belkar "kills" her.

FujinAkari
2008-02-04, 10:56 PM
There is also a fiercely contended theory that Belkar caused Roy's death by giving him the Ring of Jumping which directly led him to fighting Xykon.

Detractors say that it wasn't an immediate enough cause of death, while those who "buy" it say that it was certainly "a" cause, and the Oracle didn't say "kill one of", just "cause the death of."

Trazoi
2008-02-04, 11:32 PM
There is also a fiercely contended theory that Belkar caused Roy's death by giving him the Ring of Jumping which directly led him to fighting Xykon.

Detractors say that it wasn't an immediate enough cause of death, while those who "buy" it say that it was certainly "a" cause, and the Oracle didn't say "kill one of", just "cause the death of."
I find that argument to be a bit weak. You could make the same argument regarding Miko's horse: Belkar was the one who caused Miko to become furious enough to kill her liege, which caused her to lose her paladinhood and thus the "death" of her horse.

monty
2008-02-04, 11:39 PM
I love how every time someone thinks they discovered this for the first time, someone mentions the Roy theory, and then it gets into the same debate, with everyone making the same arguments. Wait, no, I don't love it. It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I think that it's like V's gender or :mitd:. Until we know for sure, anything we come up with is just a guess.

FujinAkari
2008-02-05, 12:34 AM
I find that argument to be a bit weak. You could make the same argument regarding Miko's horse: Belkar was the one who caused Miko to become furious enough to kill her liege, which caused her to lose her paladinhood and thus the "death" of her horse.

You could, except that the horse didn't die, and that there lacks an element of direct causality which is present in the Roy argument.

I'm ultimately of the opinion that Roy does technically qualify for the prophesy, though I wouldn't mind seeing more come of it :)

David Argall
2008-02-05, 02:08 AM
Belkar was dumb enough to ask "cause the death of", not "kill", so there is an excellent chance the answer is Belkar gets to kill e-None of the above.

And while I think there will be more, the passing of the ring of jumping to Roy is enough to mean Belkar is getting no refund.

Trazoi
2008-02-05, 02:24 AM
You could, except that the horse didn't die, and that there lacks an element of direct causality which is present in the Roy argument.
True. I could attempt to turn the argument to Miko in an extreme act of indirect casuality.

I'm ultimately of the opinion that Roy does technically qualify for the prophesy, though I wouldn't mind seeing more come of it :)
Me too. As in Belkar heads back to the Oracle to ask for further clarification, and the Oracle goes into a lengthy explanation of how lending his ring to Roy fulfilled his previous question.

Then Belkar stabs the Oracle and uses him as a hat. :belkar:

(By the way, is the Oracle male? I'm used to Oracles being female in general, but I remember differently in the case of the OotS Oracle).

The Extinguisher
2008-02-05, 02:43 AM
I would love for Belkar to cause the death of all of them, but not kill any of them.

Also, Kobold? What kobold?
The oracle was a beautiful human. I remember.

Yerocha
2008-02-05, 02:54 AM
Since resurrection is a possibility, it could naturally be possible to kill Roy or V, then have them come back. It seems pretty likely.

BigAlzBub
2008-02-05, 01:38 PM
I think Roy and the ring is a likely candidate, after all the oracle was a very pedantic sod, when Roy asked him "Where is Xykon?" was his answer was "In his throne room." However Belkar was also partially responsible for Mikos death, if he hadn't have baiter her, she probably wouldn't have overheard Lord Shojo talking to Roy and killed Shojo, which lead to the sequence of events that ultimately lead to her own death, thin? perhaps, but the Oracle wasn't the most forthcoming of people and Belkar had annoyed him.

David Argall
2008-02-05, 03:41 PM
By the way, is the Oracle male?

See SoD Technically he merely says he has a hot date with a kobold chick, but it's rather pushing it to claim the oracle is lesbian.

Swordlol
2008-02-05, 10:31 PM
I hope MitD and Belkar die at the same time in some sort of obvious joke cliche ending idea...

I got no clue how to word this.

FujinAkari
2008-02-05, 10:41 PM
However Belkar was also partially responsible for Mikos death, if he hadn't have baiter her, she probably wouldn't have overheard Lord Shojo talking to Roy and killed Shojo, which lead to the sequence of events that ultimately lead to her own death, thin?

This doesn't seem plausible. Miko overheard Shojo because she and Hinjo were rushing to the throneroom to warn him of the upcoming invasion. Belkar's actions seem to have absolutely nothing to do with her having overheard.

You -could- claim that his presence in the throne room added credence to Miko's assumption of betrayal (what with him supposedly being imprisoned and all), but that is substantially more indirect than the Roy-ring argument.

Basically, the debate comes down to: If you think Belkar caused Miko's death through very indirect means, then you -certainly- think he caused Roy's death. If you don't think Belkar was a direct enough cause of Roy's death, then you -certainly- don't think that he was direct enough in Miko's case.

Thus, debating Miko becomes an exercise in futility, as it is simply a less-defensible version of the Roy debate :)

hajo
2008-02-06, 05:07 AM
I love how every time someone thinks they discovered this for the first time,
The search-function of this forum is badly limited.
So I 'm not surprised that it is quite underused :smallannoyed: