PDA

View Full Version : warforged barbarian

EphU437
2008-02-05, 02:54 PM
Is a WF barbarian immune to fatigue at the end of his rage?

bosssmiley
2008-02-05, 03:01 PM
Immune to the fatigued condition, aren't they? Then "yes".
Happy Pancake Day. :smallamused:

memo to self: next Eberron character, a Warforged Barb named 'Overclock'.

Theli
2008-02-05, 03:50 PM
Yup, a level 17 barbarian class feature granted through racial selection. :p

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-05, 04:03 PM
Well, Animate Dead does the same for you. :smalltongue:

Theli
2008-02-05, 04:09 PM
But the side effects!

Telonius
2008-02-05, 04:13 PM
That it is. A former group of mine playing Age of Worms had just such a character: Thump, the Warforged Barbarian. (Be sure to include the comma). I think he had a couple levels of fighter thrown in there too, but same result.

MightyIgoo
2008-02-06, 12:23 PM
Hehe, warforged barbarian goin' into rage, all "THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE! FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR! BEEP BEEP!"... I love warforged.

How does a warforged become a barbarian, anyway? Did he fall off a troop transport truck during the War and have to make his way back to civilization on his own?

EDIT: Did I say 'truck'? I meant 'Wagon'.

EXTRA EDIT: Why would anyone put a tireless war machine on a wagon when they can march to Hell and back without breaking a sweat? Apparently, I would.

BadJuJu
2008-02-06, 12:29 PM
Hehe, warforged barbarian goin' into rage, all "THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE! FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR! BEEP BEEP!"... I love warforged.

How does a warforged become a barbarian, anyway? Did he fall off a troop transport truck during the War and have to make his way back to civilization on his own?

EXTRA EDIT: Why would anyone put a tireless war machine on a wagon when they can march to Hell and back without breaking a sweat? Apparently, I would.

Im thinking a virus. Or maybe a terminal erorr that forced it to shut down. Damn you syntax error(sp).

hylian chozo
2008-02-06, 12:34 PM
My friend once had a warforged that spoke binary.

Jakezor
2008-02-06, 12:34 PM
He suffered one of these...

http://www.stevensacks.net/images/catastrophic.jpg

Upon reboot, his registry was corrupted.

He could be on an epic quest to find the legendary "Customer support" to restore his "configuration"

That'd probably require the legendary artifact: "Waxed Modem" however, and as such, I wish him luck.

Theli
2008-02-06, 12:51 PM
*Urge to rant...and possibly kill and/or maim...rising*

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-06, 12:55 PM
*Urge to rant...and possibly kill and/or maim...rising*

Hey that almost sounded like a real barbarian and not just the robot Warforged wannabe. :smalltongue:

Theli
2008-02-06, 12:58 PM
!

Arghlebargleaghahhhhhhh!!!

Admiral Squish
2008-02-06, 01:00 PM
!

Arghlebargleaghahhhhhhh!!!

Higahurgurkgurk!

Telonius
2008-02-06, 01:06 PM

Supposedly he was a special collectors' edition (mithral body, too) that the forge put out just before the Day of Mourning. I think his fluff was that he was designed with a temporary system boost that needed a certain amount of time to reset. Kind of like adding nitro to a racecar. Because of that, they didn't add in the literacy function. (My Rogue suspected that they would have come out with an upgrade pack, for a reasonable fee, if the DoM hadn't intervened).

Hunter Noventa
2008-02-06, 01:08 PM
Obviously a warforged barbarian just has built-in turbo boosters that supercharge whatever power source they run off of, but if they run for too long he explodes.

Just like a Warforged Warlock doesn't grow wings with Fell Flight, he actually has giant-robot style boosters built in someplace on his body.

Yes, I am being silly.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-06, 01:11 PM
Ohh Theli you must love this!

I do not even need to be trolling. :smalltongue:

Swooper
2008-02-06, 01:16 PM
This thread just made my day and made me want, for the first time, to play a Warforged, at the same time. You guys rock. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-06, 01:19 PM
Seems like robot barbarians will be coming in fashion this spring/fall. :smallwink:

Theli
2008-02-06, 01:31 PM
Grr...Silvanos...you better sleep with one eye open...

:D

Zenos
2008-02-06, 01:39 PM
I wonder, is GlaDOS a Warforged Berserker put in a "life"-support device? It would explain how she wants to kill people.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-06, 01:43 PM
Ohh I do, 3 at least! :smallcool:

You should see the PMs I get...

Just the other day a huge number of John Lennon fans were complaining that I should not have animated him and made him perform songs in favor of stopping the Blood War. :smallamused:

Fax Celestis
2008-02-06, 01:44 PM
Ohh I do, 3 at least! :smallcool:

You should see the PMs I get...

Just the other day a huge number of John Lennon fans were complaining that I should not have animated him and made him perform songs in favor of stopping the Blood War. :smallamused:

The Blood War: D&D's Vietnam War.

Zenos
2008-02-06, 01:49 PM

Only it NEVER ends. At least the Vietnam war was won by someone.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-06, 01:52 PM
Only it NEVER ends.

Ahh, but it does. This summer it will be over!

Come 4E and there will be no more Blood War. Imagine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3862856&postcount=158) that.

Swooper
2008-02-06, 02:13 PM
...How the hell did you do that? Are you running multiple accounts here, Sylvanos? Because I've never seen anyone so elaborately set up a pun so many posts in advance? :smallamused:

Fax Celestis
2008-02-06, 02:16 PM
...How the hell did you do that? Are you running multiple accounts here, Sylvanos? Because I've never seen anyone so elaborately set up a pun so many posts in advance? :smallamused:

It's magic.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-02-06, 02:22 PM
It's magic.

Exactly. Multiple accounts are against the forum rules, but they say nothing about using Charm on other posters. :smallamused:

Swooper
2008-02-06, 02:27 PM
Exactly. Multiple accounts are against the forum rules, but they say nothing about using Charm on other posters. :smallamused:
I guess I failed my Knowledge (Dungeoneering) check, eh? :smallbiggrin:

RedShift zX
2008-02-07, 03:16 AM
This thread totally made my night. You guys are awsome <3.

Damn u syntax errors!!

Epic lulz

Cuddly
2008-02-07, 03:27 AM
I've been tinkering around with the idea of a gestalt warforged psion//disciple of dispater. Manifesting Body Adjustment would cause thousands of nanobots to come pouring out and patch up his damaged chassis.

Who's gonna be their Rambo?

Zenos
2008-02-07, 03:30 AM
Who's gonna be their Rambo?

lvl 20 wizard or level 20 barbarian//rogue with maxed UMD and wands to kill everybody.

Cuddly
2008-02-07, 03:33 AM
lvl 20 wizard or level 20 barbarian//rogue with maxed UMD and wands to kill everybody.

An angry artificer?