PDA

View Full Version : vote which class

freetobeuandme
2008-02-05, 09:55 AM
Harssaf (MM3 p63) (MM3Errata)+ +4 Str +6 Dex +6 Con +2 Cha Monk • Medium Size • 30’ Movement, 10’ Burrow • Blindsense 30’ • Gains Feat: Lightning Reflexes & Feat: Alertness. • +3 Natural Armor bonus to AC • Damage Reduction 5 / bludgeoning • Fast Healing 3 • Immunity to Blindness and Fire • Vulnerability to Cold • Damage Reduction 5 / bludgeoning • Spell Resistance of 17 + Class level • Level Adjustment +4 • 6HD Monstrous Humanoid, which grants skill points, Feats, BAB, & Base Save Bonuses. • Sand Form – As a Standard Action, can transform his/her body to sand (equivalent to Gaseous Form except cannot fly, but can slither along the ground). • Flaming Aura – As a Free Action, the Harssaf can be surrounded by heat. Anyone within 5’ takes 1d6 Fire damage per round & any metal weapons wielded by the Harssaf do +1d6 Fire damage. • Sand Pulse – Once per day as a Standard Action, all creatures in a 30’ radius around the Harssaf take 3d6 damage (Ref1⁄2) and are Blinded for 5 rounds (RefNeg). DC is Constitution-based. Harssafs are immune to other Harssaf’s Sand Pulse.

which class would work best?

freetobeuandme
2008-02-05, 09:58 AM
also if it's an unusual class please give me the stats
thanks

Khanderas
2008-02-05, 10:00 AM
Since I am 20% bastard and 80% anal, let me be the first to comment thus:

Your post makes no sense, great wall of text makes me unintrested in voting one way or the other, (whatever the options are). What class works best ? Best at what really ?

The title infuriates me, it says nothing about the post, it describes nothing and once I read the post once, it will not help me finding it again tomorrow, nor will it aid me in avoiding to read it again tomorrow.

Telonius
2008-02-05, 10:17 AM
I'm assuming you're asking which class would be the best fit for this race.

With that level adjustment you'll probably want to avoid full caster classes. Barbarian2/FighterX/Some PrC X would probably be good. Barbarian2 will net you Uncanny Dodge. Goes along nicely with that high Dex modifier. Keep your base Dex at 10, modified by race to 16, so you get the maximum use out of your Mithral Full Plate.

That said, I'm a little tempted to say Rogue instead. The high Dex makes it an obvious possibility, and the Sand Pulse could be terrific for lots of sneak attacks. Seems very situational, though. High Con makes up for one of the Rogue's big weak points (low HP). Your pick, really.

Solo
2008-02-05, 10:19 AM
Since I am 20% bastard and 80% anal, let me be the first to comment thus:

Your post makes no sense, great wall of text makes me unintrested in voting one way or the other, (whatever the options are). What class works best ? Best at what really ?

The title infuriates me, it says nothing about the post, it describes nothing and once I read the post once, it will not help me finding it again tomorrow, nor will it aid me in avoiding to read it again tomorrow.

It is also offensive to my race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, morality, and upbringing.

Khanderas
2008-02-05, 10:21 AM
It is also offensive to my race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, morality, and upbringing.
Thanks, mind if I keep that for the next one ?:smallbiggrin:

de-trick
2008-02-05, 11:24 AM
Harssaf (MM3 p63) (MM3Errata)
+4 Str +6 Dex +6 Con +2 Cha
favored class Monk
Medium Size
30’ Movement, 10’ Burrow
Blindsense 30
Gains Feat: Lightning Reflexes & Alertness.
+3 Natural Armor bonus
Damage Reduction 5 / bludgeoning
Fast Healing 3
Immunity to Blindness and Fire,Vulnerability to Cold , Spell Resistance of 17 + Class level
Level Adjustment +4
6HD Monstrous Humanoid, which grants skill points, Feats, BAB, & Base Save Bonuses.
Sand Form – As a Standard Action, can transform his/her body to sand (equivalent to Gaseous Form except cannot fly, but can slither along the ground).
Flaming Aura – As a Free Action, the Harssaf can be surrounded by heat. Anyone within 5’ takes 1d6 Fire damage per round & any metal weapons wielded by the Harssaf do +1d6 Fire damage. • Sand Pulse – Once per day as a Standard Action, all creatures in a 30’ radius around the Harssaf take 3d6 damage (Ref1⁄2) and are Blinded for 5 rounds (RefNeg). DC is Constitution-based. Harssafs are immune to other Harssaf’s Sand Pulse.

You should of spoilered it cause not SRD, id say barbarian or rogue

playswithfire
2008-02-05, 11:34 AM
A desert wind-specializing swordsage might be thematic. Or you can go straight into Fist of the Forest (Complete Champion), which gives CON to ac when unarmored; probably have to change it to be a desert theme though.

or, of course, fighter/barbarian into the melee prestige class of your choice