PDA

View Full Version : Space Rangers 2

sikyon
2008-02-05, 01:20 AM
So I finally finished a game of space rangers 2, and I must say that it felt really really good. Like reading a good book, but you're sad it's over. I've played it dozens of times but this is the first time I ever finished a game. I don't know how I feel...

Anyone else played this game?

SolkaTruesilver
2008-02-05, 10:58 AM
I got tired of this (good) game when my ship was powerful ennough to wipe almost all of an occupying fleet by itself. My ship was re-fuelling, and repairing automaticly, so I just kept flying around the map, just slow ennough so the fastest ennemy ship could reach me. I'll kill it, and then slow down to kill the 2nd fastest. Etc... etc... There was 1 ship remaining at the end, but then the game spawns new small-ships.

The problem is, the game just... became over-repetitive. Same thing that always happens. Except the mini-games, but that wasn't *that* great.

I had many hours of fun, and for not a too expensive aquisition, so I'd rate the game B+. WAY more than Sim Societies, which rates in the negative even if I payed nothing to get it.

ElectricEel
2008-02-05, 01:41 PM
Yeah. I've played it through once. It's a good game, though I haven't touched it in quite a while. There's a new expansion coming out (http://www.elementalgames.com/forum/msg.php?lang=eng&forum=rangers&theme=484&page=auto) which I'll probably buy if it'll be available starforce-free.

sikyon
2008-02-06, 02:13 PM
Yeah. I've played it through once. It's a good game, though I haven't touched it in quite a while. There's a new expansion coming out (http://www.elementalgames.com/forum/msg.php?lang=eng&forum=rangers&theme=484&page=auto) which I'll probably buy if it'll be available starforce-free.

Didn't Space Rangers 2 have no copy protection at all?

I got tired of this (good) game when my ship was powerful ennough to wipe almost all of an occupying fleet by itself. My ship was re-fuelling, and repairing automaticly, so I just kept flying around the map, just slow ennough so the fastest ennemy ship could reach me. I'll kill it, and then slow down to kill the 2nd fastest. Etc... etc... There was 1 ship remaining at the end, but then the game spawns new small-ships.

Ah yes. I found that to start getting repetative so I became a pirate as well. It was pretty cool.